LPC Vow WiP.

Reldn

Okay, here is the 2nd update. He's been painted up (poorly) and all he needs now is some touch-ups in spots and a light wash of Gryphonne Sepia. I'll add the picture of my progress tonight.

*laughs* I also know why I had quit painting: I suck at it.

Yes, as Brother Syth says, practice and you'll improve. Don't be afraid to experiment with techniques...and both B&C and the net as a whole are a great resource for finding new techniques.

Looking forward to seeing him done!

My problem is that I get myself inspired to paint, and then pretty much as soon as I look at it up close, post the pictures, and see them in greater detail? I see eeeeeverything wrong and it makes me want to strip it down and just walk away. I'm honestly embarassed to post this.

Regardless though, here's the second WiP photo: gallery_32542_6881_3114155.jpg

Third update, he's gotten two washes of Gryphonne Sepia (The more I look at him the more I think he's a little too dark. Further miniatures will only have one Sepia wash I think.) I've a couple tiny things left to do and then my vow will be completed!

gallery_32542_6881_2314861.jpg

My problem is that I get myself inspired to paint, and then pretty much as soon as I look at it up close, post the pictures, and see them in greater detail? I see eeeeeverything wrong and it makes me want to strip it down and just walk away. I'm honestly embarassed to post this.

I know that feeling all to well - I should buy shares in Dettolling the amount I've used this past year!!

You've nothing to worry about though, he looks good!

Looking good. Looks like he is ready to crack some heads! What's left to finish on him?

I want to touch up the purity seals with some more bleached bone, and the Sepia was starting to turn the bayonet kind of a rusty-gold in spots.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't do the base yet as I don't know what I want it to be for the army. So, for now, the base stays as is. That, and I feel like getting as far from painting as I can right now. Kinda regretting entering the LPC. ;)

EDIT: As for a picture of the other side of the Powerfist, I'll try to get a picture up, but, that's where the spray got a bit thick and really destroyed the skull detail (granted, it did that across the whole model I'm afraid. This Army Painter spray primer is going to take some getting used to.) So, it basically came out as a little red dot with a green laurel around it.

Archived