The Sons of =][=DELETED=][=

Ace Debonair

WARNING: The following Chapter should not be taken utterly seriously. Liberites looking to take a Chapter utterly seriously should not continue to read this thread.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The High Lords' Great Shame: The Sons of =][=DELETED=][=

"Oh. Oh, yes. I see. That is actually a rather serious mistake, isn't it?"- unknown former High Lord of Terra

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm.php?b62c=@hd3IG_i8y3o.iakk7@@@_@@@i6hFq@hnsaQ@@__@@@@.@@@.@@._._@@@@@@@@@@hCmX3hnsaQ@@@@@@@@@@@@_hnsaQ.&grid=TRUE

A Battle-Brother of The Sons of =I=DELETED=I=

Origins & History:

"Sometimes I think the High Lords of Terra cause as many problems as they solve. This is starting to look like one of those times." - Inquisitor Cela Ropplethwaite

The Origins of the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= are considered lost to time, space and mortal man. They simply seem to have appeared as though from nowhere in the midst of the Fourth Founding, and are a standard issue, mostly uninteresting, Codex-adherant Chapter.

However, careful research and assembling of thousands of tiny fragments of evidence would suggest the truth behind the birth of the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= are due to one of the biggest and most embarassing mistakes in the Imperium's history.

It seems that during the Fourth Founding, whilst drawing up the list of geneseeds to be used in the creation of the chapters, an un-named Magos made a small but vital error - stating geneseed was to be sourced from the XI Legion, The =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= rather than the IX Legion, the Blood Angels. The form is undoubtedly signed by one of the High Lords of Terra, who presumably also missed the numerical flaw nestled deeply amidst the complex forms.

With the signature on the document bestowing it the highest form of legality within the Imperium short of the Emperor's personal blessing, the resultant Chapter was, apparently created from the geneseed of the Primarch =][=DELETED=][=, tasked with the mission of defending the =][=DELETED=][= Sector in the Segmentum =][=DELETED=][= from Ork attack, and sent to claim a homeworld.

It was only with the advent of the Chapter's first geneseed tithe that the High Lords' attention was brought to the mistake. What happened next is recorded only in fragments of information mostly gleaned from ancient rumours and hearsay, but the limited evidence points to the High Lords (perhaps out of guilt for their mistake - though the truth may never be known) cutting a deal with the young Chapter - in exchange for never talking openly about their Primarch or Legion of origin, even under the threat of exterminatus or even if doing so would save the Imperium, the Chapter would simply be deleted by the Inquisiton - any reference to themselves or anything affiliated with the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= would be removed from all official records and never mentioned again under any circumstances.

Since the alternative was for the Chapter to be deleted by the Imperial Navy fleets that swarmed around their homeworld like heavily armed vultures, the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= cordially agreed to the High Lords' considerate offer.

To this day, the =][=DELETED=][= Sector is reportedly seldom under attack, even in a galaxy rife with warfare, and any xeno or traitor forces that venture in are apprently dealt with by either local PDF, lost in 'warp storms', or smashed by, apparently, civic-minded asteroids which are seemingly bent on the protection of Mankind.

Beliefs:

"Well I could tell you about that, Inquisitor, but then you'd have to kill me." - Chapter Master Edan Vane

'The =DELETED= Crusade

Perhaps the most defining victory of the Sons of =][=DELETED=][=, the =][=DELETED=][= Crusade was fought primarily against Orks invading the =][=DELETED=][= sector, home to the Forgeworld =][=DELETED=][=. The Sons of =][=DELETED=][= were able to destroy them after weeks of bitter combat by =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, which left the Orks demoralised and easy to take apart in a series isolated skirmishes across the sector. The momentum of the Crusade carried the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= into the neighbouring =][=DELETED=][= Sector, where battles with the Dark Eldar left the Chapter short of =][=DELETED=][=, forcing them to =][=DELETED=][= through more conventional means, until such time as the =][=DELETED=][= could be restored. Inquisitor Kafri Moto, who was tasked with monitoring the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= at the time, was 'left utterly speechless' by the dedication and valour shown by the Sons of =][=DELETED=][=.

