mustardParty's LPC Vow

mustardParty

I took the plunge:

I, mustardParty of the Blood Angels, vow on the honor of my Chapter to paint and present at least one ten-man Assault Squad with magnetized backpacks and jump packs and at least 5 Vanguard Vets with jump packs, on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I've been meaning to get a squad a VV's done for FOREVER, no there's no turning BACK!

Quick update - here are my ASM guys, ready to be committed to the ranks:

gallery_55774_6746_114924.jpg

gallery_55774_6746_66125.jpg

I wanted to do something a little different with these guys. I was thinking, being Blood Angels, these would be Marines from one of the Tactical Squads of my Battle Company, so their combat doctrine is a little different than a your proper Assault Squad, so more reliance one their side arms rather than their chain swords. They would still play as a normal Assault Squad on the table though, just flavorz.

I had put these guys together and been planning to attack them for a while! Now they can finally find the field of battle.

very nice stuff so far,

i like the "combat stance" shooting pistols...was the conversion difficult ? also i hope your going to drill those barrels :P all that effort on a cool squad,might as well go all the way with it!

cheers, mithril

* is that simply how a LPC vow starts? you just declare your intent in a post and then go for it ??? ;)

very nice stuff so far,

i like the "combat stance" shooting pistols...was the conversion difficult ? also i hope your going to drill those barrels :P all that effort on a cool squad,might as well go all the way with it!

cheers, mithril

* is that simply how a LPC vow starts? you just declare your intent in a post and then go for it ??? :)

Thanks guys! I wanted them to feel different from the standard ASM squad, and I've always liked the look of that kind of combat stance (it's called the Weaver Stance I guess, found that out when I was looking up reference pics when I was posing out the minis). It has a spec ops kind of flavor!

That conversion was actually pretty tough for my clumsy armature modding ability, but by the 5th guy I had found the best arms in my bin to be using. It's really pretty hard to get marines to reach across their chests though, it takes a lot of finagling!

And I'm way ahead of you on the barrels too :)

• 1 month later...

Updates to my ASM squad going up on here:

gallery_55774_6746_2099429.jpg

gallery_55774_6746_2083489.jpg

gallery_55774_6746_3564777.jpg

gallery_55774_6746_2643887.jpg

gallery_55774_6746_4902954.jpg

Squad's about half done except of the helmet, which are all getting a light grey coat before I put the yellow on. Each squad has two banners, the Sergeant has the banner with the chapter icon backed by the company's heraldry. The number 2 guy has a banner that corresponds to the squad marking's on the knee pads. I like banners, banners everywhere!

Archived