New Chapter

DarkLiege

I want to make a Chapter that relies on Sects, like the eldars or the tau. Each of the sects is associated with an animal that is spiritual and each sect has their own ritual.

for example: the sect of the coyote is for marines who wants to be a scout or the sect of the spider could be for marines who want to be librarians.

Just wondering what you guys, people of the forum, think about this idea.

i sort of got this idea from the bear/slavic forum and watching the TV show: Grimm. :mellow:

Hmm, sounds like a native american version of the Thousand Sons. :P

I think the concept needs a little work, but it could easily end up like a DIY space wolves army... whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to you. :D

i was thinking on this concept like that of the native american version. instead of having furs on them, they instead have tattoo marking on their armors. i will try not to be that of the space wolves. the geneseed i will try to use will be that of the IF or the WS ones.

or maybe something like instead of them being in sects, the whole animal thing could be in the command structure like librarians are spiders or Kumo or Apothecary/ chaplain are bears or Gurahl. i still want it to have that whole native american feel to the whole chapter with the animals.

P.S: the name for the bear i got from the white wolf game: werewolves: the apocalypse.

Homeworld:

• Feudal world/city-states
  • house=main power
  • always in conflict with one another
  • where the chapter get their recruits from
  • separated by mountains
  • each house is similar to that of one of the many animals

what I mean by the last bullet point is that each of the houses are based upon an animal like a wolf or a spider and so forth. this later is part of the organization of the chapter as it changes based on the house that each company recruit from. something like that, if not similar.

Homeworld:

• house=main power
  • separated by mountains

what I mean by the last bullet point is that each of the houses are based upon an animal like a wolf or a spider and so forth. this later is part of the organization of the chapter as it changes based on the house that each company recruit from. something like that, if not similar.

Thanks for clarifying what you are looking for. I originally thought you were talking about something like shamanistic totems, but the idea of feudal city states could work. Having recently re-watched the first season of Game of Thrones I can definitely see potential. I do wonder however if such an organization might not work better in an Imperial Guard army rather than within a space marine chapter. Divided loyalties breed to potential for conflict within the chapter.

Of course, a skilled chapter master could play off the divisions and underlying competitive nature between companies. I have seen this strategy work in football, where a coach improves the performance of his players by pitting them against each other. Actually, it could prove to be a retelling of the Great Crusade (or at least the relationships between the primarchs) in a microcosm. They would of course not be as powerful as the primarchs, but the egos involved could prove to be very similar.

You would potentially have factions within the Chapter. Those companies which draw from houses that are allied may have a closer bond, than with companies whose houses have strained relations or who are outright enemies. There could also be different tech levels within the various houses. How each company treats the major and minor houses tied to it may also differ.

You may want to consider extending the sphere of control beyond a single world. There could potentially be habitable moons or possibly several habitable planets (marginally or otherwise) within the system. A single house might occupy a marginally habitable moon. Although their population is low, they are more technologically advanced, which helps them survive in the harsh environment in which they live. The world might be at the edge of the habitable zone or be a moon of a gas giant. Its importance is that it is further out of the gravity well and thus, has the potential of being the first line of defense against invaders or the first target for raiders.

BTW, have you thought of a name for the chapter or the iconography that you would like to use?

Homeworld:

• house=main power
  • separated by mountains

Thanks for clarifying what you are looking for. I originally thought you were talking about something like shamanistic totems, but the idea of feudal city states could work. Having recently re-watched the first season of Game of Thrones I can definitely see potential. I do wonder however if such an organization might not work better in an Imperial Guard army rather than within a space marine chapter. Divided loyalties breed to potential for conflict within the chapter.

Of course, a skilled chapter master could play off the divisions and underlying competitive nature between companies. I have seen this strategy work in football, where a coach improves the performance of his players by pitting them against each other. Actually, it could prove to be a retelling of the Great Crusade (or at least the relationships between the primarchs) in a microcosm. They would of course not be as powerful as the primarchs, but the egos involved could prove to be very similar.

You would potentially have factions within the Chapter. Those companies which draw from houses that are allied may have a closer bond, than with companies whose houses have strained relations or who are outright enemies. There could also be different tech levels within the various houses. How each company treats the major and minor houses tied to it may also differ.

