Does Dantes weapon count as an AXE?

daboarder

Page 48 – Sanguinary Priests, Blood Chalice.

Change first sentence to: “All friendly units chosen from Codex:

Blood Angels within 6" are subject to the Furious Charge and

Feel No Pain special rules”.

double arg =/

All hail the all conquering imperial guard, with their ATSKNF blob squads of doom and devastation. :)

Glaive Encarmine has gotta be a USR weapon, surely. A two-handed master crafted weapon sounds pretty unique to me.

Also, Glaive Encarmine axes are not called axes. They are called Glaive Encarmines. Does this argument hold water or am I clutching at straws?

is it just me, or is this question in the faq rather strange...?

"Independant chararacters that have succumbed to the red thirst can only join the Death Company, and units that have also succumbed to the red thirst"

I know of no independant character that has the red thirst rule, let alone the ability to succumb to it...

And: sucks for dante.

Page 48 – Sanguinary Priests, Blood Chalice.

Change first sentence to: “All friendly units chosen from Codex:

Blood Angels within 6" are subject to the Furious Charge and

Feel No Pain special rules”.

Actually, I like this one. :ph34r:

I also noticed that bikers have now a permanent T5

Glaive Encarmine has gotta be a USR weapon, surely. A two-handed master crafted weapon sounds pretty unique to me.

Also, Glaive Encarmine axes are not called axes. They are called Glaive Encarmines. Does this argument hold water or am I clutching at straws?

No your right they are "unique power weapons with their own rules"

No your right they are "unique power weapons with their own rules"

:ph34r:

indeed, i see nothing that states dante has an axe rather than the axe mortalis - note that it has a unique name and while simplistic, it's own special rules..

also note they felt the need to specifically state with lemartes, where they didn't with Dante/Sanguinary guard.

Just noticed vv dont get the reroll for assault or the bonus attack at i10 as it counts as using the jump pack in the movement phase :P

Initial thought on dante is it sucks but is it really.

Ive played dante a lot and ive often wanted him to have higher strength like he used to ages ago. S4 was always the crux when trying to get a wound through, often he couldnt hurt my opponent. Yes he goes at initiative 1 but with 4A basic +1 for charging +1 for the axe and +1 for the banner (as i play him with sang guard) hes got 7 attacks, always at s5 due to the axe with ap2. Thats pretty awesome.

Given his save of +2 and hopefully with a priest around he will be a hard to take down whilst hes having a cuppa waitingto attack but he will prove worthy of taking on the hard stuff in your opponents army. Im rather liking him now. Hes one of the characters that could go toe to toe with the godlike terminators if he had to :ph34r:

Maybe its not all doom and gloom for him.

Then again if it is a special weapon he hits first with a truck load of attacks but its only ap3 and s4. Doesnt his squad already do that anyway. At least with the axe he provides more flexibility and variation to the squad.

indeed, i see nothing that states dante has an axe rather than the axe mortalis - note that it has a unique name and while simplistic, it's own special rules..

also note they felt the need to specifically state with lemartes, where they didn't with Dante/Sanguinary guard.

HMMM shifty but sure why not.

OH DAMN, I forgot it gave an extra attack, then that firmly puts it under a "power weapon with its own rules"

except due to a lack of eternal warrior - he'll get instant deathed in most fights - unless you opt NOT to accept a challenge and have him cower at the back :ph34r:

Still, I'll be using him as I6 AP3 S4 till there is an FAQ that flat out states his weapon isn't unique.

TRIUMPH, BROTHERS!

No FnP and FC for our allies! Actually no boni for anyone besides Blood Angels. Some faith in humanity GW has been restored! I'm a happy panda right now. only that I'm not fat or furry. :)

Sucks bigtime for Vanguard, though. No Hammer of Wrath. :(

Meph has Mastery Level 3, all good.

Snorri

PS: I'm a damn happy panda!

grey knights get a little blurb stipulating that their weapons are unusual :

Page 54 – Nemesis Force Weapons, Force Weapons.

Change the first sentence to read “Unless otherwise stated, all

Nemesis weapons are Unusual Force Weapons, as detailed in

the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook.”

so guess that means glaive encarmines/axe mortalis probably are axes if they look like one - i may just replace dantes axe with a sword and only use sword based sanguinary guard. The point remains that Dante's weapon isn't errata'd so theres no official stance on what he has - mine will have the Sword Encarmine from the blood quest novels :)

I don't see anything in here that rules Dantes has an Axe. I modeled my Dante with a sword, so does that mean my Dante has I6 while everyone elses Dante is I1?

Let's summarize what has happened to our special characters:

General changes:

All characters can allocate their attacks if that had a 6 on the roll to hit (this seems to include sergeants as well / this seems to be the case for both shooting and CC)

Picking out characters in close combat seems to have become harder. Page 64 says: "...wounds are allocated just as with normal assaults - the character cannot be singled out." There might be rules that contradict this though so don't get to exited by hard to kill priests.

An exception to this are challenges, in which characters can duel each other.

Your HQ with the highest LD will gain 'warlord' property. Which allows you to roll on one of three tables: Command, personal and strategy. Some of these seem to be better then others.

FAQ also states that independent characters succumbed to the red thirst can only join units that have succumbed to the red thirst or the death company. However I don't see any mention of our characters gaining the red thirst rule so I have no clue what it's for.

- Dante

Axe stikes at Initiative 1 Strength 5 AP2

Gained Hammer of Wrath rule on charge (from jump pack)

This is a I10 S4 (cannot be modified) AP- attack that auto hits.

Looks like his Tactical precision rule works if he joins an allied squad

- Astorath

Gained hammer of Wrath

Axe keeps Initiative 5 but is reduced to AP3 (though invunerable saves still get rerolled)

- Sanguinor

Gained hammer of wrath

Attacks with I6 S5 AP3

Aura does not work on allies

Sanguinors blessing does seem to work on allies

Furious charge only increase S no longer bonu to I on charge

- Mephiston

Force sword is now AP3

He can trade his fixed powers for random power from the rule book

not sure if Wings of Sanguinius grants hammer of wrath

- Tycho

Tycho one of the few character in the game who seems to have retained his ignore armour at high initiative. Looks like Tycho might see more use now since this seems to be a rare thing.

DC tycho's FNP is now 5+ instead of 4+ however it can be used against any non-instant death attacks.

- Corbulo

Chalice only works on codex: blood angels models no on allies.

Not sure if his 2+ FNP still works properly. RAW would be that his 2+ replaces his 4+ but since the 4+ is now 5+ the argument could be made that it no longer works. Doubt there is anyone who would do so though.

- Lemartes

FNP 5+ and works against all non instant death attacks

Gained hammer of wrath

Rage no longer forces movement and now give +2 attack on charge instead of +1

Blood Crozius is now a master crafted power maul. Hits at S+2 AP4 meaning wounded Lemartes who charges gets:

1x I10 S5 AP- attack (auto hit) (reroll to wound?)

That seems to be all I can find atm let me know if there's anything I forgot.

8x I6 S8 AP4 attacks rerolling to hit and wound

Two-handed master crafted weapon sounds USR to me. The Crozius Arcanum is Amended to be a power maul. Glaive Encarmines are not so therefore they remain Glaive Encarmines.

A named weapon for a special character sounds USR to me. In the FAQ Lemartes had his named master crafted weapon amended to be a power maul. Dante's Axe Mortalis is not amended.

Archived