Marines Malevolent W.I.P.

After taking inspiration from fellow forum members, i've decided to paint up some Marines Malevolent. Making progress with my Contemptor, and almost finished my first Tactical squad ( just waiting for transfer paper!).

C&C welcome!

gallery_55332_6968_357877.jpg

gallery_55332_6968_194434.jpg

gallery_55332_6968_53786.jpg

Very nice.very nice indeed! Cracking yellow looks worn without being over the top! Once again nice work! :tu:

Are you trying to say something, 'brother'?.... *unsheathes rusted gladius*

Very nice start you have there Longfang, but I think he's too clean. Dab some corrosion and battle damage here and there and he should be great ;)

Easy brothers, this is a time for celebration! Longfang has joined the ranks of the Emperor's Best. Great job on the yellow, longfang, can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Marines Malevolent seem to be very popular at the moment... but god is your yellow nice! ;) really like it!

Btw the crackly effect you've got on there is amazing... ;) I joke I joke.

Easy brothers, this is a time for celebration! Longfang has joined the ranks of the Emperor's Best. Great job on the yellow, longfang, can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Fine... *retracts blade* But next time you will not be so lucky, when the IVth is not around to save you...

Really nice work, the yellow is phenomenal - how was the cast quality of your Contemptor? Mine overall was good but there were a few cracks on the shoulders which I've smoothed over but haven't totally been able to remove...

The green helmet meant to be a sallie?.. haha.

That's a disgrace, I should report this thread to Brother Argos... :angry:

Nah, my contemptor is trampling on some Malevolants anyway...

Just noticed that you have the legs on the wrong way round...

Not that we Salamanders players take pride in pointing these things out to Marines Malevolant players... ^_^

Thanks for all of the comments, even the ones from the Salamanders players ^_^

Keith, the casting was really good on the contemptor, no problems at all thankfully. As for the legs, even after marking them L and R, I still messed up. Oh well.

Just a few more early shots of my Land Raider Crusader, and the first Tactical squad.

gallery_55332_6968_105640.jpg

gallery_55332_6968_600523.jpg

gallery_55332_6968_469251.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing says 'Marines Malevolent' like overwhelming direct firepower, lol. The contemptor looks great, man!

Edit: Does anyone else find it amusing that the Contemptor model has a vent on it's butt? :P

Thanks for the feedback guys, i really appreciate it. As for the yellow, i'm an old school painter, and still wash and drybrush most of my models. None of these fancy air-brushes for me :)

For my yellow, I do the following: Iyanden Darksun, followed by an Ogryn Flesh wash all over the yellow. Heavy drybrush with Iyanden Darksun, drybrush with Wargames Foundry Yellow, and a final light drybrush of Wargames Foundry Yellow Light.

You can never have too much firepower 1000 Heathens ;) . As for that vent, i'd never taken much notice, but now that you mention it...

Brother Syth, I'm just working through the second tactical squad. Once they're finished, I think i'll do either a bike squad, or an assault squad, can't decide yet!

Archived