Oblivion Warriors CSMs

Well the unthinkable has happened, proud Cambrius has begun to dabble in the ways of Chaos. :lol: I'll hopefully be fully starting a recently turned Chaos Space Marine army this Summer and possibly when the new Codex is released I can really get to grips with them. Thus far I have the one test mini completed below, but more is coming soon when I start my WIP thread. :P

+++

Once proud sons of Emperor, the Oblivion Warriors fought for the Imperium with pride, until they were betrayed by the Mechanicum of Mars and the High Lords of Terra at the end of the 40th Millennium. Breaking ties with the Imperium and declaring themselves independent, the Oblivion Warriors eventually found solace within the Eye of Terror after being hounded and relentlessly hunted by the Imperium's forces. Given aid by a Greater Daemon, the Oblivion Warriors pledged themselves to fight in the name of Chaos, striking back in vengeance and hatred at the Imperium they once fought for.

"Their armour is the colour of a baleful orange and all consuming black, steel and bronze adorn their armour in abhorrent decorations. These Traitor Astartes are all consumed in their loathing of our Imperium and wish to see all remnants of the Imperium's governing bodies destroyed in the fires of Chaos." - Lord Inquisitor Varros of the Ordo Hereticus after witnessing the Burning of Solan Primus at the hands of the Oblivion Warriors.

gallery_26154_7186_11885.jpg

gallery_26154_7186_69713.jpg

gallery_26154_7186_46360.jpg

That's all for now, I intend to have my CSMs to have both Imperial and Chaos armour to represent their recent turning and how it is warping into a more pleasing shape to the eyes of the Mighty Four. Naturally all images of the Corpse Emperor's Imperium will be despoiled on their armour. :huh:

Coming soon will be an Aspiring Champion when I relocate my paint pots and tools after returning finally form University.

Cambrius

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

Welcome to the recently-renegade set, brother! I'm starting up a renegade force myself and I highly commend your use of desecrated Imperial armour. It just looks great, seeing all those spartan Astarted plates hacked up and daubed with Chaotic symbols! Ooh, it gives me a deliciously evil shudder just thinking about it! The black and orange colours work really well, and green really was the only logical choice for the eye-lenses. It looks good!

Good luck with gathering your warband!

Od.

Thanks Odsox! Alas the defaced Aquilla isn't very visible on this Astartes, but it'll be a lot more obvious on my future models hopefully. :) The green did seem just right for the eye lenses, I'm looking forwards to how it'll look in a standard SM helmet in the future when I paint my future minis up.

Cambrius

Do like it a lot. Just can't wait to see terminators and vehicles with that great paint scheme. Even with the same colors of the Pyre, your marine really feels different, good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a few days, and here comes another update with a freshly finished miniature! This model's one that was lined up for my project of Operation Reclamation, however I figured this formerly abused Black Templar would find themselves more fitting in the armour of the betrayed sons that are the Oblivion Warriors.

Thus we have Warrior Cradon, I tried my hand at another freehand Chaos star, this time on his helmet to break up the Imperial head and on the chainsword, you may notice some chaotic writings on the blade cover:

gallery_26154_7186_26635.jpggallery_26154_7186_31544.jpggallery_26154_7186_24183.jpggallery_26154_7186_23370.jpggallery_26154_7186_14287.jpg

And finally, here is the next model to be worked on, which is my Aspiring Champion, he's got a lot more chaos bitz on him compared to the previous two, the only Imperial bits being his legs and Power Fist.

gallery_26154_4148_21670.jpg

And that is all for now. :yes: Comments/critiques welcomed!

Cambrius

• 2 weeks later...
YES!!!! The first Marines I ever owned where a gift from a really good artist. He had painted them to sale and after 3 months in "The Case" he gifted them to me. The only thing anyone ever said about them was "They would be great if not Orange". I for one loved those marines and hate an ex for melting them in the oven (Ohhh yes its true) anyway. I love the work you have done here, and the orange is wonderful. Never have I seen Orange done better!

Spotted and fixed Lucien. Thanks fore pointing it out. :) I've now basecoated the Aspiring Champion and he'll be ready to paint very shortly over the comign few days. :)

Cambrius

Archived