You may want to consider extending the sphere of control beyond a single world. There could potentially be habitable moons or possibly several habitable planets (marginally or otherwise) within the system. A single house might occupy a marginally habitable moon. Although their population is low, they are more technologically advanced, which helps them survive in the harsh environment in which they live. The world might be at the edge of the habitable zone or be a moon of a gas giant. Its importance is that it is further out of the gravity well and thus, has the potential of being the first line of defense against invaders or the first target for raiders.

BTW, have you thought of a name for the chapter or the iconography that you would like to use?

First of, thanks for the respond to the topic. i have not thought of a name or any iconography for the chapter yet. I'm think about Sons of (System's name) or something like that. I was thinking of having each company sort of 'recruiting' from different worlds with different cultures. how about instead of having sect for each role, they use animal names for the companies like having 1st company as the lions company and so forth. The chapter will instead have two sect: a Spider sect of Librarians and a Bear sect of Chaplain/Apothecary.

The Bear sect recruits from temples and churches while the Spider sect Recruits from within the chapter.

The ]I[ Believes that each of the animals represents each of the Primarchs and so forth. so what do you think of this.

P.S: I got to watch Game of Thrones. :)

First of, thanks for the respond to the topic. i have not thought of a name or any iconography for the chapter yet. I'm think about Sons of (System's name) or something like that. I was thinking of having each company sort of 'recruiting' from different worlds with different cultures.

Recruiting from several worlds within a single star system might be doable. Beyond that, you start having something that sounds like Ultramar, the domain of the Ultramarines. I guess it depends on how far you want to go with the chapter’s control of region. Simple recruiting would possibly be fine, but if they are treating the worlds as their own personal fiefdoms, there might be some problems.

How about instead of having sect for each role, they use animal names for the companies like having 1st company as the lions company and so forth. The chapter will instead have two sect: a Spider sect of Librarians and a Bear sect of Chaplain/Apothecary.

Each company having its own theme would work. The individual natures of the various space marine companies are a good example of this. With regard to sects, I’m still a bit on the fence. A spider motif for Librarians might work…depending on the fluff related to it. The bear being related to Chaplains and Apothecaries though is more problematic.

What about using a Serpent instead?

The Caduceus, twin snakes entwined around a winged staff or rod, has been erroneously used as a symbol of medicine. The staff was actually a symbol of Hermes (Mercury) and was usually borne by heralds. I can’t remember at the moment, what the rod of office carried by the Chaplain is, but it has a similar look…less the snakes of course.

Depending on the culture, serpents have been viewed as guardians. Sculptures of the snake-like naga are depicted in temples and other sacred sites in Asia. The serpent has also been used to symbolize wisdom and immortality. A serpent forming a ring, “biting its own tail” has been used as a symbol of infinity or eternal renewal…similar to the phoenix being reborn from its own ashes.

I may have a chapter concept that might fit your needs. It’s something that I came up with a while ago, but have never bothered to flesh out. What about calling the Chapter the Sons of Orion or Scions of Orion? Orion was a giant huntsman in Greek mythology. Orion was the son of Poseidon and a legendary slayer of animals. In some accounts, Orion is killed by a giant scorpion, sent by Gaia after he boasts that he will hunt and kill every beast on the earth.

My thought was to use the Space Wolves Codex for rules and special characters. As for the background I used the Orion myths as a guide. Instead of being based on a single homeworld, they are fleet based (nomadic hunters). They do however maintain outposts on various death worlds, where they hunt indigenous fauna. The Chapter is reputed for showing up in a warzone engaging the enemy and disappearing as quickly as they arrived. They are not really interested in medals or honors, but in showing their prowess as hunters and warriors. It is not uncommon for them to pass over targets of strategic or tactical importance, to attack enemies that will offer the most “sport”. They put little stock in the accolades of “lesser men”, which is how they view most Imperial officials.

The Chapter is currently embroiled in a feud with the Red Scorpions space marine chapter. The official accounts honor the apothecaries of the Scions of Orion for recovering the geneseed of fallen Red Scorpions marines, which would have otherwise been lost due to the fact that there was no Red Scorpion apothecary at hand. The Red Scorpions however argue that if they had not been caught in the act, the thieves would have made off with their geneseed. The animosity turned to violence, causing Imperial officials to step in.

