[LPC] 2012 vow: Warhound Titan

Seahawk

So I decided to do a Warhound for the LPC...I must be crazy!

Still, I'm gonna do it. I acquired it from my friend at 1/5 the normal cash cost, so I'm not going to complain too much. This is the condition I got it in:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4353.jpg

I plan on completely redoing the paint scheme and, well, finish building it! One thing at a time, the next thing to do are the pistons.

Good luck Seahawk! This is indeed a very brave and insane thing to do with such time constraints! Can't wait to see the finished product! Again best of luck!
Especially considering I have commission work that needs to get done too! ;)

Good luck Seahawk! This is indeed a very brave and insane thing to do with such time constraints! Can't wait to see the finished product! Again best of luck!

Especially considering I have commission work that needs to get done too! :lol:

Well, commission = money. LPC = Glory. Is there a contest? :lol:

Well I must say Seahawk you have gone nuts! :whistling: Best of luck in this endeavour! Will the colour scheme you paint be similar to the current one, or are you planning on making a drastically different paintjob? :devil:

Also, I propose this Titan should be blessed as "Maneo Martis", meaning "Enduring Spirit". I think it's appropriate for this great undertaking you have tasked yourself with. :D

Best of luck brother!

Cambrius

Well I must say Seahawk you have gone nuts! :whistling: Best of luck in this endeavour! Will the colour scheme you paint be similar to the current one, or are you planning on making a drastically different paintjob? :devil:
Completely different. I'm pretty much settling on the War Griffons titan legion at this point.

From the sound of adding the pistons, you actually have all of the parts, rather than that being all you got?
I have everything but the crew that goes in the cockpit (have the command chair though! haha). I think this will be fine, as I'll most likely glue down the top of it anyway. It's a little warped, and my efforts to fix it got it mostly there, with the only other fix available is gluing in place. The rear compartment in the main body is all there, so I'll leave that as detachable for viewing at least. My friend has a couple months to find the bits, but if they don't turn up I'm not worried...like I said, $100 for a full on Titan, with most of the hardest work done and some additional converting completed? Yes please!

Don't expect any updates this week, as I'm prepping for a WHFB tournament this weekend and I still need to complete some of my Tomb Kings first :D

So I managed to sneak in an update anyway! :lol: Not too much, just sprayed the legs grey; a good start. I wanted to get it done before the temperature drops 40 degrees tonight, as this will give me plenty to work on for a while by itself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4356.jpg

As you can see, that there upper body detaches! My friend had another mutual friend do some conversion work involving moving parts; the hips were one and the guns were the other. I'm going to leave the upper body detachable, since it'll make it much easier for transport and also will be cool to have (nobody else's titan will have quality hip action!). Because I want to attach all the gubbins, unfortunately I'm going to have to solidify the guns' placement at some point though. This doesn't bother me anyway, as the screws that stick up through the shoulders look ugly compared to the little plates that go on top there. Plus it makes it great for painting! I also managed to detach the cockpit (wasn't glued strongly), so I can either reposition it or, if I'm feeling particularly cheeky, magnetizing it so it can stick in multiple positions. Dunno yet, we'll see. One (titanic) step at a time!

Ah brother Seahawk will come through. We are Ultramarines, we never fail! We will bring glory to Ultramar!

I have one word for you - Calth :)

Anyway on topic,

This is a very brave undertaking and though it ill behooves me to wish an Ultramarine well (Glory-hogging Cerulean robots ;) ) I must say that I truly hope you succeed here as I think this has a good chance of becoming something stupendous to behold :)

Looking forward to the next update :)

Good news! My friend found his cockpit crew and I'll be able to paint them and stick them in the cockpit! All parts are now accounted for.

Bad news! I'll have to put in more time to paint them, the cockpit, and magnetize the top armor so it can be removed for viewing.

Still, happy to have those parts soon in hand.

Hey Seahawk, it is always nice to see more titans around! What are you using to glue it? If you're not already using one I'd suggest a 2 part epoxy, will be much stronger than super glue or anything. I would also suggest to pin those parts you don#t intend to move. Let the god machines walk!

Good news! My friend found his cockpit crew and I'll be able to paint them and stick them in the cockpit! All parts are now accounted for.

Bad news! I'll have to put in more time to paint them, the cockpit, and magnetize the top armor so it can be removed for viewing.

Still, happy to have those parts soon in hand.

Congrats!

It will just make it that much cooler man. Cant wait to see it. :(

My god, what a good deal on getting the Titan. It will be a monumental task to get it completed in only a few months, but if you pull it off, the result will no doubt be awe-inspiring. Best of luck on your vow, I can't wait for more updates.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updates! Finally! I've finished the grey armored parts; last will be the yellow parts most likely.

21 days. Cutting it close? Naaa...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4613.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4614.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4617.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4618.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/veritas117/100_4619.jpg

I've never seen a Warhound Titan in the flesh, er metal....resin (whatever :lol: ) How big is it? It looks huge!

I wish I'd kept all my EPIC stuff now :P

Archived