My EC

twofour878

Hey everyone just thought I'd post up a couple pics of my recently completed EC. It a big kit bash and took me a long time to figure out exactly what I wanted. I know the backpack doesn't look quite done but I haven't actually decided what to do with it. Now I just have to learn to paint better.

Here's the pics

gallery_65253_6817_365767.jpg

gallery_65253_6817_776688.jpg

Here's a list of the parts used to make it:

Head - BA Sanguinary Guard

Torso - BA Sanguinary Guard

Pistol Arm - Random Chaos Marine Arm (couldn't fins anything else in my bit box for that pose)

Sword Arm - Random Marine Arm

Sword - Empire Greatsword

Legs - FW Iron Armour Running Legs

Backpack - Maxmini Gothic Backpack

Shoulders - Maxmini Large Shoulder Pads

Thanks for any opinions.

I'm digging it but here are some of my thoughts ...

I think the backpack looks like it is sitting too high on his back. I'd prefer it just a tad lower so he doesnt feel so top heavy to me.

Secondly, I think the sword could look meaner with a longer hilt. Maybe because I first was exposed to the EC when you had the option of wielding it 1 or 2 handed.

Lastly I think he needs some Templar iconography and maybe a purity seal or ten.

Just my opinions of course. Overall I like the uniqueness.

He is a bit lacking in Templar icongraphy... possibly a transfer on the robe, maybe a free hand on the chest plate.

Other than that a few purity seals and is say good to go sir!

Wow I never noticed the lack of purity seals.....I feel ashamed. I'll fix that asap. I may change the sword with a sanguinary guard one I have since it's bigger and meaner looking, not sure about it though. Also I agree I need to find a place for some BT icons I'm just puzzled as to where to put it. I'll think about the loincloth idea.

I may add a cape attached to the rings on the pistol side shoulder guard but I need to work on my green stuff skills before attempting it on this guy. I plan on decorating that more.

Sweet pose, really liking the kit bash. As for the painting, I think you should work on the gold a bit more. Try undercoating the area with a mild brown first, then gold and finish with a wash or two of delvan mud. It will help cover the undercoat of black a lot better and the wash will add plenty of depth.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've never really used gold very often before. I've tried a gryphonne sepia wash and it was okay IMO, but nothing great, I also tried the thraka green wash for tarnishing and found it worked well but I think a weathering powder would give me the look I want more (just need to get some...). I'll try the devlan mud wash to see the difference.

Archived