Rate my fluff

The Holy Heretic

My chapter will be "The Green Knights", a successor to the Rainbow Warriors lost eons ago.

Insignia : Alis Lacrimis "The Winged Tear", they've taken this up in rememberance of their lost forebearers.

Colours : Bright Green

Home world : Lyonesse, a lush green planet of ecological perfection and harmony - a result of ancient gengineering experiments and technique gone lost. The perfection is of course only skin deep, slowly humanity is receding from the Lyonessians, to be replaced by cold, hard reasoning and lost emotions - also showing in the appaling rate of psychic potential in the population and declining number of librarians in the chapter.

The GK put an emphasis on shock troops, preferring to strike once but strike hard. Statically holding objectives or week long bombardments is a job better suited for the guard, while the GK are called upon to make a bloody mess and strike fear in the hearts of the enemy, then fade away like ghosts as if a dream.

The GKs beginning lack of emotion/aggression/ambition is starting to show in the chapter. Progressive commanders call for more rational tactics "Why bring a knife to a gunfight?", while the old guard have the chapter apothecaries work continuously to find a cure for their lackings. The current 'cure' consists of a cocktail of potent combat drugs to envoke the aggression, but the compound is hard to administer correctly, and often the troops are taken by a berserkers rage and blood lust.

The chapters second problem is the lack of promising librarian recruits, meaning that many ancient heroes volunteer to give up their sarcophagi and take up their final rest, when a librarian is mortally wounded, but could be safed by becoming a dreadnought. A growing concern, but also a boon as the chapter becomes less susceptible to corruption, and it ensures a good relationship with the Ordo Hereticus.

The Knights Grove : To remind the populace of rebellious citizens of the vigilant knights and the bloody vengeance they took, or the citizens of newly conquered planets of the sacrifices made for their new homes, the GK always leave a commemorative park with the gengineered plants of their home world, and make the planetary governor understand that the knights take it as a personal slight, should the park suffer from poor maintenance.

Legendary Diplomats : The Green Knights are famed for their no-nonsense diplomacy, as when the rebellious governor Lucian of Darwin III learned. When the rebellion had been quelled, but the evidence for the governors involvement lost. The GK Captain Razputin invited the governor to a feast in his glory, the governor held the seat of honor and the 50 battle brethren stationed each gave a speech praising the governors virtues and encouraging him to keep on the right path in the emperors light, the main course was composed of the hearts of the governors 51 closest relatives...

I noticed you mention GK's several times? did you mean to post this in the Blood Angel forum ? There is no mention of the Blood Angels so I just thought you might have posted in the wrong forum... That aside you fluff seems pretty good.

Although if you do plan on using the Grey Knights codex for your DIY chapter you might want to rewrite the part about them not having many Librarians as Grey Knights are psykers to some degree!

I noticed you mention GK's several times? did you mean to post this in the Blood Angel forum ? There is no mention of the Blood Angels so I just thought you might have posted in the wrong forum... That aside you fluff seems pretty good.

Although if you do plan on using the Grey Knights codex for your DIY chapter you might want to rewrite the part about them not having many Librarians as Grey Knights are psykers to some degree!

I'm pretty sure GK stands for green knights, since this is the name the chapter he is describing.

; )

And he is definetely using the BA codex, because he is justifying FNP/Red Thirst and the death company by introducing the combat drugs he mentioned.

He also mentioned librarian dreadnoughts.

sounds pretty solid. I like it over all, love to see the heraldry and color break down. I see alot of salamander armies here so when I hear green I see lizards.

Archived