Although “officially” vindicated, the chapter has drawn the interest of the Inquisition. For their part, the Red Scorpions are all too eager to reinitiate hostilities with the Scions of Orion. They usually refer to the apothecaries and the battle brother of the Scions of Orion as “carrion feeders” and Scions of Scavengers; being little better than a chaos warband.

Librarians

Given the mythological (Greek and Roman) association of the Chapter name (Scions/Sons of Orion) I thought that you could use the concept of the three fates in relation to the mystical / psychic powers of the Librarians. Sadly, in most cultures, the fates are depicted as female. There is however a possible alternative, that would serve a similar function. Instead of the Moirae (apportioners / fates), they could be called Arani…from Aranea (latin for spider).

It could be that they augment their power by means of spider venom, which induces a trance-like (some might call it a coma) state in which the librarian can undertake a spirit journey or vision quest. The venom causes the capillaries and blood vessels around the injection point to dilate and even rupture, leaving web-like patterns on the skin. The Arani believe that these vision quests allow them to better perceive the web of reality that binds us all. Some even claimed to have gained precognitive abilities.

Recruiting from several worlds within a single star system might be doable. Beyond that, you start having something that sounds like Ultramar, the domain of the Ultramarines. I guess it depends on how far you want to go with the chapter’s control of region. Simple recruiting would possibly be fine, but if they are treating the worlds as their own personal fiefdoms, there might be some problems.

I see the same problem now as it might become that of civil war within the chapter, i think.

Each company having its own theme would work. The individual natures of the various space marine companies are a good example of this. With regard to sects, I’m still a bit on the fence. A spider motif for Librarians might work…depending on the fluff related to it. The bear being related to Chaplains and Apothecaries though is more problematic.

What about using a Serpent instead?

The Caduceus, twin snakes entwined around a winged staff or rod, has been erroneously used as a symbol of medicine. The staff was actually a symbol of Hermes (Mercury) and was usually borne by heralds. I can’t remember at the moment, what the rod of office carried by the Chaplain is, but it has a similar look…less the snakes of course.

Depending on the culture, serpents have been viewed as guardians. Sculptures of the snake-like naga are depicted in temples and other sacred sites in Asia. The serpent has also been used to symbolize wisdom and immortality. A serpent forming a ring, “biting its own tail” has been used as a symbol of infinity or eternal renewal…similar to the phoenix being reborn from its own ashes.

The 'winged staff/rod with the twin snakes' is what is shown to represent medicine around the world so I do see where your going with this.

I may have a chapter concept that might fit your needs. It’s something that I came up with a while ago, but have never bothered to flesh out. What about calling the Chapter the Sons of Orion or Scions of Orion? Orion was a giant huntsman in Greek mythology. Orion was the son of Poseidon and a legendary slayer of animals. In some accounts, Orion is killed by a giant scorpion, sent by Gaia after he boasts that he will hunt and kill every beast on the earth.

My thought was to use the Space Wolves Codex for rules and special characters. As for the background I used the Orion myths as a guide. Instead of being based on a single homeworld, they are fleet based (nomadic hunters). They do however maintain outposts on various death worlds, where they hunt indigenous fauna. The Chapter is reputed for showing up in a warzone engaging the enemy and disappearing as quickly as they arrived. They are not really interested in medals or honors, but in showing their prowess as hunters and warriors. It is not uncommon for them to pass over targets of strategic or tactical importance, to attack enemies that will offer the most “sport”. They put little stock in the accolades of “lesser men”, which is how they view most Imperial officials.

The Chapter is currently embroiled in a feud with the Red Scorpions space marine chapter. The official accounts honor the apothecaries of the Scions of Orion for recovering the geneseed of fallen Red Scorpions marines, which would have otherwise been lost due to the fact that there was no Red Scorpion apothecary at hand. The Red Scorpions however argue that if they had not been caught in the act, the thieves would have made off with their geneseed. The animosity turned to violence, causing Imperial officials to step in.

Although “officially” vindicated, the chapter has drawn the interest of the Inquisition. For their part, the Red Scorpions are all too eager to reinitiate hostilities with the Scions of Orion. They usually refer to the apothecaries and the battle brother of the Scions of Orion as “carrion feeders” and Scions of Scavengers; being little better than a chaos warband.

