I Am Legion's LPC Vow

I am Legion

I....... I Am Legion of the Blood Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present 9 Terminators (some from Space Hulk, some not) on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

So I am on vacation this week, I planned to play SWTOR all week on my new PC. Unfortunetly, it's messed up and it's been in repairs for the last 5 days, and I doubt I'll see it until friday...But that did give me all week to paint for my LPC Vow. So I drank and painted and went out for food all week so far, and this is what my first round looks like. Now keep in mind the Terminators were already filed and primed but were sitting in a box for 3 months. So this LPC came at a good time.

Alright, enough, BEHOLD!!! :lol:

gallery_32371_1885_96032.jpggallery_32371_1885_185464.jpggallery_32371_1885_41739.jpggallery_32371_1885_56729.jpg

Very nice, but reminds me that I still have my copy of Space Hulk sitting shamefully in the cupboard waiting for me to paint (as it has since I got it). It taunts me every time I open the door!

Looking forward to seeing how these end up as they already look better than a lot of models I see when I go down to the local shop for a game.

Very nice, but reminds me that I still have my copy of Space Hulk sitting shamefully in the cupboard waiting for me to paint (as it has since I got it). It taunts me every time I open the door!

Looking forward to seeing how these end up as they already look better than a lot of models I see when I go down to the local shop for a game.

Looking good so far I am Legion!

And spinitron, my Space Hulk terminators are half painted, the other half standing on a shelf glaring at me as I walk by to get them some paint!

Thanks brothers!

These guys are TOO detailed and they take forever to paint. Which is why I put them off for so long as well. My problem is that I didn't think I could do the models enough justice at my level, but in the end I just want them done. Not that I use terminators a whole lot, but they are awesome pieces. Ugh so much more to go, hopefully by next weekend I will have another update.

Got a major update. But now I'm sick of painting, and will resume by next weekend....I...I...just can't paint anymore people....you don't understand!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

ok

gallery_32371_1885_125601.jpggallery_32371_1885_78057.jpggallery_32371_1885_109295.jpggallery_32371_1885_202024.jpggallery_32371_1885_8686.jpggallery_32371_1885_122800.jpggallery_32371_1885_38187.jpggallery_32371_1885_74077.jpggallery_32371_1885_10164.jpggallery_32371_1885_160896.jpg

It doesn't feel like there is all that much work to do, im going to take this week off from painting to return to normal life, but this shouldn't take me more than 2 weeks to finish if i concentrate on it.

Mate, you're doing them a lot of justice - They look very very nice indeed and if truth be told, I've been putting off painting them for the same reasons you have.

You'll have a good looking squad when you're finished, so keep on cracking on, you can do it!

My reason for putting them off is wanting to convert them to Deathwing without ruining the miniatures! :)

They look very good so far - looking forward to seeing the finished thing.

I saw someone do that somewhere on the B&C, I recall they looked pretty good too as Dark Angels. But...they're teh enemy, you know?

Also, been painting all day today after I dropped my friend off. I will hopefully be able to post some more stuff up tonight! I thought I was sick of painting, but now I feel like I'm getting so close to finishing and so much time invested this week already, I just need to paint...it's like crack...(not that I know or have ever seen the stuff)

nice work. I understand why the comment on the need to take a painter's break, there coming out awesome. BTW where is everyone finding these terminators I now think everyone in the world except for me have the Space Hulk game terminators

ok Here's the third update. I doubt I'll have much time the rest of this week to paint at all but I have to admit that painting for almost 10 days straight, you get alot done... I don't think ive ever painted this fast or devoted so much time at once to painting per day as I did this week...

Enjoy

gallery_32371_1885_54245.jpggallery_32371_1885_57223.jpggallery_32371_1885_904.jpggallery_32371_1885_68060.jpggallery_32371_1885_108129.jpggallery_32371_1885_57567.jpg

I actually need to go and get Terminator bases to complete these guys. And with my budget, that's not happening until next month...unless I fudge it in secretly...you know...without me knowing :no:

Thanks guys! It's always nice to know that other people can appreciate hard work and dedication.

@ Midnight Runner. I tried to blend the regular terminators in with the SH ones. The regular ones are just sooooo plain otherwise. So I added a couple things like the Forgeworld Shoulderpads, and a couple bits to their knees. It's not much but it helped. Also I asked Daismith906 to give me his flesh formula as thats what I attempted to do but not very well, and he mentioned it was yours Midnight. So I'm stealing your idea, cause I like how it came out and will have to redo the other SH sergeant the same way.

I managed to paint a bit today. got two more small parts done on two dudes. I now have to redo one gold section which my friend said looked bad and I agreed, and fix two more sections, base, and I should be finished. If I knew I was going to religiously paint all last week I should have added something else to the LPC. Oh well.

Tremendous work I am Legion! Truly great stuff! Good luck with your vow!

My reason for putting them off is wanting to convert them to Deathwing without ruining the miniatures! ;)

This is why I'll start an Angels Sanguine army - can't risk the conversion process! :ermm:

Really, really nice work. I like the colour scheme you've chosen for them, the white eagles on their amour really make them pop!

Very good details, and the "new" assault terminators with them Forgeword bits blend very well into the SH ones. I like!

Snorri

Thanks again, you know, it's because of this support that makes me want to keep painting, providing me with incentive to finish!

So I stole daismith906/midnight runners idea and repainted the fleshy parts. it didn't come out quite as well, but ce la vie. I don't want to add a third layer of paint to the faces. I fixed my other SH sergeant with power weapon, outside of this LPC, by changinf his face, and redoing his PW, it's much better now, and it blends in with the rest of the force. I also did some finishing touches on the terminators, and I think theyre finished. my eyes have always deceived me, and its this community that pointed out the errors (which I always fix), so you'll probably have that oppurtunity again.

So I attached the first 5 bases to the CC terminators, and need to go buy another set of bases from teh ol' GW, so I can glue the other 4. My plan is to finish these guys this weekend. but we'll see.

Just for the record I began painting on the 6th of january 2012, which was a friday.

So I flocked and painted a bit over this weekend. They arn't finished yet, but out of the 9 painting steps for my "sand" colour, I have only 4 left so I should be done this LPC by the end of the week. I will also be done my first two objective markers.

Now here is where I need the forums help!!!

I have 2 Markers set on the standard bases. Do they actually need to be on the terminator bases? In which case I will need to cut the bases out from under the "objective" "model"??

PLEASE HELP.

LPC Complete!!!

I'm happy about that since it's my first time doing it. Behold the completed Space Hulk/Regular style Terminators! Plus 2 Objective Markers thrown in as a bonus. The only regret here is that my camera is crap. But I believe I want to make proper Light Box and get a good camera so I can take proper photos. The light box will cost under $10, but the camera might take some time as its $600...

Update: I messed with the settings on the camera and retook the photos. These should be much better!

gallery_32371_1885_24370.jpggallery_32371_1885_26776.jpggallery_32371_1885_17739.jpggallery_32371_1885_13487.jpggallery_32371_1885_156952.jpggallery_32371_1885_810.jpggallery_32371_1885_19988.jpggallery_32371_1885_113711.jpggallery_32371_1885_123387.jpggallery_32371_1885_81853.jpggallery_32371_1885_13649.jpggallery_32371_1885_12306.jpggallery_32371_1885_19387.jpggallery_32371_1885_10536.jpggallery_32371_1885_150640.jpg

Archived