Grey Knight costume

Seahawk

Anyone know where there are instructions to make it? It would be a good project for my retirement, you know, in 60 years...

but seriously, i would like instructions.

I'm fairly certain that isn't a real costume. Looks like a photoshop job to me. This picture doesn't look legitimate at all.

Valerian

Anyone know where there are instructions to make it? It would be a good project for my retirement, you know, in 60 years...

but seriously, i would like instructions.

I'm fairly certain that isn't a real costume. Looks like a photoshop job to me. This picture doesn't look legitimate at all.

Valerian

It's real. Here is his deviant art page with a WIP shot from a few years back, which includes the finished helmet:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/153/c/b/grey_knight_wip__front__by_colin_midwest-d3hv9ch.jpg

http://colin-midwest.deviantart.com/art/Gr...Front-211410449

mmmm.

Always question everything, especially when it is coming from digital artist on deviant art.

The owner (Colin Midwest) says he is into: Artisan crafts, costumery, costumes, cosplay and role playing.

This picture would imply a wip:

http://fav.me/d47r297

However, we get 3 pictures overall:

1- the nemesis force halberd

2- the finished costume in foamcoare

3- the final product all painted

We are missing true wip picture of him working on this amazing project, show me pictures of just the shoulder pads, just the knee pads, show me how he puts it on altogether. Then I'll be a believer.

until then, whilst it looks awesome, I am having a hard time not thinking it isnt a clever stunt by a very good digital artist.

My 2 cents

Such a pessimist guillaume, and how rude to imply that Colin is being dishonest. Being cautious is one thing, but to level those sort of accusations as a matter of course is just plain wrong.

I've followed Colin's WIP thread for this suit on another forum for a while. A simple Google search for Grey Knight Terminator by Colin would have found you several links including this link, which includes a link to his WIP thread. Sure that requires a little effort, but its far better than jumping straight to casting some quite nasty aspersions about others. Pessimism is one thing, making unfounded, and quite frankly nasty, accusations of dishonesty is quite another.

Bad form.

Colin's WIP thread on the Obscurus Crusade forum is here. His thread is so popular he seems to have exceeded his bandwidth on photobucket, so I wasn't able to see alot of his early pics just the photobucket 'This image exceeds bandwidth with too many views' image. I'm not sure how often the bandwidth ticks over so I have no idea when the image will be viewable again.

• 3 weeks later...

@MadDoc,

Just followed your link to his WIP.

Okay, I admit that I am utterly defeated. This man has some serious craft skills. Absolutely gorgeous and I love how he has kept a slightly model-like scale with an outrageously huge sword...

Absolutely incredible. Not sure how much he would retail those for. I think quite a bit by the looks of the amount of work involved.

Archived