If you would not mind, Can I use the name sons of Orion as the Chapter's name? thanks! ^_^

Librarians

Given the mythological (Greek and Roman) association of the Chapter name (Scions/Sons of Orion) I thought that you could use the concept of the three fates in relation to the mystical / psychic powers of the Librarians. Sadly, in most cultures, the fates are depicted as female. There is however a possible alternative, that would serve a similar function. Instead of the Moirae (apportioners / fates), they could be called Arani…from Aranea (latin for spider).

It could be that they augment their power by means of spider venom, which induces a trance-like (some might call it a coma) state in which the librarian can undertake a spirit journey or vision quest. The venom causes the capillaries and blood vessels around the injection point to dilate and even rupture, leaving web-like patterns on the skin. The Arani believe that these vision quests allow them to better perceive the web of reality that binds us all. Some even claimed to have gained precognitive abilities.

As far as the librarians things, i was thinking that they could be similar to the night lords 'prophets' and i like the ideas of the vision quest and the web-like patterns on the skin. I have read the tales of Aranea and thought it was interesting. The chapter look towards the spider sects to tell them of the fates of the companies and the fates that awaits them, coming to call them the Weavers of fate.

As far as the librarians things, i was thinking that they could be similar to the night lords 'prophets' and i like the ideas of the vision quest and the web-like patterns on the skin. I have read the tales of Aranea and thought it was interesting. The chapter look towards the spider sects to tell them of the fates of the companies and the fates that awaits them, coming to call them the Weavers of fate.

I would be careful with the whole idea of being weavers of fate. The "Fateweaver" is the name of one of the Lords of Change, Greater Daemon of Tzeentch. I have always interpreted the use of psychic powers as bending fate / reality. You are in a sense imposing your own will on the universe. Rather than actually weaving fate, there might be another way to relate the librarians’ visions and precognitive insight back to spiders. Spiders know when prey has been trapped in its web and where it is, by the vibrations on the strands of its web. In a similar way, in their trance-like state, the librarians can sense vibrations along the strands of the web of fate / reality. By interpreting these “vibrations” they can view events happening at great distances (remote viewing) or divine hidden information (clairvoyance).

This could also be in keeping with the hunter motif of the Chapter and would be similar idea of a tracker or scout placing his/her ear to the ground to pick up the vibrations caused by the movement of people, animals or machines.

I would be careful with the whole idea of being weavers of fate. The "Fateweaver" is the name of one of the Lords of Change, Greater Daemon of Tzeentch. I have always interpreted the use of psychic powers as bending fate / reality. You are in a sense imposing your own will on the universe. Rather than actually weaving fate, there might be another way to relate the librarians’ visions and precognitive insight back to spiders. Spiders know when prey has been trapped in its web and where it is, by the vibrations on the strands of its web. In a similar way, in their trance-like state, the librarians can sense vibrations along the strands of the web of fate / reality. By interpreting these “vibrations” they can view events happening at great distances (remote viewing) or divine hidden information (clairvoyance).

This could also be in keeping with the hunter motif of the Chapter and would be similar idea of a tracker or scout placing his/her ear to the ground to pick up the vibrations caused by the movement of people, animals or machines.

i think i know what you mean now and not a bad idea at that. where they see an influx of 'vibration' in the warp, they could determine if they need to act upon it or not in a sense.

:blink: did not mean to impose my own will upon the universe. :devil:

Command structure:

Chapter master: Chieftain

Captains: Warlords

Sergeant: Commander

Battle Brothers: Huntsmen

Librarians: Oracles

Chaplain/Apothecary: Shaman

Tech-Marine: ?

Recruitment:

• from 4 planets in the system
    • one is a feudal world
    • two is death worlds
    • one is forgeworld(under hive)

[*]a five planet for training

[*]trail of 'the hunt'

[*]each team must slay an animal or something like it?

Sons of Orion as Chapters Name( if that's okay with you, Destecado) :)

White Scars geneseed

*The name "Orion" is a hotly debated topic as most wonder where the name even came from at the time. some say "Orion" is referring to their Primarch, Jaghatai Khan, of the white Scars while others think it is the system in which they recruit from.

Each company within the chapter goes on a 'crusade' to 'hunt' for the imperuim. Arriving where combat is the most fierce for the joy of it, they leave as fast as they came. Each battle is for the thrill of the hunt.

this is all so far about the chapter. enjoy :D

I think I know what you mean now and not a bad idea at that. Where they see an influx of 'vibration' in the warp, they could determine if they need to act upon it or not in a sense.

