Iron Warriors 11th Seige Company

Hello.

i have decided to reform my Iron warriors army and thought i would share some ideas and plans for the summer so i can bring a well made competitive Iron Warriors army back to University afterwards.

So! to the Characters.

Grand Warsmith Ferrox Kreige

gallery_38604_4022_939621.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_769974.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_518383.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1033796.jpg

Grand Warsmith Ferrox Kreige has a fearsome reputation, a Terran born who changed his Terran name to Ferrox Kreige, an Olympian name. Kreige (a sergeant at the time of Perturabo's discovery) quickly rose in the ranks of the Iron Warriors immpressing his father with his steely determination and disregard of those who might hold him back. Kreige became Warsmith in the place of the failiure Warsmith Krendl and led his forces at the seige of Terra and has since banned religious dedication to chaos gods in favour of fighting for the destruction of mankinds shambling empire.

Since the failure of Horus' rebellion, Kreige has led a small sized force of Iron Warriors against citadels of all races contemplating what possible challenges could beat him after bringing the Emperor's own walls down. Kreige's exploits in carrying the Legions traditional style of warfare to great sucess and swelling of Legionnaires under his command has caused the Primarch to once again be interested in Kreige's abillities. Peturabo has sent one of his most logical and successful commanders to bring Kreige back under the Primarch's gaze, an act that appears to have been unusually well received by Kreige.

Iron Champion Flussigkeit

gallery_38604_3113_1097674.jpg

Jared Flussigkeit has been second in command to Kreige for the past century, a century that has driven Flussigkeit to a bizarre unknown diety. The Iron Champion as he is known to the legionaires 11th company has struck a deal with an ancient unknown god for power and to become ultimate embodiment of his legion to impress his Primarch and gain control of the company. This deal left Flussigkeit more of an Iron Warrior that he could ever have been...

Flussigkeit literally became an Iron Warrior, An Astartes made of an unknown liquid metal contained within power armour. He found to his delight that his power increased dramatically and that his could send gouts of molten metal from his hands. Rumour in the company is that a deal was struck with a Necrontyr lord and that his presence is no longer of human origin. Recognising Flussigkeit's new power Kreige awarded Flussigkeit with an ancient weapon from mankinds infancy in the void, a staff with a blade of roaring plasma flame. whether this gift was given in respect or fear is left unanswered.

Ganimach, The Device, Commander of Perturabo's Assault Forces and envoy of alligience to Ferrox Kreige

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/312/9/5/ganimach__the_device_by_greyall-d4fihfn.jpg

Greyall has kindly allowed me to use this character in my army and it is this peice of art that inspired me to re-make my Iron Warriors, his thread of artwork can be found on the following link allow with Fluff for this character.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...0161&st=150

Ganimach has been almost completely accepted by Kreige (but not by many legionaires under his command) after the 'untimely death' of 11th companys assault captain, Ganimach has assumed control of close quarters assault forces in the 11th after orders from Peturabo to bring Kreige back under control and back into the other forces directly commanded by the Primarch.

It remains to be seen whether Ganimach is present to take the 11th by force or whether he has convinced Kreige to return to the Peturabo for orders.

that is the fluffy part of the post for now, each squad champion with have his own backstory once i have made them.

C&C is welcomed for the development of my characters or any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

SB

Why thank you Kassill, i hope this next post is up to your expectations :(

i have been working on Flussigkeit for the past day/2 days and this is what i have so far.

gallery_38604_4022_436624.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_934618.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_258278.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_383215.jpg

the torso is near completion but the legs are still very much in progress, as i type im mixing greenstuff (mixing it better this time) for the Plasma sword/lance/forceweapon thing.

hope you like what you see, feel free to give advice and C&C

thanks

SB

You do know that Flussigkeit means nothing but "a liquid". I know it works with the fluff you have but anyone who knows a little german will find it more funny than anything else.

Great conversions as always, though. I'm really looking forward to what you come up with for Greyall's artwork.

thanks guys, i cant wait to get stuff done on Grayall's art as well, im sculpting 'The Device' now, pics shoul dbe around in the morning.

@cather the great - yeah i did that on purpose just to see if people noticed, im not set on the name, it was just something to write.

Looks like he is coming along very well. Really like the bionic leg you have for him.

