The Host of Worms

notsoevil

I've been keeping mirror plog on Papa Nurgle and Heresy Online. But since a couple friends have turned me on to the power-armored goodness that is B&C, I figured I might keep it up here as well.

I'm not going to duplicate all the previous entries from the other forums, so I'll start with just the most recent pieces that are actually getting paint at the moment.

As a bit of setup, first the little bit of fluff I've started with (mostly names):

I'm new to 40k (I've yet to play even a demo of 5th edition), but have been a long time fan of Nurgle. I'm not going Deathguard simply because I want the greatest range of models/vehicles to convert.

The Host of Worms (aka The Host).

Complete with my own insignia:

http://hostofworms.com/HoWsmall.png

Chaos Lord (or Daemon Prince himself, not sure yet, but master of The Host): Mathas Skolik, the Infested

Daemon Prince: Lumbricus, The Bloated

Daemon Prince: Omunyongororwa, Sower of Maggots

Great Unclean One: Uod, the Grubfather

Patron God (unmodelled of course): Shallagia, Goat Mother of a Thousand Worms, Bride of Nurgle, Nursemaiden of Woe

PIP-wise, I'm just about wrapped up with Uod, the Grubfather:

photo%2520%25286%2529.JPG

Next PIP is Lumbricus, the Bloated:

photo%25201-4.JPG

photo%25203-3.JPG

I also have 7 Nurgle Terminators that have just finished being converted. I'll post them as a follow-up soon.

Eventually I plan to write up a full IA for these guys in preparation for a campaign a couple of friends and I are starting at the end of January.

Thanks wokkers!

Finished up the conversion work on these Terminators last night:

IMG_0508.JPGIMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0511.JPGIMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPGIMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPGIMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0519.JPGIMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0521.JPGIMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0523.JPGIMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

4 Combi-Plasma w/ Power Scythes

1 Combi-Plasma w/ Chainfist

1 Heavy Flamer w/ Chainfist

2 Lightning Claws on Champ

Nice.

You need to do something about the aqulla on the chest.

Hmm, looks like I missed defiling one of them. Most are scratched, claw marked or filed off.

Not sure though .. something eerie about that one being unscuffed. I may just leave it.

Thanks for all the compliments. These guys are getting painted next (the Daemon Prince is almost done and just need to seal the GUO).

Conversion next on deck are my Plague Marines.

These guys are awesome, enough said. *subscribed*

Can't wait to see more, and perhaps some with a lick of paint!

Having just started a Death Guard force and accompanying blog here on B+C, I may well be pinching some ideas for those lovely Terminators you've got there. Assuming you don't mind, of course!

And I'd like to say, nice usage of the Ultraforge models. I myself have been planning on getting the three Nurgle Daemon Princes they sculpt.

I wonder if you could answer, how tall is you're Uod, Grubfather? I've been wondering about using him in Apocalypse as a counts-as Scabbethrax (or however the hell you spell it). Do you think he'd be an OK proxy purely based upon his size?

Many thanks in advance.

I wonder if you could answer, how tall is you're Uod, Grubfather? I've been wondering about using him in Apocalypse as a counts-as Scabbethrax (or however the hell you spell it). Do you think he'd be an OK proxy purely based upon his size?

He's definitely not as big as the Forge World GUO, but he's hefty. Pretty much fills up an entire 60mm base. This isn't my pic, but is a scale shot with him:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/lorax_01/nurgle/otherGUO0001.jpg

Although I'm not a fan of the WWI gas mask look I do think these look pretty good. Keep going notso. ;)

Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you. Long time no see btw! :)

I like your work, especially the heads, well done. For me the last termi's head feels out of synch as it isn't as well defined compared to others.

I see what you mean, but my intention was that he has a half-leather hood, and the worms are essentially his other half of the hood, with one goggle sticking out.

Due to all the praise these guys are getting, I'm totally stoked to start painting them. Hopefully I don't screw them up.

This thread should have a disclaimer.

Those tentacles are disgusting.

I've always wanted to start a nurgle warband, but now I'm not sure I'm got the stomach for it.

Excuse me while I go and hurl...

I see what you mean, but my intention was that he has a half-leather hood, and the worms are essentially his other half of the hood, with one goggle sticking out.

As someone who's been lucky enough to see these guys "grow up," so to speak, I can vouch for the fact that this comes across in person - it looks like the worms are actively wriggling around all over his face, under the hood, with single goggle peeking through the mask. It's a sight.

Glad to see you finally got these guys up on the B&C, nse!

Archived