:angry: did not mean to impose my own will upon the universe. :)

No worries. I also located an article that you might find interesting. Like a Bat, Blind Man Uses Sound to 'See'. In the article Daniel Kish (the blind man in question) discusses how he can visualize his environment through sound. (see quote below)

"Sound is like light in that they're both waves of energy," Kish said. "These waves of sound bounce off things in the environment, and when they return they actually carry with them an imprint of what they've encountered."

In a similar vein, the visions of the librarians might use the perceived vibrations / echoes in the warp, to form images or even sound, hearing what people are saying, doing or thinking without being present. Because time really holds no sway over the warp, these echoes could potentially be from events that have yet happen, thus the precognitive aspect. Because of the indistinct nature of the echoes, these visions appear more like dreams.

It could be that the Librarians use the venom of the spiders to induce the “healing sleep”, a state which space marines can enter to repair damage. By entering this near comatose state, the librarians are able to better attune themselves to the “vibrations of the universe / warp). Unlike when we sleep and dream, the dreamless comatose state, allows them to remove their own subconscious from the equation and “see” more clearly.

The state achieved would be similar to the Zen concept of mind without mind (mushin no shin)… a mind not fixed or occupied by thought or emotion and thus open to everything.

Command structure:

Chapter master: Chieftain

Captains: Warlords

Sergeant: Commander

Battle Brothers: Huntsmen

Librarians: Oracles

Chaplain/Apothecary: Shaman

Tech-Marine: ?

Below are some suggestions as to how we could tie the names used for command ranks back to the hunter and animals themes that have been used in the background of the chapter.

Chapter Master: Primus

I’m still working on this one, but I think we need a name which connotes the idea of the “Alpha dog” while also conveying that while he is the top dog, he is also the first among equals, who could potentially challenge him for his position or that the position is an honor bestow up the member of a larger group.

Primus inter pares is a Latin phrase that means first among equals. It describes the most senior person of a group sharing the same rank or office. The rank/position Prime Minister is derived from this concept, as is the official title of Roman Emperors, Princepts (First citizen).

In terms of 40k the name also recalls the position and title of the primarchs.

Captian / Company Commanders: Rahl

We shouldn’t be stuck with using existing nomenclature, when we could just as easily come up with our own. Rahl is a variant of the name Raul or Rahul. In Italian, Raul means wise ruler or wolf council / advisor. In Sanskrit Rahul means efficient or reliable. Use of this name to represent a command rank would be similar to Frank Herbert’s creation of the rank of Bashar in his Dune series.

Sergeant: Cadar or Cadesh

This name could either be related to Kadar, which is a variant of Kedar, which means strong or powerful. Another possibility is that it is a term used for a “pace setter” in the local dialect. The latter meaning could provide a way of providing some background on history of the planet or chapter. In music, a call and response rhythmic pattern has been used to synchronize efforts in group tasks, be it manual labor, rowing a boat or marching over great distances.

As for the others….I’ll have to give it some more thought.

Recruitment:

So you didn’t want to go with the fleet based army? My thought was that they might recruit from a larger number of worlds, but really have no homeworld of their own. Having no homeworld to defend, would free up more marines to undertake crusades in the name of the Imperium. They could potentially recruit from the local populous (war orphans) of the various warzones in which they find themselves. Such individuals are already battle tested or have at least proven themselves to be survivors. Recruits would be sent to on of the Death Worlds, where they would be trained. It could be that each company maintains its own holding(s) on a death world. Depending on how far the chapter is spread out on various crusades, this would make it easier to train replacements, rather than having to send them back to a centralized location on a single homeworld.

Sons of Orion as Chapters Name( if that's okay with you, Destecado) :D

Sounds good to me.

White Scars geneseed.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose White Scars? Since we are coming up with a new background, you could really use any rule set that you want. Singe White scars don’t have their own codex, you would be pretty much sticking with the standards Space Marine Codex. Personally, I think the Space Wolves would be a better fit.

White Scars geneseed.

Out of curiosity, what made you choose White Scars? Since we are coming up with a new background, you could really use any rule set that you want. Singe White scars don’t have their own codex, you would be pretty much sticking with the standards Space Marine Codex. Personally, I think the Space Wolves would be a better fit.