Plus that name is awesome. Made even more awesome now that the meaning is out. Please keep it :blink:

Looks like he is coming along very well. Really like the bionic leg you have for him.

Plus that name is awesome. Made even more awesome now that the meaning is out. Please keep it :D

Thanks, im quite proud of the leg considering i only have a blunt knife, dented clippers and my girlfriends ruined nail file as tools.

i have made progress on the Obliteraptor!

gallery_38604_4022_415072.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_323108.jpg

still very much in progress but im quite pleased with it so far, let me know what you think!

SB

More progress

Put together more of Flussigkeit

gallery_38604_4022_115930.jpg

This is the Plasma CCweapon i made, any advise onthis would be great as i'm still not sure about it.

gallery_38604_4022_571349.jpg

and Ganimach has had more work done, im waiting for bits in the post before i can do much more

gallery_38604_4022_657043.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_221653.jpg

thanks for looking!

SB

There something off about Flussigkeit leg pose. Almost like he's about to take a squatting position. Maybe if I could see some more pics from different angles, might be an illusion of sorts.

Ganimach is going to look awesome! Can't wait to see him finished! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right!

i am back on the southcoast and back with all my bits and tools!

this is how stuff is going.

Flussigkeit is near enough complete

gallery_38604_4022_758337.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_985877.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_828681.jpg

Ganimach has made alot of progress, i am waiting on parts for the jump pack.

gallery_38604_4022_113181.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_323617.jpg

Also this is the progress for the "plague Champion" (seige breaker shield marines)

gallery_38604_4022_516387.jpg

and the plasma gun one will wield

gallery_38604_4022_199232.jpg

let me know what you think guys, hopefully ill have more up soon when forgeworld delivers.

SB

Loving the art style raptor.

May I ask what wire you used for the pipes on the armour?

thanks

its guitar wire but im not really (a very good) musician, i found it on bitsandkits.com its ne of the packs they do ion there.

SB

thanks Terminatorinhell

i see what you mean about the claws, i didn't want to make them look really long because the autocannon arm is already huge.

i have an update, my first 'plague marine', a champion with a powerfist and combiflamer.

gallery_38604_4022_534039.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_720579.jpg

i don't know whether i should make the whole squad using the doghouse gothic marine method or just to two champions, what do you guys think?

i also have an update on the Oblitoraptor (mostly his retinue)

he is now mounted on his base ready for me to mount the jump pack and have a third try at his face.

gallery_38604_4022_207709.jpg

his retinue are being made, being in close quarters with someone with the Oblit Virus makes it very likely to spread...

gallery_38604_4022_23725.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_5082.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_588020.jpg

so i thought i would model these guys just in the starting phases of the Oblit virus.

i also took a shot of my "best bitz" box, when i put all the cool looking bitz i am likely to use.

gallery_38604_4022_296375.jpg

and after week home this is what i have done to my desk...

gallery_38604_4022_11492.jpg

anyway, let me know what you think of the stuff and opinions on how i am doing to plague marine squad would be great

thanks

SB

Awesome! I'd been hopping your Iron Warriors would make a come back. The new minis are looking great. The guitar wire is particularly good.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Hopefully we'll get a new codex soon and your army will grow even more ;)

Check out the E Tenebrae Lux challenge if you haven't already. These guys would be perfect for it.

outstanding work brother!

one thing on the oblitoraptor though. it looks like his right leg is going to be entangled in the base decoration, maybe you should place him a little more to the front of the base...

Very nice work dude \m/

Awesome! I'd been hopping your Iron Warriors would make a come back. The new minis are looking great. The guitar wire is particularly good.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Hopefully we'll get a new codex soon and your army will grow even more :)

Check out the E Tenebrae Lux challenge if you haven't already. These guys would be perfect for it.

a new codex is a must, i hope we get legion traits!

i checked out the link and took the plunge, i have sworn Flussigkeit and Ganimach with his retinue to the cause!

It still lives!

it does indeed.

outstanding work brother!

one thing on the oblitoraptor though. it looks like his right leg is going to be entangled on the base decoration, maybe you should place him a little more to the front of the base...

thanks, you are right about the leg, i dont know whether than is the picture or the model, i will take a closer look later.

Fantastic conversions!

Really looking good!

Archived