The Revenant Crusade

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet looking EC. What by chance did you construct him from?

And way to go on your first vow. A 1000 points is an amazing accomplishment.

Cheers,

Heh, my vow wasn't 1000 points, I just used the challenge as an excuse to pull my finger out and actually finish a game worthy army. I've been collecting, on and off, for about 13 years and never managed to get more than a couple of hundred points finished. I have so many unbuilt / unpainted minis it's unreal.

As for what I made the EC from, the body and legs are Forge World Mk III (I think) pieces, the head is from a Grey Knights terminator. The bolt pistol is from the standard assault marines set while the left arm is from a space marine power sword arm, the backpack is also a standard space marine one. The laurel wreath on the head is from the terminators box set and the tabard was my first attempt at green-stuff. The right arm is the most complicated piece. I took the hand from the assault marine power sword, the arm from the power axe and the sword is from an empire general from WHFB. The shoulder pads are both from the space marine commander set...

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!

Skull backpack exaust are a very nice touch! Did you use the command squad champion's chest piece? The templar cross on there is well done. Green stuff?

Pose wise, he looks like he's falling backwards (mostly in the first picture), do you have something in mind for that?

Looking good!

Skull backpack exaust are a very nice touch! Did you use the command squad champion's chest piece? The templar cross on there is well done. Green stuff?

Pose wise, he looks like he's falling backwards (mostly in the first picture), do you have something in mind for that?

The chest piece is indeed the command squad champion's. As for the templar cross, I wish my green stuff skills were that good. No, I simply snipped the cross off a spare holy orb of antioch and filed the back down, as well as filing the small shield on the chest piece so they sat more or less flush. The skulls were taken from the old (1999, I think) skeleton warriors regiment box set for WHFB. Regarding the pose, I actually hadn't noticed that. I'll need to fix that, thanks for the catch...!

Ah, that makes sense. Job well done, the chest looks good and templary!

I keep earing about those old skeleton warriors.. They make backpack exaust vents, they make chaplain helmets... I need to find a TARDIS and get myself a box of those (or maybe second hand might be easier ^_^ ).

They were an absolutely fantastic set. Brilliant for Legion of the Damned conversions as well.

On another note, I meant to say above that the weapons for Marshal v.2 are all going to be magnetised so I also have a storm bolter, combi-melta, bolt pistol and plasma pistol for his right hand and a chain-sword, chain-sword with bionic arm, power sword and lightning claw for the left. If anybody wants to see any of these combination, just let me know and I'll post pics...

Nicely done! The pose looks like "I'm open, come try me if you dare" :lol:

Blue plasma/power weapon effects are the best color for BT I htink. We use so little blue that it stands out a lot as an accent and balances the color scheme very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I needed some more fire power for my crusade, so here's my Predator.

med_gallery_66648_7285_1188816.jpg

The side sponsons are magnetised so I can add more las-cannons when I pick up more sponson mounts from a bitz store, but in the meantime I wanted to go for versatility...

• 5 weeks later...

Archived