Since SW are a no-no for using their geneseed i try to avoid it as much as possible unless there's a way to make the geneseed work out. besides, to my disappointment, i do not have the SW:C yet. will try to get it soon.

Also thank you as always for the help, i did not start the IA yet as I'm just throwing ideas not from my mind. :)

White Scars geneseed.

Since SW are a no-no for using their geneseed i try to avoid it as much as possible unless there's a way to make the geneseed work out. besides, to my disappointment, i do not have the SW:C yet. will try to get it soon.

Also thank you as always for the help, i did not start the IA yet as I'm just throwing ideas not from my mind. :)

So you didn’t want to go with the fleet based army? My thought was that they might recruit from a larger number of worlds, but really have no homeworld of their own. Having no homeworld to defend, would free up more marines to undertake crusades in the name of the Imperium. They could potentially recruit from the local populous (war orphans) of the various warzones in which they find themselves. Such individuals are already battle tested or have at least proven themselves to be survivors. Recruits would be sent to on of the Death Worlds, where they would be trained. It could be that each company maintains its own holding(s) on a death world. Depending on how far the chapter is spread out on various crusades, this would make it easier to train replacements, rather than having to send them back to a centralized location on a single homeworld.

now rethinking about the recruitment this is a great idea.

Just thinking on this, Destecado,do you want to work on this IA together as a joint project? i be more than happy to and this is morely our own concepts. :D

Battle Cry: Call: "For Orion!" Respond: "For the Great Hunt!"

what you guys think about this, too general, weak?

In a similar vein, the visions of the librarians might use the perceived vibrations / echoes in the warp, to form images or even sound, hearing what people are saying, doing or thinking without being present. Because time really holds no sway over the warp, these echoes could potentially be from events that have yet happen, thus the precognitive aspect. Because of the indistinct nature of the echoes, these visions appear more like dreams.

It could be that the Librarians use the venom of the spiders to induce the “healing sleep”, a state which space marines can enter to repair damage. By entering this near comatose state, the librarians are able to better attune themselves to the “vibrations of the universe / warp). Unlike when we sleep and dream, the dreamless comatose state, allows them to remove their own subconscious from the equation and “see” more clearly.

The state achieved would be similar to the Zen concept of mind without mind (mushin no shin)… a mind not fixed or occupied by thought or emotion and thus open to everything.

In general, the psykers are capable of detecting disturbances in the Warp, like starship leaving/entering warp or summoning of daemon. However, the Warp is also home of all sorts of nasties (not only daemons), who like to pull pranks on mortals (and worse things), giving them wrong ideas and impressions. Sooo, *opening your mind to the echoes of warp* is not exactly good for your (mental) health.

White Scars geneseed.

He can use any Power Armour Codex he wants to represent his Chapter, really. The rule of thumb is leave the rules out of background development, it spares the author of huge amount of unnecessary (and pointless) explanations. It's one of the hidden joys of DIY. (And White Scars can be represented by Ravenwing of DA codex, so meh.)

Have a nice day, NightrawenII.

Just thinking on this, Destecado,do you want to work on this IA together as a joint project? i be more than happy to and this is morely our own concepts. :fakenopic:

Sounds great, I would be more than happy to help. I might even have to paint up a squad or two, once we settle on a color scheme.

Since SW are a no-no for using their geneseed i try to avoid it as much as possible unless there's a way to make the geneseed work out. Besides, to my disappointment, I do not have the SW:C yet. Will try to get it soon.

I may have misunderstood. I thought you were going to use the white Scar rules rather than just their geneseed. As to using the Space Wolves geenseed being taboo, I hadn’t heard that before. I guess we could always just leave it more ambiguous, going with an undisclosed geenseed or a recombination of multiple geenseed strains. There are mentions of such a practice occurring in the fluff…attempted tries at correcting flaws or mutations that may have occurred in the organs of one of the other geenseed strains.

Also thank you as always for the help, i did not start the IA yet as I'm just throwing ideas not from my mind. :D

Best way to start. It saves headaches in the long run.

It could work if Orion is the name of an actual person…possibly a former Chapter Master. If instead the name is to the legendary hunter, like the Sons of Antaeus, who are named after a mythical giant from Greek legend, then it may not make sense contextually.

Just thinking on this, Destecado,do you want to work on this IA together as a joint project? i be more than happy to and this is morely our own concepts. :fakenopic:

Sounds great, I would be more than happy to help. I might even have to paint up a squad or two, once we settle on a color scheme.

