Crimson Cartels 2012 LPC Log

The Crimson Cartel

I, Crimson Cartel of the Blood Angels, vow on the honor of my Chapter to paint and present at least 4 objective markers, 10 death company marines, 2 Assault squad Sarges, 1 Sanguinary Priest, and 1 Counts as Sanguinor, on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done...

1st update time brothers. Assembled so far are the objectives, dc, and Death Co. Smooth sailing on this WIP so far.

gallery_41380_6990_225739.jpg

gallery_41380_6990_69066.jpg

gallery_41380_6990_130553.jpg

As usual, C&C welcome.

-CC

That time again Brothers. Up next are our Lost Brethren, our waiting fate: The Death Company. They are 90% complete, aside from some basing touch-ups and possibly some added gore. These guys were tough to do (which is odd for mostly black models,) but they were all repaints from various other chapters. Lots of ebay specials that I was only moderately successful at stripping the UNBELIEVABLE amount of paint and primer from them. Pretty happy with them overall. Some even have some red poking out from under the black which I think is pretty fluffy, and was able to use this to sim battle damage. Lemme know how you think they came out

-CC

gallery_41380_6990_144372.jpg

gallery_41380_6990_82778.jpg

gallery_41380_6990_525534.jpg

gallery_41380_6990_697569.jpg

2nd update Bros. All objective markers are completed,baring any small touch-ups. If anyone wants closer pics, I was thinking of going back and taking more shots before I post the Ones at the completion of my vow. Lemme hear ya!

-CC

gallery_41380_6990_81364.jpg

gallery_41380_6990_699794.jpg

Those objective markers are fresh. Very nice.

hmm may i ask what colour yellow you used for the helmets? the paint looks somewhat thin...

really loving the death company though! great job :P

Demo, It's Vallejo model color, Bad Moon Yellow I believe. So far it's 2 thin coats on top of darksun base. Not sure if I'll keep em like this or add a few more coats.

-CC

hmm may i ask what colour yellow you used for the helmets? the paint looks somewhat thin...

really loving the death company though! great job :confused:

Demo, It's Vallejo model color, Bad Moon Yellow I believe. So far it's 2 thin coats on top of darksun base. Not sure if I'll keep em like this or add a few more coats.

-CC

AHA! I KNEW IT! <_< :lol:

ive used the same colour myself and mine was pretty watery. not sure if yours is as well but the coverage was terrible! have since moved on to sunburst yellow and its the complete opposite. great coverage! its abit darker but i like the look alot better myself :ermm:

perhaps worth looking into?

really loving the death company though! great job :wub:

-CC

AHA! I KNEW IT! :D :P

ive used the same colour myself and mine was pretty watery. not sure if yours is as well but the coverage was terrible! have since moved on to sunburst yellow and its the complete opposite. great coverage! its abit darker but i like the look alot better myself :)

perhaps worth looking into?

:yes: Terribly watery....

Looks like i'll be making the short trip to the shop to pick up some sunburst then. ANY positive suggestions when painting yellow are more than welcome. Pitty those poor poor impy fists... :teehee:

-CC

hmmm i actually also got golden yellow, now im not sure which one i used ;) sorry about that mate...uhm...can you test the colour out at your local store? im not so sure anymore :D

• 4 weeks later...
Verrry nice! Good choice of bits, looks a bazillion times better than the ridiculous GW model! Very inspiring, if you catch my drift ;)

Well done! For Sanguinius!

Snorri

km

Inspiring indeed! I too cannot stand the actual model, and have pretty much made my own version of every spec BA character,bar Lemmy (whom is awesome now), and meph,because im anxiously awaiting a finecast version to chop appart :D I wanted a very avenging angel look,with an ode to the defense of Baal thrown in,and I think I got that. Hopefully I can get better pics up soon b/c these ones dont do him justice... Thanks Snorri!

-CC

my only 2 points of critique would be that he looks like hes got gas, and the mold line on his power mace! Otherwise, nice work :P

Facial expression giving you that feeling Demo? Thoughts for something different? Also,thanks for pointing out that line,will betides ASAP.

-CC

Archived