Clan Sorrgol - Iron Hands

Hi all i have been a long time gamer and long time lurker on b&c and thought it about time i posted some wip stuff.

So these are my Iron Hands. They are painted using washes and then detail picked out. im not an amazing painter so dont expect any thing golden deamon worthy ;)

hope u enjoy and c & c are more than welcome

Tactical Squad

gallery_45239_7305_109791.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_2206873.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_686600.jpg

my tactical sergeant. i have magnetized the arms for different weapon load outs. Will post pics once i have done the other various weapons

gallery_45239_7305_2220611.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_1046955.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_933333.jpg

Dreadnought

gallery_45239_7305_1092499.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_768832.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_1846590.jpg

This is my company champion. I have scratch built the bionics on the arm and leg. (my first time ever scratch building anything)

i used watch parts for the cogs etc.

gallery_45239_7305_481813.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_788050.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_2084824.jpg

more to come soon

are those the bitz from the iron hands upgrade sprue if so how many shoulder pads do you get with the upgrade pack...or actually what do you get in the pack

You get ten shoulder pads, two different sets of legs, two torsos, two sets of matched arms (four total, set to hold bolters), and four types of heads. Plus, a bionic arm holding a thunder hammer.

Looking great here mate. The converted bionics on the Company Champion look great, loving the little cogs on. Your take on the paint schemr is also interesting. It could perhaps do with a darker layer, but that is just personal preference and I'm liking where you are going with this.

Very good work!

I think that's a very nice alternative to black (which is always difficult to highlight). How did you do it?

Love the OSL on the sergeant's plasma pistol, and great use of watch parts on the champion!

thanks for the comments.

QUOTE (recon0321 @ Jun 3 2012, 04:53 AM)

are those the bitz from the iron hands upgrade sprue if so how many shoulder pads do you get with the upgrade pack...or actually what do you get in the pack

yep just like deus ex said.i have heard that they are doing the iron hands kit as a upgrade kit in fine cast.dont know how true this is or if it has happened already.

QUOTE (georgeapg @ Posted Today, 06:29 AM)

i love them but they can be darker

i have done a couple with a few more washes of nuln oil but wasnt impressed with the out come. i think the trouble is that with doing it with washes that u get natural highlights and the camera really emphasised the highlights. they do look a bit darker in person but i can totally see your and ThisisJimmy's point, but i am quite pleased with how they look now and that it is a slight different scheme to the norm :wink:

Got a family BBQ today but hopefully i will get the dread finished and posted

thanks again for all c & c

Very good work!

I think that's a very nice alternative to black (which is always difficult to highlight). How did you do it?

Love the OSL on the sergeant's plasma pistol, and great use of watch parts on the champion!

Thanks. I primed the model grey. 1 wash of nuln oil, 1 wash of devlin mud (what ever it is called now), then about 4 washes of nuln oil. i did try a few models with more washes but the details started to get clogged up and they started to look abit "blotchy" if that makes sense.so i found a total of 5-7 washes the best.

Hi there.

i got some forge World bits through the other day so i decided to start my conversion for my Clan Leader. It is based on Tyberos, the red wake.

Here are a few wip pics of the bionics

gallery_45239_7305_2127082.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_1661954.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_1013585.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_836396.jpg

what do you think?

also im unsure whether to file down the chest and attempt something on it or to leave it as it is.any suggestions?

I love them ;)

Seems like there are a fair few Iron Hands (and successors) players around lately, myself included.

Could be the start of something good :P

Excellent idea using watch bitz. I may have to er borrow that idea ^_^

As for the last dude, I'm not sure which way I'd go. What did you have in mind if you cut all of the detail away?

In either case, very inspiring to me :lol:

thanks for the positive feedback.

Here are a few more pics of the progress on my clan commander

The storm shield i will be using is from the front hatch of the land raider.it looks alot bigger in the pic than actually is, dam perspective :)

gallery_45239_7305_229096.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_1067736.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_1324855.jpg

gallery_45239_7305_208535.jpg

apart from wanting to add 2 wires to the calf bionics (i need to get hold of some guitar string) and cleaning up the greenstuff the leg is pretty much finished.

@ Aquilanus : for the chest i was thinking maybe filing it down and attempting to do a mechanicus cog on a chain.

Looking good dude.

Your right about the pictures making them look brighter, they are darker in real life.

I'm impressed with the bionics, where'd you say you got the cogs from? Was it hasselfree?

I'll try and dig out some guitar wire and bring it with me when I come over tomorrow... Dammit, I'm going to have to get a move on with my wolves now aren't I!!

Keep it up though.

Looking good dude.

Your right about the pictures making them look brighter, they are darker in real life.

I'm impressed with the bionics, where'd you say you got the cogs from? Was it hasselfree?

I'll try and dig out some guitar wire and bring it with me when I come over tomorrow... Dammit, I'm going to have to get a move on with my wolves now aren't I!!

Keep it up though.

Stinkenheim!

I'd thought you'd fallen off the face of Asaheim! Yes, yes you do need to get back to your wolves good sir so you can inspire the rest of us! :)

Kidding aside it's good to see on of the old wolves that got me inspired! Hope to see more from you soon. Also, check out the ETL challenge! We sure could use the help in the Aett! :D

Looking good dude.

Keep it up though.

Stinkenheim!

I'd thought you'd fallen off the face of Asaheim! Yes, yes you do need to get back to your wolves good sir so you can inspire the rest of us! :)

Kidding aside it's good to see on of the old wolves that got me inspired! Hope to see more from you soon. Also, check out the ETL challenge! We sure could use the help in the Aett! :)

Cheers Stink and im looking forward to beating your wolves tomo :D

im always on at him to get on with his wolves but he never listens to me

• 3 weeks later...

Archived