The Word Bearers 18th Chapter

Castiel

Hello everyone!

This is the thread for my LPC Vow, where I will be posting my progress in completing my vow. I hope to begin work this weekend when I get back to my models in Edinburgh, so I hope to post the first update (with photos!) then!

I have pledged to complete the following:

Seltharis the Ordained

Chaos Sorceror in Terminator Armour

The 2nd Coterie known as "The Preachers"

10 CSM with Asp Champ, IoCG and melta

And

The 5th Coterie known as "The Blood Prophets"

10 CSM with Asp Champ and IoK

I collect Word Bearers (you may have guessed! ;)) The paints I use are Mechrite Red for the armour, Chainmail for the trims, Boltgun metal for the gun and armour joints, Chaos Black for the gun casing, can't remember Khemri Brown followed by Bleached Bone for the horns, Shining Gold for decoration and shiny bits and Ice Blue for the eyes. I then wash the miniature with Badab Black.

I hope you enjoy seeing my work, and I look forward to reading your C&C and being hounded for updates (which will probably always be late)!

For Lorgar, and the glory of the Chaos Ascendant Subforum!

Castiel

EDIT: Told a lie. its been corrected! I'm using Khemri Brown,not dehneb stone!

No worries on my end. I'm still at that stage where basecoat+wash is where I stop painting. :lol:

Definately interested in how they turn out with those colors. I'm going to try to paint up some Word Bearers this weekend myself...

Just so you all don't get too excited, the first pics will just be of the models basecoated, nothing too fancy! :)

Right, here is the first WIP update for my LPC Vow. I present for your perusal Sorceror Seltharis and the 2nd and 5th Coteries of the Word Bearers 18th Grand Host!

Sorceror Seltharis:

gallery_62151_6867_677269.jpg

2nd Coterie:

gallery_62151_6867_112476.jpg

5th Coterie:

gallery_62151_6867_849262.jpg

Next job is painting the armour and weapons.

Let me know what you think and if you want anymore pictures!

Castiel

You were warned!

I have a lord in Termi armour that I'm using for a Dark Apostle. I'll maybe put up a picture of him later on.

In other news, Seltharis is midway throught the painting process, and the 5th coterie banner bearer is almost finished, more pics soon!

• 3 weeks later...
My photos suffer from the same thing. My advice is to go over the bones with a very light coat of gryphonne sepia followed by even lighter devlan mud. Also try to do something with the eye on the staff, he's right it does look funny the way it is. Otherwise he looks good. Going to paint the base?

Thanks for the responses!

As you've probably guessed, I'm not a great painter, so getting extra advice is always good! I'm working on fixing the things pointed out, I'll have a new (hopefully brighter!) picture up soon!

• 1 month later...
My vow is complete! I have 20 Chaos Space Marines and a Sorceror finished before me! :) Unfortunately my camera has run out of battery so I can't take any pictures yet. :D I will get you pictures tomorrow morning. Scout's honour.

All I hear are empty promises! I demand pictures!

Does Chaos know any other type? (excepting promises of revenge) :)

Just kidding. But really looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks, I hope they don't disappoint! :D

Archived