The Sons of =][=DELETED=][= have seemingly inherited their Primarch's belief that =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=. Possibly as a result of this, marines spend much of their limited free time engaged in =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, leading to a =][=DELETED=][= mindest that clearly influences the Chapter's every action.

The Chapter looks at the Emperor as a great man, a true guardian of human-kind, who, they believe, shared in their Primarch's aspirations to =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, and a similar =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= for all of mankind, a belief that would be very controversial were the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= not bound by honour and their ancient accord with the High Lords to never discuss it with outsiders under any circumstances.

The relationship between other factions of the Imperium and the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= is an unusual one. Requests by the Chapter for more supplies are dealt with anonymously and with minimum fuss, shipped in quietly by forgeworlds throughout the Segmentum. The Inquisition keeps close tabs on the Chapter, although discreetly, and the Imperial Church keeps a respectable distance from them at all times, especially in light of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=.

Imperial Guard, Navy and of course other Astartes forces seldom encounter the Sons of =][=DELETED=][=. Those that do are often told that the Chapter's name and honours are presently being witheld as part of the terms of a long-term Penitent Crusade, and instead are referred to as =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= for the duration of any alliances.

Homeworld:

"It's... er... very average. Like, really, uh... nondescript. Why, what's your homeworld like?" - Captain Gralen VonBracht of the Sons of =][=DELETED=][=, talking to Captain Bravius of the Genesis Chapter

The Sons of =][=DELETED=][= took the planet of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, a =][=DELETED=][= world in the =][=DELETED=][= sector, as a homeworld. The people of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= are =][=DELETED=][= by nature, a quality that gives them a temperament that the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= value highly, stating that it is easier to teach a recruit combat skill than it is to teach a =][=DELETED=][= outlook.

The Chapter's Fortress Monastery, the =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, is a vast, ancient construction, occupying a prominent position on the =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=. A recruit's first trial is to reach the gates of the Fortress-Monastery unscathed, having passed through the =][=DELETED=][= and =][=DELETED=][= with a combination of courage, skill, and =][=DELETED=][=.

Organisation:

"It always surprised me that =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= wasn't in the Codex Astartes. I'm not entirely sure how the other Chapters wage warfare without it!" - Veteran Sergeant Victor Locksley

The Sons of =][=DELETED=][= are adherents to the Organisational doctrines suggested by the Codex Astartes, with the exception of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, a virtually unique practice that follows doctrines from the XI Legion itself. How the Chapter became aware of this is debatable, although some evidence suggests the Chapter's geneseed is capable of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, which has only prompted Inquisitors to monitor the Chatper more closely..

In fairness, the Chapter sees the wisdom in masquerading as purely codex-adherant when in the presence of other Astartes, a facade that has so far helped preserve the terms of their agreement with the High Lords and keep their origins from exposure.

Combat Doctrine:

"What's that face for? You look like you've never seen an Astartes =][=DELETED=][= an enemy before!" - Sergeant Harris Grey

Primarch =][=DELETED=][= was noted as a firm proponent of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= warfare, preferring to =][=DELETED=][= the enemy with =][=DELETED=][= and the use of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= where required.

His Sons have apparently inherited their father's ideals of warfare, frequently employing their =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= to =][=DELETED=][= the enemy in spectacular fashion. Although by no means is this their only method of bringing about the death of enemies, and the Chapter is more than capable of =][=DELETED=][= foes with all the standard tactics and doctrines common to Astartes.

Geneseed:

"This is the sacred, prized legacy we inherited from our Primarch... and a whole lot more trouble than it's worth." - Apothecary Armand Sinclair

As the Sons of =][=DELETED=][= descend from the Primarch =][=DELETED=][=, they inherit the XI Legion's geneseed and all it's distinctions. The =][=DELETED=][= Organ works somewhat erratically, and the =][=DELETED=][= barely functions, but much like their Primarch the Chapter has the distinctive traits of =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][= and of course =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=, the latter of which serves as an obvious visual indication of whose lineage they bear, at least to the few who study such things.

Battlecry:

=][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION=][=!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
So, there we have it. The Sons of =][=DELETED=][=.

