HellHunter's LPC 2012 WIP

HellHunter

I, HellHunter of the Dornian Heresy Death Guard, of the Liber Astartes, vow on the honour of my Chapter Legion to paint and present at least two five-man squads of assault marines and one five man squad of scouts on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Alright, this is my first LPC so I tried to keep it fairly simple on me :)

I know that the Dornian Heresy Death Guard IA isn't up but I loved the idea of the DH and there is just that certain something about the Death Guard that I like...

My Scouts

gallery_46975_6805_162285.jpg

gallery_46975_6805_43182.jpg

Assault Squad 1

gallery_46975_6805_5852.jpg

gallery_46975_6805_21820.jpg

and Assault Squad 2

gallery_46975_6805_147576.jpg

gallery_46975_6805_230911.jpg

I'll have to clean up the mold lines on the scouts before I start them and the assault squads are almost ready to be primed.

Since this is the DH DG I'm gonna keep the paint scheme fairly close to the original pre heresy DG with a slight modification. I hope ya'll forgive me for jumping the gun on this! :lol:

Apart from the mold lines it's all looking pretty nice. Just one small detail as for the scout in the first picture- a gun with a magazine doesn't need a sliding grip- the grip is essentially for loading a new shell into the chamber, which a magazine does (in short) all by itself.

Alright, I spent some time getting the mold lines shaved off; should have some pics later today.

They could be from the year M41... in the Dornian Heresy universe. That'd explain the more 'modern' plate.

Aye that is the plan. I intended for them to be from M41. I am actually in the process of doing the rest of my army in DH DG.

Just one small detail as for the scout in the first picture- a gun with a magazine doesn't need a sliding grip- the grip is essentially for loading a new shell into the chamber, which a magazine does (in short) all by itself.

Well, technically there were some shotguns used by the military that were modified to use ammo extenders that were like clips. Other than that, I thought it looked neat :mellow:

But anyway, pics soon!

Well, technically there were some shotguns used by the military that were modified to use ammo extenders that were like clips.

Touché!

Sounds both strange and interesting. Any chance of a link/pic? I can't find anything on my part. Sorry for the threadjacking, but this got me sorta hooked.

As promised some updates of an assault squad member...

gallery_46975_6805_42117.jpg

gallery_46975_6805_14616.jpg

gallery_46975_6805_195368.jpg

clearly not quite finished..I noticed some damnable mold lines I didn't see before. Plus I need to redo the eye and add some more detail.

Sounds both strange and interesting. Any chance of a link/pic? I can't find anything on my part. Sorry for the threadjacking, but this got me sorta hooked.

Here's one example

Turkish Magazine Fed Shotgun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived