immobile Walkers

G. A. K.

I think I may be in the minority on this one but I thought of asking the community anyway.

The BRB states that a vehicle that is immobilized can't move or turn but can turn its turrets to shoot the enemy. While in the wlaker section it states that in the shooting phase a walker can pivot on the spot to angle its weapons at the enemy and this doesn't count as moving.

I figure this is in reference to the way a walker has a swivle mount in its torso effectivly making the upper part of the vehicle a turret. But should walkers be able to turn toward the enemy even if its immoble? I see no reason why not; as losing the ability to move ones legs doesn't stop you from pivotting with your torso. Its a little bit of a strech but I could see it going either way as the exact wording uses different terms in the rules ie. turning vs. pivotting almost the same thing but not quite. I don't see a problem using it one way or the other but i think walkers are different enough from a regular vehicle that they should indeed gain this small advantage.

G

Also debated here.

reference to the way a walker has a swivle mount in its torso effectivly making the upper part of the vehicle a turret

Remember, fluff does not equal rules. No walkers have turret mounted weapons (yet). Also, many walkers cannot swivel on their torso in a fluff sense (Warwalkers, Deff Dreads, Kans, Penitent Engines, Soul Grinders, Triarch Stalkers, OOP Sentinels and Dreadnoughts) so any argument for it is purely bias towards your chosen army.

Yes please refer to previously discussed topics.

But Seahawk has the right of it: Dreads are not stated to have turrets so can't swivel their weapons in the same way as an immobilised turreted tank I'm afraid.

gallery_26_548_17134.jpg

Cheers

I

Archived