LPC - Droma

Droma

I vowed to paint my Azreal and helmet bearer models for the LPC so I guess it's about time I made a thread for them.

gallery_33390_6878_77335.jpg

Here is a side by side with my Belial and my standard bearer this way you guys will have an idea what the final outcome will look like. I'm thinking about doing grey highlights instead of blue/grey on him but we'll see.

gallery_33390_6878_141618.jpg

Your Belial and standard bearer look awesome man! So you are forgiven that they are Grey Knights ;) Very dramatic painting style. Great banner too.

Cheers

I

Thanks guys.

@Isiah

I only have 1 box of GK terminators and Draigo as my Belial out of 6 squads of terminators. I'm using 3 as sergeants and one each for my banner bearer and apothecary. I'm also using the glaives as counts as thunder hammers because IMO they look so much cooler and bladed weapons fit the DA so much better.

Added the second layers of paint to the bone and the robes, the banner also has its first coat of paint. The bone is ready to get washed with some sepia, the robes still need a coat of white and some detailing. I also need to paint his skin, paint the angel on the banner, add a coat of blood red to the red sections of the model, and do armor highlights. So basically I'm almost done blocking out colors and I'm about ready to move to detailing.

gallery_33390_6878_879946.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New update. Azreal is 70% done. I need to do another highlight of the green and work on the flames in the banner as well as do the plasma part of the combi-plasma gun and finish up his face. After that it's on to the helmet bearer.

gallery_33390_6878_477943.jpg

Edit: I'll do my best to make sure the pictures when he's all done aren't so darn blurry lol.

Cool! He really looks angry. and the black armour - I know it is supposed to tie with the rest of your army but it really really suits him - even if taken out of context! ;)Do you intend to do anything on the base?

In any case I'd say you're 80% there! Would you agree?

80% sounds right. I plan on eventually getting resin bases for all my models but that will be far into the future. I enjoy playing more than painting so not having scenic bases doesn't really bother me.

Edit: Was thinking of getting either the sanctuary or tech-deck bases from dragonforge. http://dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/...d_base_sets.htm

Like I said though that's pretty far in the future.

Here is the final pic of my completed Azreal and helmet bearer. Thanks for viewing the thread, please leave any comments or critques you want. Also, good luck to everyone else trying to complete their vows, lets claim victory for the Lion.

gallery_33390_6878_4626738.jpg

Congratulations on your completed vow brother! The black armour and white robe is really very striking.

I do think you should at least paint the bases, either green or brown, even if you intend to replace them later.

Your white is awesome. You are going very well with this project and doing a fine job!

I can only criticize the quality of the image. You need to use a good approach and apply either the macro. Maybe you should get a good camera to not waste your talent!

Your white is awesome. You are going very well with this project and doing a fine job!

I can only criticize the quality of the image. You need to use a good approach and apply either the macro. Maybe you should get a good camera to not waste your talent!

It's something like a $200 camera. I'm sure it would take better pics if I played with it more but the auto focus always seems to be fighting me. I really wish I owned a digital camera with a lens. I could get much nicer pictures but it'd involve busting out the old film camera, getting film developed, then scanning them in. Which is entirely too much work for this project lol. I'll take another shot at getting decent pictures with what I've got though.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Archived