[LPC] Predator Brigand - Vow COMPLETE

Race Bannon

Soooo ... this is my first LPC :)

With a 6 month old, time is a premium, BUT I think I can squeeze out a tank in three months ... two and a half months ...

Needless to say, most of the tank is ready for priming:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/zenidi/Warhammer/Brigand2.jpg

This shot is of the son-to-be HB sponson magnets as I plan to make them interchangeable with LC sponsons and regular doors:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/zenidi/Warhammer/Brigand1.jpg

Yep, it can also be a Rhino. At least that's the plan. For the LPC though I'm focusing on it being a Predator. Nothing too flashy and all the parts are not ready yet (smoke launchers, hull hatches, bitz, etc.)

And although not on the LPC vow, I'm still excited about it:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/zenidi/Warhammer/Tempest1.jpg

I think it's about 90% done :D

hey Race Bannon, great work, love all the forgeworld parts on the Predator. ~smiles~ and the Tempest is EPIC!!! take a look at my thread, theres something you should see. ~winks~ the Tsunami pattern Landspeeder, and my own invention back in 2005. enjoy and i will of course be checking back often to see your progress. good luck in 2012 my friend. see you online soon.

adios amigo

peace

Thanks gang ^_^

I's primed now and sprayed green. Now for the tough part B)

Ooh, is that the MkIVc from forgeworld? how does the turret compare to the normal one?

Very well I think :tu: It seems more sleek to me. What I thought odd was that it came with LC barrels and to my pleasant surprise they were reasonably straight ... but not straight enough. I did the hot water thing and just couldn't get it right. So I took spare plastic barrels and had to do some chopping to make them level. The LC sponsons have a power supply on the inside of the weapon too!

Overall though, it was worth the price.

Pics incoming after some initial work. :)

• 1 month later...

The required second post ... more to come :woot:

gallery_6494_6059_2161965.jpg

Clearly, all the parts are not present (the hatches, tracks) and due to time constraints I will have to focus on the Brigand itself. I should have the tracks on by the end of the coming week. Decals and details by the end of the following week. Wash on the third. I should make this LPC.

Although not apart of the LPC ... a teaser of a side project:

gallery_6494_6059_2205679.jpg

-_-

• 2 weeks later...

That's right! This vow is complete and ahead of schedule. It turns out I was able to do more with the time I had.

gallery_6494_6059_4028439.jpg

gallery_6494_6059_1342647.jpg

gallery_6494_6059_3779535.jpg

gallery_6494_6059_2979962.jpg

Look ma ... moving parts!

gallery_6494_6059_3738374.jpg

And as the sponsons are magnetized, if I don;t use a Predator, then I have another Rhino chassis!

gallery_6494_6059_1244147.jpg

As is obvious, this tank has been assigned to Captain Orelius' 3rd Company. I really debated adding more to the model (brass aquilas, honors of various kinds, etc.) but decided that the Raptors - although Space Marines - are more pragmatic than most. Aaaand one of my Raptor's Rules is "tabletop quality". I'm happy with the result above for that reason.

Admittedly, I'm trying to make "packages" with my tanks. My first Razorback also had a Rhino top hatch and various cupola mounts made to accommodate various uses out of one hull. I want to do the same with this hull but decided to focus on the goal to have a Predator built.

The "Brigand" is a derivative from the concept that the AC turret/LC sponson version is sometimes referred as the "Marauder" (from pre-lawsuit Battletech). So, it's counterpart needed a name similar. Meh, it'll do for me as well.

SO, no LPC. Maybe my own? Over the next three months I'll work on a demi-squad of Tactical Terminator Marines with Assault Cannon. B)

Archived