New to the Wolf Pack

Argyle

Well I don't really play the game, I'm just in it for the hobby aspect really. Done some Black Templars and Grey Knights (still working on both actually) but I recently purchased several thousand points worth of wolves and here is my humble beginnings.

I'm on the fence as to weather or not this model has had enough done to it to scream space wolf. More specifically I'm on the fence as to weather or not it screams Wolf Priest, as that is what I had in mind when I started. I've already scratch built a Logan Grimnar so using this guy as a wolf Lord wouldn't be ideal, although the Logan model is much less...ornate? so I guess I could pass him off as a Joe Terminator.

Anyways, looking for some advice. Wolf Priest? Lord? Lone Wolf? Other?

How should I finish him off? Any other decorations, motif's? What should I toss on him for a weapon. I've been debating a a large hammer with the wing and wolf skull worked in to represent a crozius, or a more mundane crozius. Have also tossed around the idea of a broadsword or an axe.

Keep in mind I ask only from an aesthetically pleasing view point, I could care less for optimisation.

gallery_31762_5407_58618.jpg

gallery_31762_5407_91420.jpg

gallery_31762_5407_27510.jpg

And whatever he ends up as, heres a little taste of the beginnings of his Cadillac!!

gallery_31762_5407_38298.jpg

Aesthetically, he is quintessentially Space Wolfy in every way imaginable and a very impressive conversion. As for being a Wolf Priest, if you intend to abide by codex rules, Priests cannot equip stormshields, leaving your options at WL, WGBL, or LW.

Bullocks. Yeah although I dont care for optimisation I do atleast want to follow codex rules. For whatever reason I thought they could use a storm shield. Or perhaps I was just so excited by how cool the asterion moloc shield was that I 'convinced' myself they could.

Well that changes nothing, still looking for opinions here and if the general consensus is 'Wolf Priest' then Ill happily drop the shield and put it on a WG Hammernator. Starting to feel like maybe 'Lord' is his roll however.

I can actually see this guy being your own version of what Arjac, which would mean giving him a hammer of course. Could have him holding a chain attached to the end of a hammer that is dangling down from his hand, ready to be thrown.

It might also look kind of cool if you have an assault cannon in the other hand that he is swinging around to bear down on an enemy.

As wulfebane mentioned, our WP can't have storm shields so that really knocks that idea out of the park.

You may want to sand those omega symbols off the shield and legs.

I would also try to sculpt the left knee so it looks like the skull is part of the metal rather than just been slapped on. Also, the cape over the right shoulder is way too high though it looks like your starting to sculpt the fur along to there which is good. IF you dont mind the risk, you could try heating that right corner and try to warp it down to fit snugly against the armour.

On a side note, where is the original model from?

*Edit* Welcome to the pack brother. -Slides across a mug of mjod-

I was really disliking that corner of the cloak also, hafta agree on that. Unfortunately thats how the cloak fits. Looks the same on pretty much every terminator ive tried it on, im going to dremmel a small slit on the unterside then apply a bit of heat to see if i can bend it down a bit then sculpt it back to shape. The omega symbols will definately be covered up, just going to liquid greenstuff them in as well as the gaps around the skull on the right leg. the skull itself has already had a curved profile dremmeled to the back of it to make it fit snug so the gaps are small and will be easily filled. Advice is all very much appreciated guys and thanks for the warm welcome!

As for the original model...lets just say Asterion Moloc got run over by a pack of wolves.

If I'm not too late to the party, I just want to toss in a "+1" for Arjac; or at the very least giving him a very cool looking hammer.

And looking as cool as he does I'd always try to fit him in, be it as Arjac, Wolf Lord or WG Champion even.

I think you've done a great job making him look suitably Wolfy.

If I'm not too late to the party, I just want to toss in a "+1" for Arjac; or at the very least giving him a very cool looking hammer.

And looking as cool as he does I'd always try to fit him in, be it as Arjac, Wolf Lord or WG Champion even.

I think you've done a great job making him look suitably Wolfy.

I disagree with my brother wolves on the Arjac point.

I would really like to see this guy as a lone wolf and in my oppinion you should arm him with a long spear in a real viking like vibe. You could even call it a "power spear" or whatnot since the new rules enable that as well.

And also I'd like to reiterate Khines points on the modelling side. Other than that the model and his cadillac look really nice! If you paint as well as you convert I can't wait to see the finished miniature!

-Pup

Archived