What do you reckon, guys? Worth a read, or have I =][=DELETED=][= up again? :tongue:

EDIT:
=][=DELETED=][= those typos! GRAAAAARRRRGGHHHH!!! etc.

Edited by Ace Debonair

We may laugh all we want but what you have done is cute template that someone can use to make an instant chapter so to speak without to much fuss.

What made me laugh the most is the fact one of SM armies that comes to the club from time to time looks very similar to these guys and as far as I know that SM force has no name :P

Edited by Hrvat

The colour scheme is suitably horrendous.

I went with something nobody else was likely to steal.

What made me laugh the most is the fact one of SM armies that comes to the club from time to time looks very similar to these guys and as far as I know that SM force has no name :lol:

...Or so I thought. Drat! :lol:

We may laugh all we want but what you have done is cute template that someone can use to make an instant chapter so to speak without to much fuss.

...Wait, what? :blink:

Puzzled Liberite requests clarification!

Ace, this is either one of the best ideas I've read recently, or the best joke on the forum. It fits perfectly in the universe, minus the threats for mindwiping and retasking as a servitor, and I can't stop chuckling. This is a very good piece of work, thanks for sharing.

What made me laugh the most is the fact one of SM armies that comes to the club from time to time looks very similar to these guys and as far as I know that SM force has no name :cuss

...Or so I thought. Drat! :lol:

...Wait, what? :cuss

This article is a great template for an instant Index Astartes. A J.D. can just replace =][=DELETED=][= with their own information and viola they have an IA article.

Oh the fantastic irony of Ace's first complete chapter being these guys is delicious! Excellently done sir! Still, looks a bit to complete and filled in for one of yours, you sure you didn't steal this from somewhere? :cuss

I kid! Well done Ace!

EDIT: I suggest you make it even more official looking by wrapping each instance of =][=DELETED=][= in spoiler tags, so it looks like a redacted document. It would be a ton of BBCoding, but it would look so cool!

EDIT: EDIT: Having not read your intro at the start of this, I am not ashamed to admit that I made it through the entire Origins section before clueing in on the joke :cuss

Edited by Shinzaren

A recruit's first trial is to reach the gates of the Fortress-Monastery unscathed, having passed through the =][=DELETED=][= and =][=DELETED=][= with a combination of courage, skill, and =][=DELETED=][=.

On second read I spotted this one.

I soooooooooooooooooo need to know what the last =][=DELETED=][= is!!!!!!!

This article is a great template for an instant Index Astartes. A J.D. can just replace =][=DELETED=][= with their own information and viola they have an IA article.

So long as they don't mind their chapter being a mistake, sure why not. :lol:

I will admit to keeping it vague so hopefully it works with everyone's own personal XI legion, though!

I think we've found the next addition to the Guide to DIYing. I hereby motion for it's inclusion.

Wow. Really?

I'm pleased that you're that impressed by it, but where would it even fit into the DIY guide?

Oh the fantastic irony of Ace's first complete chapter being these guys is delicious! Excellently done sir! Still, looks a bit to complete and filled in for one of yours, you sure you didn't steal this from somewhere? :P

Oh snap! Take that, Ac- wait a second. :lol:

Anyway, half the IA was =][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION =][=, so it was much easier than you might think!

EDIT: I suggest you make it even more official looking by wrapping each instance of =][=DELETED=][= in spoiler tags, so it looks like a redacted document. It would be a ton of BBCoding, but it would look so cool!

Haha. yeah.

It'd be annoying to read though, 'cause you'd have to highlight the whole IA to make sure you weren't missing anything, then be disappointed when all the spoilers say the same thing and are pointless.

EDIT: EDIT: Having not read your intro at the start of this, I am not ashamed to admit that I made it through the entire Origins section before clueing in on the joke :D

That's fine. A true son of Dorn knows introductions are for Ultramarines anyway.

I soooooooooooooooooo need to know what the last =][=DELETED=][= is!!!!!!!

It's

=][=DELETED BY THE INQUISITION =][=(Thanks for the idea, Shinzaren - turns out the orange colour is visible through the spoilers though)

Ace, screw the serious stuff and do us a run of these.

