Tabard Tutorials

Marshal Rohr

Great tutorials!

My only gripe is that a Tabard is double sided, front and back... otherwise it is just an apron. I dont like the idea of my Black Templars wearing Aprons so I made sure that I put cloaks on any models which had 'tabards' on so you couldnt see that back section was missing.

After 10+ years of medieval sword fighting, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me

http://www.lrpstore.com/uploads/images_products_large/476.jpg

-Dono

If youre seven foot tall, wearing powered armor covered in skulls, chains, candles, and laterns whilst waving a chainsaw sword and hand portable .75 calibre cannon you can pull off an apron.

In reality, its one of those tricks of the eye. matching up cloth on front and back is ridiculously hard in plastic.

If youre seven foot tall, wearing powered armor covered in skulls, chains, candles, and laterns whilst waving a chainsaw sword and hand portable .75 calibre cannon you can pull off an apron.

Yeah, that's getting sigged :D

-edite- Oh yeah, and thanks for the tutorials. It's been far too long since I've worked with Green Stuff so I needed something like this to go off.

Cheers for the links M2C :devil:

Amen on the apron issue Dono. I have an ambition to sculpt surcoat backs onto some torso masters for my revamped crusade.

-T14

Cloth/Tabard link listed above is to my blog. I've shown this technique to a number of people over the years and it works well for most everyone, easy to understand and fairly easy to as complicated as you want to make it. I also have a bunch of examples of what else you can do with the same technique in my Messing with Chaos plog in the WIP section of B&C and on my blog. I like Word Bearers, khorne, and Templars so I get to do a bunch of drapings. And if you can do it on the front side you can easily do it on the backside for those of you that want true tabards and surcoats are not much more difficult to do. You think Tabards are difficult to match up, try doing caparisons on horses for historical armies, tabards are simple in comparison.

Archived