A tale of 20 gamers, a galaxy asunder.

After watching the "tale of 17 gamers" I was wondering if anyone would want to do a similar thing only for the Heresy, with a person picking each legion and then doing a 5 man squad and then going from there. Possible deadline for the first 5 marines being the last day of August?

I'd fancy doing some Salamanders, am thinking a mixture of mark II,III, IV and VI to represent their skills in artifice meaning that not all suits of a certain type were lost, including the experimental mark VI suits they had So would anyone else be up for it?

Are we allowed to continue present armies we have? I'd love to do Iron Hands, continuing my small army - which was started last December and consists of about 26 marines so far.

I haven't touched them for 2-ish months due to my exams, but with my first year over, a challenge like this would be just what I need to start them up again :)

(So put me down for a maybe?)

Hmm, i would be very interested in doing heresy era Force. but since im already Doing Marines Errant in a tale of 17, ill wait a bit, recheck my financial situation, then maybe put my name forward after everyone else has a chance to sign up.

Hmmm, I really like the idea, but considering I was unable to complete even a single model in the other challenge due to RL circumstances, I am somewhat reluctant to join. I think I will see how much interest develops, and check my schedule. Though I'm only interested in doing 1 legion, so if someone else goes for it first, then fair enough. :D

Are we allowed to continue present armies we have? I'd love to do Iron Hands, continuing my small army - which was started last December and consists of about 26 marines so far.

I haven't touched them for 2-ish months due to my exams, but with my first year over, a challenge like this would be just what I need to start them up again :D

(So put me down for a maybe?)

yeah, can't see any problems with that. So at the moment it is:

Me:Salamanders

Mr Malevolent: Thousand sons (out of interest, which colour scheme are you thinking of doing or are you going to do it sothere armour is changing like in the picture in collected visions?)

Huberticus: Iron hands

Am thinking the last of august would be good as first deadline as that gives everyone time to sign up, save up/order stuff and work on other projects, also means I wouldn't have to take the stuff with me to do whilst on a dig ;)

Would a 5 man squad be good for everyone?

Mr Malevolent: Thousand sons (out of interest, which colour scheme are you thinking of doing or are you going to do it sothere armour is changing like in the picture in collected visions?)

I believe the Collected Visions scheme was red and gold? Which is what I was aiming for anyways haha.

There was a pic where Ahriman and a squad of marines from the legion were at a meeting of the traitors, and their armour was changing from red to blue, the blue almost seemed to be creeping over them, and it wuld be interesting to see someone to do that, I know I couldn't.

There was a pic where Ahriman and a squad of marines from the legion were at a meeting of the traitors, and their armour was changing from red to blue, the blue almost seemed to be creeping over them, and it wuld be interesting to see someone to do that, I know I couldn't.

Hmmm I actually like that!

I'll probably start off painting most of them pure Red and maybe give a try with the blue morphing later on.

I also want to state that I will be using the Age of the Emperor Expansion rules from the Tempus Fugitives.

I originally thought about going Counts As Grey Knights but I just love the rules presented in the Age of the Emperor Expansion.

Less OP and more fluffy IMO.

I'll still be using Age of the Emperor just for Emperors Children instead :angry:

im really interested in doing an iron warriors army. am i at the right place here? not really trusting my fluff knowledge all that much as of yet :tu:

As long as your going for Pre-Heresy/Heresy era your in the right place mate!

Try downloading the Tempus Fugitives Age of the Emperor Expansion rules to give you a good idea on fluffy Iron Warriors.

All you have to do is sign up (its free) HERE and then download the PDF.

Its really a great expansion thats not crazy over the top.

With a decent ETL vow (1800pts) as well as Fire Hawks for A Tale of 17 Gamers, I'm pretty full up. But.....I'm gunna feed my addiction and lay claim to the 1st Legion. Should anyone else want them, I'm happy to give them up, I just can't leave the Dark Angels unrepresented.

Cheers,

Jono

Ok I'm going to organize us all while we are still on the first page (hope this is ok with you Rune Priest).

I'll edit this when more join and if anyone backs out and such.

