LPC 2012 - It's On ... Like You Know Who ...

Order_of_the_Dragon

First My Vow:

I, Order_of_the_Dragon,of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 chaplain and 2 x10 man tactical squads on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Please stay tuned for the beginning of my next Dark Angels army, this seemed like a good place to start.

ON TO MY LIST:

1 Chaplian Model - (not purchased)

10 Man Tactical Squad (Flamer/ML) - (purchased, unassembled)

10 Man Tactical Squad (Flamer/ML) - (purchased, unassembled)

if I get this complete, maybe I can increase my vow... ^_^

Aaaand another one! Excellent brother! I wish you good luck with your vow which seems to be a solid addition to any force!

if I get this complete, maybe I can increase my vow... ;)

Well, the vows can be changed until the end of the month. I suggest however to stick to your vow and secure a completion rather than risk it! We need as many completed vows as possible!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update ...

Still WIP I have started the assembling of these models (minus a Chaplian ... can't find a model anywhere ... may have to kitbash.)

Had a case of the :nuke: :huh: Nurgles :) :nuke: and had to recover ... thanks to my wife and then mother in law who got it first.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently my wife will be long term in recovering from ... well damn near everything. Heres WIP #1 Please note the arms and shoulderpads missing, they are being painted a different color and I prefer to currently paint them seperate and glue afterwards before the wash.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RCtnnGJ5Tps/T0r30IiG5iI/AAAAAAAAAD4/EDEtQ0fo58I/s320/mail.jpg

Perfect world has these being done within 2 weeks.

Good man, get among it!!!!!!!!!!

This^^^

I myself is recovering from a severe case of Virus Bombing... Fever can be a real pain. Anyway, good to hear she's recovering too!

I'll take you up in your "two weeks" statement! <_<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok brothers (and any dark sisters?) update:

Squad 1 (almost complete ... dang mold lines keep appearing! 90% done)

Squad 2 (almost complete ... dang mold lines keep appearing! 80% done)

Chaplain (almost complete ... just a couple more details to be pained 95% done)

Also which sounds better for a chapter name;

The Order

or

Angels of Despair

??

The latter. The Order has a special meaning for DAs - I don't think any Unforgiven chapter should carry it. Unless you meant it as a short for Order of the Dragon! ;) But I still prefer the latter. :P

So how much overall? 85%?

Yeah 85-90% Im trying to get all the noticable mould lines but I think they are taunting me ...

*looks over SM arms*

"Looks good ...

*looks over SM arms again ... noticing legion of mould lines"

#RAGE

Overall they dont bother me cause im not shooting for painting awards ... just want them to look pretty sweet. And yeah figured I was pushing it with The Order, so I will probably go Angels of Despair ... my original poster name is from my non DA days ... let us not speak of them ... :)

Archived