Pure class.

I'm confused, perplexed, and bewildered. It doesn't take much, does it?

Anyway, what do you mean by 'a run of these?'

On another note, I'm glad everyone likes the Sons of =][=DELETED=][=, and my thanks to everyone who's read this IA! ^_^

What I mean is, if you some of Origins, you've got the basic framework of an IA. For example:

The High Lords' Great Shame: The Sons of =][=DELETED=][=

"They shall be purified of their lesser names!"- The Lord Purinator

[captionright=A Battle-Brother of Purifiershttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm.php?b62c=@hd3IG_i8y3o.iakk7@@@_@@@i6hFq@hnsaQ@@__@@@@.@@@.@@._._@@@@@@@@@@hCmX3hnsaQ@@@@@@@@@@@@_hnsaQ.&grid=TRUE[/captionright]

Origins & History:

"Purity is a lie." - Lord Captain Haas

The Origins of the Purifiers are relatively well-known and understood. They appeared in the midst of the Fourth Founding, and are a strange, highly zealous, Codex-divergent Chapter.

It seems that during the Fourth Founding, whilst drawing up the list of geneseeds to be used in the creation of the chapters, an un-named Magos declared the geneseed was to be sourced from the Imperial Fists. The form is undoubtedly signed by one of the High Lords of Terra, and the Purifiers thus came into existence.

With the signature on the document bestowing it the highest form of legality within the Imperium short of the Emperor's personal blessing, the resultant Chapter was, apparently created from the geneseed of the Primarch Dorn, tasked with the mission of defending the Purificator Sector in the Segmentum Obscurus from Ork attack, and sent to claim a homeworld.

Beliefs:

"They are all impure. Purge them. - Chapter Master Defaeco Vesica

The Purifiers have seemingly inherited their Primarch's belief that pain causes purity, though slightly altered. Possibly as a result of this, marines spend much of their limited free time engaged in prayer and purifying rituals, leading to a fanatical mindest that clearly influences the Chapter's every action.

The Chapter looks at the Emperor as a mighty deity, a true guardian of human-kind, who, they believe, shared in their Primarch's aspirations to unite humanity, and purity for all of mankind, a belief that causes many problems in relations with other organizations, which is why they often work alone.

The relationship between other factions of the Imperium and the Purifiers is an unusual one. Requests by the Chapter for more supplies are dealt with by particularly devout Forge Worlds after intense negotiations. The excessively Puritan members of the Inquisition work well with them, and the Imperial Church often requests their assistance, given their nature.

Imperial Guard, Navy and of course other Astartes forces seldom intentionally encounter the Purifiers. Those that do are often told that they must undergo a purging of their ranks, and, if they are found wanting, are sent on a Penitent Crusade. For this reason, most forces stay as far away as possible, as they never know when they may be turned on for their impurities.

Homeworld:

"It has been purged, and is now a bastion of light, a city on a hill(Who can get the reference?)" - The Lord Purinator

The Purifiers took the Space Hulk "Hell's Door, a smaller mass of ships often found in the Delthan sector as well as the Ortoc sector, as a base of operations. The people of the hulk are the purest men and women found by the chapter, and are staunchly loyal to the Purifiers and the Emperor, a quality the Purifiers value highly, stating that it is easier to teach a recruit combat skill than it is to gain the loyalty and ensure the purity of an outsider.

The Chapter's Fortress Monastery, the Marble Spire, is a vast, ancient construction, occupying a prominent position on the hulk. A recruit's first trial is to reach the gates of the Fortress-Monastery unscathed, having passed through the airlocks on the starboard section of the ship after being given the general direction of the monastery. Training is also conducted onboard, with each successive group of recruits purging a greater area of the Space Hulk.

Organisation:

"There is but one path to purity" - Captain Vinco Desica

The Purifiers are a highly codex-divergent chapter, as they claim their method is the best-suited way to go about their monumental task. The chapter is composed of a single body of troops, from which smaller portions will be detached after a period of intense prayer, in which members of the chapter will be granted a vision, and sent to the world in need of aid along with the other marines who have been gifted with the Emperor's light.

