Glad you like him guys, yes as his moniker indicates he is a very bad man indeed :P (all in the name of the Emperor of course!)

@ death given form - the axe head is from Astorath the Grim - I did want to keep the spine haft but lost it much too my disappointment!

@ DK2K - the mask? If you mean the severed head at his waist I think it is from an Ork kit of some sort. Or if you mean Valek's head (it is kind of a flesh mask as you can see his bare skull at the back of his head!) that is a FW Worldeater Terminator head. Oh, and his knee pad is repositioned Sanguinary Guard item ;)

@ Bio, yup that film is crazy bad, which actually makes it awesome! I remember it came out the year I left school (showing my age here....)

Thanks for all the positive comments, hopefully my Daemon Prince, er, I mean Mephiston, will be as good :)

Cheers

Ah, excellent. Thanks. I tell ya what, if I pick up an Astorath for the blade, do you want the haft? I'll have no use for it.

such badassery of epic proportions in this thread! you Sir are a genius! i think all your work is absolutely amazing and cant wait to see more... thanks for the inspiration as i have a whole army of assembled/undercoated models that are crying out to be painted and now i just got the idea to sit down and get some of them painted... thanks so much! also wanted to wish you a very merry Xmas!

good luck mate

kanan

I like the Bane helm/mask more than the bare head. It has a certain menacing quality. As Mephy, you could sell it as a sort of self imposed muzzling, and it creates a helluva mental image to think of him submitting to rage and tearing it off with the need chomp on an exposed throat. :HQ:

But the skull cloaks :cry:

A little extra thinking outside of the box would be worth the end result I think. Either that, or they've been fighting Ogryns for a while.

Edited by Firepower

you left me speechless...these are the best minis I have ever seen of Sanguinius's bloodline! You have to keep going mate, this is truly an army worth of the golden daemon and if not that then the armies on parade! You are just awesome keep them coming!

- ColdWinter

I like the Bane helm/mask more than the bare head. It has a certain menacing quality. As Mephy, you could sell it as a sort of self imposed muzzling, and it creates a helluva mental image to think of him submitting to rage and tearing it off with the need chomp on an exposed throat. :HQ:

But the skull cloaks :ermm:

A little extra thinking outside of the box would be worth the end result I think. Either that, or they've been fighting Ogryns for a while.

Many thanks guys :lol: I do like your thinking over the Bane mask, Firepower, as I want to love it and I have 'beefed' him up to match the scale of it (it is a similar size to those skulls you hate lol) and that would cetainly fit. Re the Skulls I will have a think and see what I can come up with; liquid greenstuff is an option or maybe some smaller skulls. Ideas? :huh:

Re the Skulls I will have a think and see what I can come up with; liquid greenstuff is an option or maybe some smaller skulls. Ideas? :HQ:

Off the top of my head, Kroot have a lot of bitz that are chunks of meat, rags with bones hanging out and the like. If you're willing to go full on butchershop, things like that mixed with some patchwork or ragged, random patches along the cape to resemble skin...and perhaps keeping some of the smaller skulls. I wouldn't do the skin idea so much like Fabius Bile where everything sews together, but rather just some random patches here and there.

Liquid greenstuff will work too, but would be kind of plain by comparison. Someone else here on BnC did as much with their Ltd Chaplain (which I'm really starting to wish I had one of myself :ermm: ) but I don't remember what thread it was in.

If you're feeling really ambitious you could go for making chainmail segments in it. It's essentially a matter of making a divot, laying in a sheet of GS to fill it, and then poking lines of holes (angled slightly downward) into it with a toothpick. This is not something ou could likely do with liquid GS though.

If I think of anything better I'll be sure to let you know. :lol:

I actually like the bane mask on this guy better, only thing is he has too many drapes. :) Switch out for some chain mail :D come on, you're practically baddies. :)

For the cape, it's the top skulls that are throwing it off, I have them as well and they are slightly larger than the jawless/screaming skulls. I don't think it looks bad though. Also I have some of the flesh strips that the WHFB Marauders come with, those could be an option? Or the Dark Eldar kits have some interesting bits on their belts, including a hand and a foot :)

Merry Christmas buddy. Best wishes to you and yours.

LPC 2013 - Vow

I, Midnight Runner, of the most feared Flesh Eaters, successor Chapter of the Blood Angels subforum, vow on the honour of my Primarch and Chapter to paint and present at least 1 off Furioso Dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02900_zpscd5c91a0.jpg

I will update my LPC on this thread. It only seems a small vow but its my first ever, and my general slow pace of painting and lack of free time means it is plenty for me!! Re Mephiston - He isn't part of the LPC (yet) as I don't want to bite off more than I can chew :D

Firepower you will be pleased to know I have removed the giant craniums form the cloak but have not replaced them with anything yet. It is pretty butchered underneath and I will go for some sort of flayed skin/skull/chain combo as that seems to be a combination of the best ideas. But it needs some work now!

Biohazard, the Bane mask seems to be the fave so it is staying :D and thanks for the ideas, some solid ones there - I shall take a look.

ColdWinter that was the very cloak that inspired Valek's, but alas to is a bit tricky to remove.

Thanks for the comments and ideas as ever guys, all are appreciated. As an aside, Santa dropped me off some Sniper Scouts and Devastators, so expect them to figure soon. Righto, I am off to primer the big man :)

Edited by Midnight Runner

Wow! What an entry for the LPC!!! You are a very talented painter Midnight Runner - I can't wait to see your finished work on this Furioso... By the Emperor it looks scary and awesome at the same time!

Good luck mate! :P

Edited by Captain Semper

Good luck with your vow, and such a nice model. I really love that Forge World Ultramarine's Venerable Dreadnought. Such a great model, and you've really made it shine in your special way. Looking forward to this!

Nice way to start the New Year with a bang. And an ambitious start with the LPC vow. I can't wait to see that dread all gored-up FE style. And you're Meph is looking quite bad ass with that DV convert from the Chaplain. I also think the Bane style mask if fitting for the lord of death. I can imagine red bat wings being conjured to aid him to fly. Like Firepower said Kroot do have lots of meat, and trophy hooks to use. And with the skull cape, liked it on Valek, but on Meph its too much to have multiple with the same thing. What about scraping off the DA symbol, and mounting these onto his back and paint it looking like its ethereal magic in the form of bloody bat wings. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

As always, thanks guys :thumbsup: Meph is on hold at the moment until I get some bitz sorted definitly trying something different to Valek, but at the moment this guy has my attention:-

LPC Update 1

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02923_zps41cf3a76.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02924_zps7e32ddb1.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC02925_zps92869f04.jpg

Not much done as you can see, just some (messy) base coating. The bright silver wings and details will be gold (same technique used on Valek). Lots more to do, starting to wish I didn't put so much detail on him now!

Hey man cheers, yep pretty much just 4 Gryphone Sepia washes over the Chainmail basecoat. Easiest gold ever! I do tend to re-add a Chainmail highlight, and perhaps a glaze to give it some more depth. Oh and I use the new Sotek Green for some verdigris.

:thanks: