LPC Vow Done!

Wayward

Congratulations on completing the vow...and doing it so well!

Those are outstanding.

I must add that I really like the idea of the small scrolls, seals and honours on the back of the standard. Usually the back of flags look so plain and unadorned but that is an excellent idea. Consider it stolen for when I do my command squad.

Now they are very nice!

How did you do the green? DA green for me always looks shiney as hell...

I have some 2nd line brand form here, Argentina. Its called AD. I took a dark green and a light green from that brand (simil to dark angel green and snoot green IIRC) and made a total of 5 different tones, keeping the light and dark green as they came, and creating two intermediate tones (they are cheap paints, so I bought several of each and experimented) To the last and "lighter" tone, I added a bit of white, a light grey could work too. That leaves us a total of five tones. Lets name them from 1 to 5, 1 being the darkest.

Now its all a matter of layering and a coulpe of lies :P

+A+ Basecoat with 1.

+B+ Block paint with 2, leaving 1 only visible in lines and inner edges.

+C+ Treating each zone separately, and considering from where the light comes, I paint roughly half the area with 3.

+D+ Extreme higlight with 5 (yea, 4 is used later)

+E+ Corrections with 4 and 3 as needed, trying to leave the extreme higlight smoother and polite.

+F+ Glazing* with 4. This is done covering compeltely 5 and roughly half of zones painted with 3.

+G+ Another extreme higlight, this time shorter, with 5 (This is optional, and should be done only in the more exposed areas of the model, not everywhere. In fact, the models shown in this post do not have this step applied).

* The light green I bought is kind of transparent, as cheap paints are. Its really bad to paint directly, because it has almost no covering power. So I mixed it with the darker green and with a bit of white to solve this problem, and leave it as it it to use it on step +F+. Should you have acces to better paints you should thin the paint a bit with water, and a drop of matte varnish, or directly use a wash or something alike.

Hope all of this makes sense. Surely there are better ways to achieve this, but this is my way, and I like it :)

Archived