Rayray's WIP For Vow Completion

Rayray

Not sure how familiar you are with photobucket, but if you use the link with the [ IMG ] tags around it, you can have them shown right here, rather than having to follow the link.

like so

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/002.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/SwVow1.jpg

That aside, I look forward to what you do with these! Good luck with such a large vow! :)

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/003.jpg

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/004.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Base coats finished... on to more tedious portions of this project

If i finish the vow early, i might add a few more termies.... but more pics later this evening. LR has been base coated with paint, and lunch here at work will consist of painting details on these WG TDA. WLk and i will be cranking painted models out like vending machines vend sodas.

If i finish the vow early, i might add a few more termies.... but more pics later this evening. LR has been base coated with paint, and lunch here at work will consist of painting details on these WG TDA. WLk and i will be cranking painted models out like vending machines vend sodas.

Dont count me with your craziness. I plan on a respectable 10 or so models a week, less if the NY Rangers make the Finals!

WLK

Awww....c'mon, don't give me that cop-out. Just crank up the Amon Amarth, tell peachy to make you a sandwhich, and get to crankin!

hey, you took a small break for your girlfriend, i'm potentially taking a break for hockey.

we all know hockey trumps girlfriends.

WLK

Awww....c'mon, don't give me that cop-out. Just crank up the Amon Amarth, tell peachy to make you a sandwhich, and get to crankin!

hey, you took a small break for your girlfriend, i'm potentially taking a break for hockey.

we all know hockey trumps girlfriends.

WLK

except for the fella across the pond - I had my breaks, when Chelsea won both Champion's League and European Championship :lol: - just got to contend with getting back to work next week and painting in between/after that haha

The blue is easy, though unfinished on these models. I have a habit of not investing time in lightning effects on more than ICs, so I simply start with a very dark blue, and half and half with skull white until i am only using the skull white. i believe the dark blue is royal blue in vallejo. aside from the base coat, the whole deal is dry-brushing.

I like doing a glowing effect on the crux terminatus on the shoulder pads. Ideas on what color would look good? im stumped.

The blue is easy, though unfinished on these models. I have a habit of not investing time in lightning effects on more than ICs, so I simply start with a very dark blue, and half and half with skull white until i am only using the skull white. i believe the dark blue is royal blue in vallejo. aside from the base coat, the whole deal is dry-brushing.

I like doing a glowing effect on the crux terminatus on the shoulder pads. Ideas on what color would look good? im stumped.

I'll try that effect for this vow - I'm doing 7 termies, 1 of which is a Lord with Claws :( - thanks for the info, would love to see a tutorial for it at some point hehe

I'd suggest a gold under-layer and then do the dlowing with a nice orange, as it shouldn't overshadow the detailing or the gold, and still give of the glowing effect you desire :)

Also your LR is a beauty mate.

I'll try that effect for this vow - I'm doing 7 termies, 1 of which is a Lord with Claws :unsure: - thanks for the info, would love to see a tutorial for it at some point hehe

I'd suggest a gold under-layer and then do the dlowing with a nice orange, as it shouldn't overshadow the detailing or the gold, and still give of the glowing effect you desire ^_^

Also your LR is a beauty mate.

trust me, for all the crap i give Ray, he is one of the best painters i have ever met. And easily my favorite opponent and sometimes team-mate.

WLK

Eh...plenty of better painters about. favorite opponent? giving a lot of credit for once......whatt?!? :tu:

Your painting is amongst the best in Jax, especially when you factor in the speed in which you produce stuff.

and yea, dont let it go to your head, it wont happen again.

WLK

Long fangs primed and will be base coated before the evening is over. rotating projects makes for such an easier time painting....

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg512/sepherum/003-2.jpg

I appreciate it. Hopefully i can hook the razorback up as well. Looking at everyone else's wip for this deal has made painting a compulsion. Pretty inspiring.

I appreciate it. Hopefully i can hook the razorback up as well. Looking at everyone else's wip for this deal has made painting a compulsion. Pretty inspiring.

Ray, I just saw this last night! Dude! lookin good! I am still boged down on the vehicles.. but I like your free hand very much. You may have started something here...

Keep it up!

Archived