Combat Doctrine:

"Purifiers! Cleanse and burn!" - Sergeant Broul

Primarch Dorn was a strong proponent of siege warfare, and was sent to Terra to build a mighty fortress because of this. The Purifiers have not inherited their father's ideals of warfare, frequently employing mass charges and brutal close quarters engagements to annihilate the enemy in a holy fashion. Although by no means is this their only method of bringing about the death of enemies, and the Chapter is more than capable of destroying foes with all the standard tactics and doctrines common to Astartes, though with lesser skill.

Geneseed:

"This is the sacred, prized legacy we inherited from our Primarch, who gained it from the most pure of all." - Apothecary Doclan

As the Purifers are descended from the Primarch Dorn, they inherit the XI Legion's geneseed and all it's distinctions. The Betcher's Gland has been removed, and the Sus'an membrane has disappeared, but much like their Primarch the Chapter has the distinctive traits of truthfulness and of course an unhealthy stubborness, the latter of which serves as an obvious indication of whose lineage they bear, at least to those who can manage to enter a conversation.

Battlecry:

They shall be Purified of their lesser name!

What I mean is, if you =][=DELETED=][= some of Origins, you've got the basic framework of an IA. For example:

See what I did there?

I get what you were driving at.

...Wait, you're trying to tell me the Purifiers don't have white armour? :lol:

Also:

"This is the sacred, prized legacy we inherited from our Primarch, who gained it from the most pure of all." - Apothecary Doclan

As the Purifers are descended from the Primarch Dorn, they inherit the XI Legion's geneseed and all it's distinctions. The Betcher's Gland has been removed, and the Sus'an membrane has disappeared, but much like their Primarch the Chapter has the distinctive traits of truthfulness and of course an unhealthy stubborness, the latter of which serves as an obvious indication of whose lineage they bear, at least to those who can manage to enter a conversation.

Purination required! :lol:

Edited by Ace Debonair

What, you expect me to actually put there scheme in there? :P

And Purifers was intentional. You see, it's a rare word, not found in most dictionaries, that refers to the process of discarding small blocks of cheese from a pre-bought appetizer set, usually through the use of a cow, three horses, and a donkey, not to be confused with a mule.

Now I suddenly feel the need to write a longer IA for the Purifiers, as well as a longer bio for the Lord Purinator...

Cheers, Lysimachus. :RTBBB:

What, you expect me to actually put there scheme in there? :huh:

And Purifers was intentional. You see, it's a rare word, not found in most dictionaries, that refers to the process of discarding small blocks of cheese from a pre-bought appetizer set, usually through the use of a cow, three horses, and a donkey, not to be confused with a mule.

Now I suddenly feel the need to write a longer IA for the Purifiers, as well as a longer bio for the Lord Purinator...

I meant you had it so as sons of Dorn they had the geneseed from a missing legion. :)

Also:

That's what The Purifiers look like. ;)

EDIT:

No, that's the Ghost Dragons. I always mix those two up!

It means do more amusing, and well thought out, IAs :)

I only had the one idea, though. Surely it's someone else's turn now?

...Wait a second, are you saying my other IA's are badly thought out?

I'll have you know that-

Actually, you've got me bang to rights there. Drat.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Hmmm...

Due to an unfortunate conflict with Nemesis, in which they managed to board the Space Hulk and nearly gain control, the Purifiers' supply of purple paint was destroyed. From then on, they used a fully white scheme with black detailing, which can be found in volume "Desktope" of the tome "Seemid Computicus".

The purifiers can't look like that!!! That's my Chapter without the company markings xD

Ooops, my mistake. :D

It's the similar names. I keep confusing the two! :eek

CMID; are you sure about the black and white?

'Cause black and white makes a really naff colourscheme in my estimation.

Either way, give me a shout when you need a new scheme for the Purinator Crusade and I'll see what I can rustle up.

-=-=-=-=-=

I was considering a sidebar for the SoD talking about their views on the codex, and why they're more or less cool with it.

What d'you guys reckon? Worth the hassle?

For that matter, anyone got any C&C for the above IA?

I refuse to believe I've nailed it on the first go with the one IA I wasn't trying to do so with. :yuck: