Some Ultramarine's E Tenebrae Lux updates

roooooot

My vow

I roooooot answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Terminator Assault Squad Masavo (200 pts - 40 for pre-painted Sgt = 160) attached to Ultramarines Chaplain Exomnius (135pts), along with a 2nd Company Landspeeder Typhoon (90pts), Vindicator Xenos Thirster from the Armory (120pts), whilst Librarius artificers construct new armor for Librarian Wiktor (custom conversion, 115pts), Marneus Calgar has donned the Armor of Antilochus and is wading into the fray of battle (265pts) from Codex: Space Marines of total value 885 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ultramarines Chapter and I shall know no fear in the face of failure.

Assault squad + chaplain beginnings:

gallery_62416_6466_140106.jpg

Landspeeder start:

gallery_62416_6466_1011609.jpg

Completed Chaplain Exomnius:

gallery_62416_6466_292243.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_379857.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_69141.jpg

Librarian conversion:

gallery_62416_6466_340544.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_104536.jpg

Gotta sculpt a psychic hood (which will be my first use of green stuff beyond gap filling, eep!), and the sword is being replaced with a staff that has yet to arrive from a bitz supplier.

@The_Chaplain: I tried that initially, and was totally stoked on how easy it would be until I realized it only really works on non-helmetted heads. The nubbins plus the cabling on the sides of the helmet I was gonna use proved to make it much too wide. I greenstuffed a pretty simple one. It's not amazing, but it does the trick.

@Captain Juan Juarez: Thanks!

@Brother Syth: Thankya! The skull and purity seals are indeed from FW, the book and scroll is from MAXMINI. The last piece I am waiting on is a GK warding staff.

gallery_62416_6466_160071.jpg

It needs some cleanup, but after much cursing it's on there. Gonna trim and sand it down something tonight probably.

I also trimmed the sword off and repositioned his hand to hold a staff better.

I would suggest making the psychic hood part of the helmet. At the moment the helmet is to big for you to sculpt a psychic hood as a separate piece without making its head look too big.

Actually, I like this idea. It makes sense that it would be integrated into the helmet. Plus this is much easier for my rudimentary green stuff skills.

Glad I could be of some help. :)

You might not even need any greenstuff for this, actually, since the basic shape of the hood is somewhat already on the helmet. All you would need to do is to drill some holes to insert the wires and you're good to go.

Edit: Sorry posted in the wrong thread!

These are looking really good. I like the librarian. Ive just done something similar with a damaged special edition "disco" marine

Glad I could be of some help. :lol:

You might not even need any greenstuff for this, actually, since the basic shape of the hood is somewhat already on the helmet. All you would need to do is to drill some holes to insert the wires and you're good to go.

I like the way you think.

Really quick update after getting slammed at work and masochistically starting a Skaven army (horde armies! how do people cope with the volume of painting?!)

Almost have these dudes finished. Need some detailing and minor weathering and hammers and such.

gallery_62416_6466_1091606.jpg

Got Calgar all based in blue, and I stare at the Vindicator in the box and am loath to assemble yet another Rhino chassis.

More updizzles.

Landspeeder complete

gallery_62416_6466_282607.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_236953.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_53197.jpg

Ol' Marnie pants in his fancy armour.

gallery_62416_6466_166966.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_260913.jpg

Vindicator waiting for weathering

gallery_62416_6466_30085.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_181114.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_397296.jpg

770 pts completed. Still waiting on a bitz order to finish the librarian.

Great hazard stripes on the vindi blade!

Good old scotch tape to the rescue/

Calgar actually looks good with a helmet on. Awesome work there Rooot - i see you've nearly finished, good job ;). I wish i'd managed to get as much stuff done as you have so far. Will you be taking a second vow after this one is complete?

It was due partly to my inability of doing nice faces, and partly my weirdness over having unhelmeted marines. Can't have the chapter master breathing in all those noxious alien atmosphere fumes.

And yah I think I will be reupping a vow. I have the rest of Calgar's honour squad sitting on my self with just primer on them, and plus I imagine between now and the ETL vow end date I'll have a Storm Talon (or two).

RESPECT!

Calgar with a helmet looks immense, even more dominating IMO. The weathering on the landspeeder looks really good. I especially like the streak effect on the wings as it gives the impression of it having sped through explosions of tanks it has just popped with its melta, having bits of shrapnel and wreckage bouncing of its hull.

Vindicator looks a beast. I second Brother Richard on the Dozer Blade :)

Cheers

Bitz order finally arrived! I've done a ton more work on him since I took this, I should have my initial vow complete by the weekend.

gallery_62416_6466_299714.jpg

gallery_62416_6466_214405.jpg

(Chant) Roooooot! Roooooot! Roooooot!

Nice Librarian. Truly unique. The back banner is superb in all its ostentatious glory, suiting of the Ultramarines. (which is quite a mouthful for a Raptor to utter).

You should have plenty of fun fielding him in 6th edition.

Great work

Archived