vonny's LPC challenge

vonny

I have pledged to paint a full squad of lamenters and a thousand sons sorceror and Ahriman for my LPC.

sol, first off, I guess I should post a starting point:

gallery_57765_6830_846780.jpg

This is where the lamenters were. And have been for a while, now, actually. Haven't worked on them in a long time.

gallery_57765_6830_767080.jpg

Isn't he cute? Ahriman still has a letter code instead of a price tag on his blister, because I've had him for soooooo long.

So. That's what I'll be working on. To what standard they will be made can be seen in my wip logs on both army, as seen in my signature.

thank you both for your compliments.

Tanith ghost - I actually hadn't thoughtof it yet, as I quite like Ahriman as he is. Not sure where the spellcasting would have to happen either, but I'll think on it a bit

Good luck with the painting challenge Vonny. You do beautiful work, but I know how long it takes for you painting. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the challenge. Tactical squad 3 are nicely posed already. I'm particularly fond of the flamer marine. I know it is a simple conversion but it is quite effective (and harks back to the old metal 2nd ed flamer marine).

• 5 weeks later...

so, here it is, februari already, and not that much progress.

gallery_57765_6830_242677.jpg

I've managed to put enough layers of Iyanden darksun on the marines to have their base coat colors ready to be highlighted, and I've assembled Ahriman.

However, due to the temperatures outside being well below sub-zero for a while now, I've been unable to spray undercoat on them there, and I'm not very fond of the idea ofcreating a well-ventilated area inside right now... brr!

So, the progress on my thousand sons is halted, and my motivation for the boys in yellow is wavering, and my borthday presents threaten to take my attention instead... it feels like a bad movie trailer. "will she be able to keep focus, and finish her challenge it in time? coming soon, to a cinema near you!"

• 4 weeks later...

well, finally the weather let up, and I got the two thousand sons nearly done as a result. They just need a bit of green, pink, and some snow on their bases, and they'd be ready!

You can see that here:

gallery_57765_6830_271870.jpg

The lamenters are still going slow, but a bit more steady now. I'm almost done with the yellow, as can be seen in the next picture (though one snuck off and refused to have his photo taken - I later found out he had been hiding behind my coffee mug). Still lots to go on them.

gallery_57765_6830_160691.jpg

I'd make an image with all the colors to still be added here too, but you wouldn't see any figures anymore. browns, whites, greys, metals, red, more brown, more yellow, more black...

Very nice work so far!

The Lamenters are looking good. A very nice colour you've got on them.

And, as a huge fan of the sons of the Crimson King, I love your Ahriman and sorceror. Looking forward to seeing them completed.

• 3 weeks later...

The two thousand sons are finished:

gallery_57765_6699_144350.jpg

The Lamenters are coming along nicely. I love it when they start to get some color and go out of the monochromatic range. Still unsure if I can finish them, though I've made good progress the past few days.

gallery_57765_6830_219091.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And the 2nd part is done as well!

gallery_57765_6830_116401.jpg

sorry for the crappy photo, it's late and I don't have proper lighting. I'll make a better one soon and post it in my lamenters topic. And on that one you can actually see that I've painted the eyes red and all that jazz.

However, with 10 finished lamenters on here, and the two finished thousand sons in an earlier picture (see my previous post), it means...

I FINISHED MY PAINTING CHALLENGE!

yay!

Congratulations! The Thousand Sons look amazing but I have to admit being even more impressed with the Lamenters. Yellow scares me but they turned out great. Is that orange I see in some of the recesses on the backpacks?

Archived