Ancient Brother Rasputin

Creeger

Welcome to my W.I.P. thread! I'd like you to meet Anciet Brother Rasputin, the object of my extended E Tenebrae Lux vow. (see my first, completed vow here)

He's, what the Dawn of War video games call, a Hellfire Dreadnought. Equipped with a twin-linked lascannon and missile launcher. My current meta has a lot of heavy armor in it and I'm hoping Rasputin can hunker down in some cover and blast some of it out of my way.

He's to be part of my Liber Astartes chapter, the Imperial Skulls, serving as the 2nd Dreadnoght of my 3rd company.

As you can see, he's been primed and has a bit of base color on his legs already. I have a habit of slopping extra paint on random unfinished models rather than wasting it when I'm painting. Rasputin caught a little base color off my last project.

He's all plastic, of course, and his body comes from the Assault on Black Reach box set. I had the weapons left over from my first dreadnought kit, Ancient Brother Creed, who's equipped with an assault cannon and close combat arm. I added a chunk of broken glass and a skull from a fantasy skeleton to fill in some of the empty space on his large base.

I'm a slow painter, so he'll probably take me a few weeks to complete.

gallery_65424_7286_151971.jpg

Thank for following my project!

I've been super busy lately and haven't gotten nearly as much painting time as I'd have liked, but I did get to work on my dreadnought this evening. Rasputin got a lot of his metal bits based, washed, and one layer of highlights applied to them as well as some base coat colors on the rest of him. Hopefully more to come shortly!

gallery_65424_7286_175279.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm back from vacation and back to work on my vow. This evening I got the highlights all done on my green armor plates and the decretive rock on the base. Then, I fixed all the metal bits that I slopped green on! (Should have highlighted the green before finishing the metals, Doh!) I finished up my painting session with a little brown base coating. I'd like to finish Rasputin this week if things don't explode at work. We'll see.

gallery_65424_7286_184324.jpg

Rasputin is almost done. I think I'll complete him the next chance I get to paint. I just need to put a couple transfers on (notice the varnished leg armor, ready for a transfer) and do a few touchups. Then I'll base a seal him up. So, expect final pictures soon!

gallery_65424_7286_18486.jpg

He's done! Ancient Brother Rasputin, 3rd Dreadnought of the Imperial Skulls' 3rd company, is ready to bring the Emperor's wrath upon the enemies of man.

I'm very please with how this paint job turned out and enjoyed doing it. The only thing I wish I'd done different is to have finished his armor highlights before I started basing some of the other parts of him. I ended up having to paint his metal bits twice because I got so much green slopped on them.

Ancient Rasputin has vowed to dedicate his first kill in his new form as a Dreadnought to Captain Semper, to honor the good captain's efforts in hosting the E Tenebrae Lux.

Thank you Captain Semper!

gallery_65424_7286_260331.jpg

Why thank you sir! A hero of the Imperium's first kill in Dreadnought form is an honor I do not deserve! (Oh, all right then... go on)! :cuss

This is fantastic work there Creeger - as per usual may I add! You are painting to a very high standard and your Dread has tons of character too! Imperial Skulls FTW!!! ;)

Archived