True Scale Terminator Captain Prometheus

Dechande

I hope this is the right place to post this. I finished this model last Summer, he is a stand in for Vulkan He'stan, for use with my Ultramarine 3rd Company. I call him Captain Prometheus due to the bonuses he incurs on my flamer heavy army, I realise that isn't the name of the 'official' 3rd company captain, but hey...

I used some regular terminator parts for this, a load of green stuff and 'pro-create' (grey stuff), plasticard and a grey knight force weapon.

For size reference there is an unfinished regular space marine, one of my true scale honour guard (I also have a WIP thread for these), and a regular size dreadnought in the background. Hope you like it, any comments appreciated.

gallery_62466_7598_23219.jpg

gallery_62466_7598_13636.jpg

gallery_62466_7598_8442.jpg

gallery_62466_7598_49346.jpg

gallery_62466_7598_13414.jpg

gallery_62466_7598_42348.jpg

is it just the angle of the pic or is that terminator the same size as the dread behind it lol

It's the angle, to a degree. The top of the terminator is about level with the top of the sarcophagus. Not a great deal in it height wise. Guess I'll have to make a larger dreadnought!

As I stated in your Honor Guard thread, awesome stuff. You definitely have skills when it comes to sculpting, and your eye for proportions appears dead on to me.

Now get some paint on that puppy, sorry I mean Ultra Marine, so that you can truly call it complete.

-Adam

Thank you for the comments chaps.

@jeremy1391 I have considered commission work, although I am working on some bits and pieces that are scratch built and thinking about getting them cast for both my own use and to sell...

LOve the true scale artist's out there. GW needs to get on the wagon and start making all models scale to the fluff. Would make the games real interesting. I would love to see someone of your sculpting skills try to scale a Contemptor.

The argument against GW doing True/Art Scale Marines is that compared to Orks and Eldar they ARE pretty much to scale, it's just that guardsmen should be smaller, ie more in-line with the size of the Forgeworld Elysians, and the Vehicles that should be a bit bigger, 10 "normal" marines would struggle to get into a Rhino.

Rik

Thanks for the kind words, it's very much appreciated. I have another true scale terminator project on the go, that is even larger than this guy. I'll make a thread for him when I have some pics...

He is truely fantastic ! Respect brother !

One thing though, the power fist seems too small in comparison to the rest of the model.

cheers

Thanks. As he is a stand in for He'stan, the 'power fist' is actually just a glaive to hold the flamer parts. You're right though, if I was to give him a power fist it would have been larger than what he has.

Archived