A tale of 20 gamers: Horus Heresy

The Legios Astartes

I Dark Angels: mikhail

II Unkown: All records lost.

III Emperor's Children: MordetnHex

IV Iron Warriors: Mr.Malevolent

V White Scars: ThisisJimmy

VI Space Wolves: Toxichobbit

VII Imperial Fists: the damned artificer

VIII Night Lords: Desperta Ferro

IX Blood Angels: WarSpirit

X Iron Hands: Huberticus

XI Unkown: All records lost.

XII World Eaters: Cynder Ash

XIII Ultramarines: Gawain Veteris

XIV Death Guard: Death Guard Trooper

XV Thousand Sons: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

XVI Sons of Horus: sheep

XVII Word Bearers: Lord Angrypants

XVIII Salamanders: Rune Priest Ridcully

XIX Raven Guard: Born Offside

XX Alpha Legion: NightHunters

Non-Astartes

Adeptus Custodes: Brother Chaplain Kage

Sisters of Silence: Battle Brother Ludovic

Allright guys lets get this going!

Feel free to join in and grab a Legion before they are taken.

Cheers!

Would it be okay for you to take over the organisation? I have the organisational skill of a guinea pig on crack (As anyone who knows me can tell ;) )plus will be at Silchester excavations 15th july-12th of august, so would not be able to organise it then (the plan is to order/assemble them before I go, then paint during/after).

Hey its fine with me if its fine with you :tu:

So without further ado...*ahem*

Welcome to the...

Tale of 18 gamers, a galaxy asunder: Horus Heresy Motivational Thread

The Basics

The mission of this thread is to gather fellow Heresy enthusiasts under one motivational progress thread.

See a Legion no one else has grabbed? Then let me know by simply commenting and I'll update the roster for you.

Every hobbyist is required every month to work towards completing a Heresy Era Legion army and also motivating fellow hobbyists to do so as well.

During the course of every month every hobbyist that is able to, can submit W.I.P. updates to their monthly submission.

At the end of every month, each hobbyist is to submit at minimum, one painted 5 man squad.

However, you are not required to submit only a 5 man squad, you may submit anything you desire as long as it is a part of your Legion army.

Remember you are not required to keep up, if time is against you its no big deal as long as your contributing its fine. (Real life hits everyone in one way or another). If you feel like you can't contribute anymore feel free to just say your out and I will open the Legion for someone else to grab.

Submission Requirements

Your first 5 man squad is due for contribution on the 31st of August!

Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers!

Well you nicked the 3 fun ones allready so il just watch from the side while i tnker with my Red Scorpions

World Eaters, Sallies or Tsons where the ones fancied :tu: :tu: :)

I have a thread here with my crusade era IF but if it's allowed I'd love to join here as well and steal the seventh spot with the boys of Dorn, this will be great for motivating me to actually finishing some squads :tu: And August 31st sounds feasible too, I should be able to finish a 5 man squad by then :)

So is it a 5-10 man tac squad for starters or does other units count as well as I have a few to choose from then :tu:

I have a thread here with my crusade era IF but if it's allowed I'd love to join here as well and steal the seventh spot with the boys of Dorn, this will be great for motivating me to actually finishing some squads :) And August 31st sounds feasible too, I should be able to finish a 5 man squad by then :P

So is it a 5-10 man tac squad for starters or does other units count as well as I have a few to choose from then :)

Welcome aboard damned artificer!

Basically you can submit a 5-10 man squad or anything else, like a Contemptor, Primarch etc.

I just threw in the squad just so everyone has a basic "minimum" to go off of.

Hope that answers your question!

Well you nicked the 3 fun ones allready so il just watch from the side while i tnker with my Red Scorpions

World Eaters, Sallies or Tsons where the ones fancied :tu: :tu: :)

Sorry mate.

Hope you enjoy the progress though!

Welcome aboard damned artificer!

Basically you can submit a 5-10 man squad or anything else, like a Contemptor, Primarch etc.

I just threw in the squad just so everyone has a basic "minimum" to go off of.

Hope that answers your question!

And yeah that sounds great, I have a growing force with a lot of different units planned, and Dorn is already under way so expect to see him at some point as well :tu:

Archived