40k Triage Documents

Although these are technically finished pieces of artwork, they are really more a draft to work out the ideas and where everything should go. I'm doing a new version which presents reverse triage as standard, so too badly injured (and not an officer) you have no chance, likewise if your injury is very minor you may find yourself under a charge of attempting to avoid your duty....

Higher res images can be found on my DeviantArt page, also I get a few requests to use these for RPGs (table and LARP) so if you wish to do use these (free of charge, no claim made to GW IP etc.), just let me know.

The inspiration for these was largely 20th C interwar military documents, which I thought looked suitably dark(ish) without resorting to Gothic script everywhere.

Triage Category Poster

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/007/b/9/warhammer_40k_imperial_guard_medical_triage_v2_by_borninmoradel-d4lmo62.jpg

Triage Diagnosis Chart

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/006/2/f/warhammer_40k_imperial_guard_triage_chart_by_borninmoradel-d4lhljc.jpg

Triage Tag (Front and Back) - for tying to said casualty for others to easily identify wound severity...

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/007/c/2/warhammer_40k_imperial_guard_triage_tag_by_borninmoradel-d4lm5mn.jpg

Triage Quick Reference Card (a handy pocket-sized guide to triage categories)

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/006/3/d/warhammer_40k_imperial_guard_medical_quick_ref_by_borninmoradel-d4lhlsb.jpg

As ever questions are always welcome

These are truely awesome. Very flavourful, and you could very well see these in use.

Just a quick question; where did you get the idea that malingers were to be flogged, flayed and shot? The only reason I ask is because I was wondering if it came from something pseudo-official (like the Uplifting Primer) or if it was you own flavour

Thanks for your comments everyone; ssjcloudx, really glad they look authentic to yourself also.

This isJimmy, that came from the Uplifitng Primer (to set the tone :P) the rest is just my own ramblings.

These are awesome. I've got a couple of friends who will find these just as amusing as I have. Thank you for sharing.

They're better than military ones. Far more easy to read and less god awful acronyms to worry about.

Was about to say there isn't enough acronyms. But then I guess in the grim dark future with only war and taxes there isn't enough time to pay a bunch of people to come up with a whole new lot of acronyms :D

Thanks very much, not much new stuff in the works at the mo, doing a revamp of these and have some stuff for my DIY Arthurian/Welsh/Celtic Spams I'm working on.

Yup, I did "de-acronym" them. Firstly, to make them slightly more understandable to most and secondly to make them look a little more convoluted (the Imperium shouldn't appear to be too efficent, now lol).

I'm glad it's readable, there are far simpler ways of presenting that information in a third of the space there, but again I wanted to take the slightly more convoluted route.

And I'm glad it comes across as amusing :D It certainly wasn't meant to be entirely serious (but at the same time the information is mostly medically correct as ssjcloudx said - okay maybe not the psychic attacks and abhumans and bionics, but the rest of it :evil:)

Looks very good, I'm surprised though that there isn't a symbol for mutagenic/psychic contamination in that particular section. Probably because there aren't any existing symbols and you'd have to invent your own, but it would make sense for the imperium

Haha thanks very much, they're great suggestions. There's no symbol for psychic contamination, partly because I'm not sure it would be "contamination" and mostly because the other documentation says they should be shot - no point wasting paperwork on them. As for "mutagenic" contamination, even in the grim dark future this would still be one of the categories shown on the tag - again its established in existing fluff that they'd probably be shot too if showing signs of mutation (whether chemical, biological or Chaotic). Just in case lol.

Looks pretty good, very similar to the ones I've used in A+E, maybe change burns to thermal and chemical and spinal injury to nervous injury, thats only minor nitpicking really!

Thanks very much, that list was taken near verbatim from a rather archaic tag - which is what I was going for, and I ran out of space to add anything more lol, but breaking down burns would be better.

Serving as a military medic, I must say very impressive. You deffinitly have the triage and evac categories down to perfect there. Medical triage tag is also done spot on.

awsome work.

Well the Medic approves. no more can be said about it.

these are very very good. great job.

Archived