Celestial Tigers - Art Scale? Or something like it...

Armond

This is my first ever marine. Looking to find a base to build my from my IA off of. Let me know, I am working to improve! No paint, just assembly/greenstuff.

482105_10151897587515249_1672912457_n.jpg

179110_10151897588905249_873840183_n.jpg

531676_10151897587905249_258069813_n.jpg

Hey, another fellow Alaskan! Well, I think he's looking pretty decent so far, except the odd fat roll he has going on between his chest and abdomen. I'm not really sure what that is, or is supposed to represent, but it looks a bit strange. Maybe smooth out the greenstuff into one solid chestplate.

Another suggestion would be to try out some P3 brown stuff. I've had better success myself gettingsharp edges and smoother flat surfaces with it in the past.

Hey, another fellow Alaskan! Well, I think he's looking pretty decent so far, except the odd fat roll he has going on between his chest and abdomen. I'm not really sure what that is, or is supposed to represent, but it looks a bit strange. Maybe smooth out the greenstuff into one solid chestplate.

I reckon it's supposed to be a separate plate of armour, which is fine with me. I think it just needs to be more angular to look 'right'.

Crap, I will throw some more GS in there and smooth it out. I swear the camera brings out everything! I can barely even see that with it right in front of me! Thanks for pointing it out to me!

Ya, here in Alaska for the next 2-3 years, first time messing with 40k so will be building a small army to play some games here!

Well my IA shows the colors; red, white, and golds for accent metals. Have to paint a test model and see where it goes. I just hope it comes out ok. Have the pieces for the captain and the rest of the command squad ready to be cleaned and assembled. Just need to get some clay shapers. Going for Artscale conversions.

Nice work overall... look forward to viewing a little paint.

The only thing that stands out as a little off to me is the size of the left forearm when compared to the thigh armor. I might just be a camera angle. Then again, I am not familiar with Art Scale.

Keep up the good work!

You mean the right arm? The left is a powerfist, I just want to make sure.

I just double checked the model, it is a camera angle. The forearm is a little more than half the thickness of the thigh. Which is close to correc based on putting my own forearm against my thigh.

I just want to get my clay shapers to make the GS more smooth on the next models.

Some updates:

4th Company Champion, Hwang

480033_10151921059235249_1838681292_n.jpg

hmmm, forgot the bolt pistol... Should that be modeled onto his arm instead of the chainsword?

Captain of the 4th Company, Sameseon

578820_10151921058995249_349292800_n.jpg

All 3 as of right now

555601_10151921058770249_2104494046_n.jpg

Not bad so far, looking forward to seeing these fellas in person! One thing I'd suggest would be P3 putty. It makes sharper edges when it dries, and it's a bit easier to control. You can usually pick up a tube at Bosco's in downtown.

Dang, now that is a good idea of using tartaros pattern legs as true scale marine legs. If I was into true scaling, I'd be tempted to yoink the idea. An ambitious beginning brother, but you've pulled it off well!

Thanks heathens, will have to try out the p3 stuff! I would love to learn a game with you sometime!

Thanks Chaplain! I am super excited to throw some paint down. Just found my paints after digging thru some unopened boxes from PCSing here from Japan! Picked a paint scheme I actually like better! Plus I plan to make and mold my chapter badges in the near future! Check out my IA for the newest color scheme and badge concept!

Ok, more work on three more marines. Not done, but getting there with them.

Apothecary Heo Jun

602487_10151943784080249_1065859599_n.jpg

Veteran Song

576036_10151943785055249_1030168185_n.jpg

Veteran Eung Sun

552507_10151943784625249_877168931_n.jpg

Group shot so far:

553958_10151943785525249_669992518_n.jpg

Like I said, obviously not done, but a good beginning I think for the three newest. I still need to throw on some shoulder pads and other equipment. Well a little more GS to do as well.

very nicely done brother. i like the addition of names too. might i ask, how good is youre painting skills, spicificly how small can you paint letters?

i once painted names on the base's of my models, but i didnt really like the look of it. ive sence started painting names on scroll work, and i think that would look great on youre models. you can easly green stuff some scroll work onto there legs/ chest/ shoulders if you like this idea.

it looks like youve green stuffed some sort of, possibly a tigers head? can we get an angle on that?

finaly, are the pistols on the power fist marine (i dont see a name for him) and veteran Eung Sun for design purpose, or is that for gaming purpose? unless 6th edition has changed anything, you dont get an extra attack in CC for a having a pistol w either of thoes weapons, so you maybe better off with a bolter or combi weapon. one thing the pistol does offer is you can shoot it the turn you charge, which admitantly is a nice bonus. but you can shoot the bolter/combi several turns before you can shoot the pistol. just a thought. id hate to see you fall into the same mistake i did when i first played.

great squad.

I paint pretty well if given the chance. I can use a small pen/marker to do names as well. I did consider some scrolls and whatnot, but am still on the fence.

That is a GS tiger, but it is a pain. I need to find a better way, perhaps take a spare pad and put the tiger on there and then cast a quick mold. I will have to test it, because I put it on a flat surface then cast it, and it was a PAIN to put it on the angled/rounded shoulder pad.

I should have really thought about the equipment more. I should have did bolters and combi-weapons. But then I have never played 40k so I have no clue what to do.

i would recomend combi plasma, as its the one time youre going to be "safe" with it. not plasma pistols, because you'll still only ever get the one shot with them, and the combi has better range, and not just regular plasma-guns, because there more expensive, and youre still likly to only ever get/need one shot.

Archived