Since SW are a no-no for using their geneseed i try to avoid it as much as possible unless there's a way to make the geneseed work out. Besides, to my disappointment, I do not have the SW:C yet. Will try to get it soon.

I may have misunderstood. I thought you were going to use the white Scar rules rather than just their geneseed. As to using the Space Wolves geenseed being taboo, I hadn’t heard that before. I guess we could always just leave it more ambiguous, going with an undisclosed geenseed or a recombination of multiple geenseed strains. There are mentions of such a practice occurring in the fluff…attempted tries at correcting flaws or mutations that may have occurred in the organs of one of the other geenseed strains.

Also thank you as always for the help, i did not start the IA yet as I'm just throwing ideas not from my mind. :D

Best way to start. It saves headaches in the long run.

It could work if Orion is the name of an actual person…possibly a former Chapter Master. If instead the name is to the legendary hunter, like the Sons of Antaeus, who are named after a mythical giant from Greek legend, then it may not make sense contextually.

For the color scheme, maybe each company have their own color scheme.

for the name 'Orion', it could refer to their primarch, who is a giant of a man lol.

No problem it was an honest mistake.

FYI: Nice working with you from now on. :D

doctrine: seeing as how they are always on crusade and being apart from their chapter, each company has adopted their own doctrine. The doctrine could be associated to the name of each company like wolves lure their prey in or do ambush, bears stay on alter only to attack without notice, etc..

not sure as to how this could be done but overall what do you guys think of the idea?

How about a japanese themed army with the same concept and maybe name of the chapter.

here is the organization somefar:

1st “Kuma” Company-Brown- Daimyo

2nd “Okami” Company-Silver- Daimyo

3rd “Taka” Company-Red- Daimyo

4th “Tora” Company-Orange- Daimyo

5th “Karasu” Company-Black- Daimyo

6th “Mokin” Company-Green- Daimyo

7th “Shayu” Company- Grey- Daimyo

8th “Huli” Company-White- Daimyo

Chapter Master: Shogun

Captain: Daimyo

Librarian: Shisho

Sergeant: Gunso

Battle Brothers: Bushi

Scouts: Shuryo

Chaplain: Shisai

Have to think of names for the captain of each company. They are still fleet based on a crusade like we discussed early on this topic.

Sounds doable, but I’m not sure how Orion would relate to an Asia or Japanese themed army. The is the Orion manga by Masamune Shirow…actually its mix of magic and technology reminds me a lot of 40k. So, would the various companies represent the former feudal clans that may have existed prior to the coming of the Imperium?

Sounds doable, but I’m not sure how Orion would relate to an Asia or Japanese themed army. The is the Orion manga by Masamune Shirow…actually its mix of magic and technology reminds me a lot of 40k. So, would the various companies represent the former feudal clans that may have existed prior to the coming of the Imperium?

yeah, i know that the name does not fit into a Asian/Japanese themed army. i tired look up on some gods from japanese mythology and was thinking of changing it to, maybe, sons of izunagi? i guess we could have the various companies represent the former feudal clans that existed before the coming of the Imperium, just not sure how to do that yet.

P.S. i can'y seem to find the manga your talking about. Can you post a link by chance if you know the site? thanks!

yeah, i know that the name does not fit into a Asian/Japanese themed army. i tired look up on some gods from japanese mythology and was thinking of changing it to, maybe, sons of izunagi? i guess we could have the various companies represent the former feudal clans that existed before the coming of the Imperium, just not sure how to do that yet.

P.S. i can'y seem to find the manga your talking about. Can you post a link by chance if you know the site? thanks!

Orion is quite hard to find, even back in the time it was made. As a Massive Shirow fan, it is kinda like the holy Grail to me B) I haven't found it....yet.

However, another of his works "Black Magic:M66" also has Mecha and Magic in it, well the Manga has. The Anime focused on the Marionettes (the M-66 Robots)

A lot of the names in that series was Greek/Roman (Shirow has a "Thing" for Greek/Roman names and Mythology from what I've seen and heard)

If you want to go down the Japanese name route HERE is a list on Wiki of some of the names of Clan names from waaaaay back in Japanese History. Perhaps that may spark some inspiration?

Not much to go on, but I hope that's a start! :lol:

Archived