Comments invited on the Path to Redemption Event

The Shadow Guard

I would like to enter, using the DA minis from Dark Vengeance, but I don't have a DA Codex (not buying the current one if another one is most likely to up soon), So I don't have access to points. Does points costs matter that much?

I would like to enter, using the DA minis from Dark Vengeance, but I don't have a DA Codex (not buying the current one if another one is most likely to up soon), So I don't have access to points. Does points costs matter that much?

I'd like you to list the pints value simply for my own interest but what is most important is that it is Codex legal.. so until the new Codex comes out it should be acording to the current DA Code/FAQ or FW RUles, BFG or EPIC rules.

If you list what your ntry is one of the brothers here will help out with the points total but that is not essential for your oath! So join in:)

SG

You might find that the points are listed in the "get you started" book which will come with the set - can someone confirm if this is true?

Well, if you have any suggestions, queries and criticisms about this new low level, low key, no shouting, trek down the path to redemption, please make them here and I will try my hardest to respond. If not, I xan always blame Captain Semper!! :)

SG

Seems pretty self explanatory,,,.

Right now I can-not voice my "vow"

+++ screech +++

I am 3000 miles away from home.

I //////// Seven Land Raiders, received................... Munuitorium detailing. detailing. detailing. detailing.

built ,,, mid 2009 ,,,, Apocalypses game. sooooo,,,, much left to do... Paint,,,, Paint,,,, Paint,,,,... Future Conflict,,,,,,,,, re-boot.................

LOST SIGNAL

I'd like you to list the pints value simply for my own interest but what is most important is that it is Codex legal.. so until the new Codex comes out it should be acording to the current DA Code/FAQ or FW RUles, BFG or EPIC rules.

If you list what your ntry is one of the brothers here will help out with the points total but that is not essential for your oath! So join in:)

SG

Thanks for the reply SG ;)

Just wanted to make sure that I can enter (even if it's in "spirit"). Knowing my luck if I bough tthe current DA Codex, it'd be replaced within a couple of months ;)

I'll have a go listing points according to C:SM - if there are any discrepancies, it'll be easier to adjust afterwards ^_^

Knowing my luck if I bough tthe current DA Codex, it'd be replaced within a couple of months ;)

So what are you waiting for? Legions of Unforgiven are depending on you! ;)

Knowing my luck if I bough tthe current DA Codex, it'd be replaced within a couple of months :P

So what are you waiting for? Legions of Unforgiven are depending on you! ^_^

If only that's all it took to get a new codex. :)

Hopefully this may draw the attention of more DA players. It's a great way to plan and build one's way to a whole army in six months.

Nice event, good idea! ;)

I have some assaultmarines that need finishing, 2 squads of robed marines, their vehicles, hopefully, witht he new dex, I can add that lovely thundercannon too...

Hey, look! *rummages through bitsbox* More terminators! :cuss and over there, a Dark Vengeance box, it seems. :tu:

I'll have a look and will vow soon, First I have to decide what to finish first. I am planning to do a vow every month though, that way I can finish this army like I wanted to.

I'm loving the idea. Of course, I like everything that comes down from the Inner Circle. It would be disloyal not too. :cuss

I found both the LPC and ETL events extremely motivating but I think I might take this one to a more epic level.

One thing I would like to see regarding the event - separate subfoum for all the topics with WIPs/finished vows. Otherwise we will have 95% of our general DA forum full of them again, and it would be hard to find topics not related to the event.

Just my $0.02.

One thing I would like to see regarding the event - separate subfoum for all the topics with WIPs/finished vows. Otherwise we will have 95% of our general DA forum full of them again, and it would be hard to find topics not related to the event.

Just my $0.02.

Wouldn't any WIP be in PC&A's Work in Progress section? Not to clutter things there, but that's what it's there for.

Didn't SG mention in the opening statement for this event that when we're finished, we should just put the completed vow picture in our original vow post? This way, SG can monitor the posts for vows and finished pics without worrying about missing things in the deluge of posts.

I intend to create a thread for my PtR submissions but it did get me thinking about another deluge of painting contest threads. The painting sub-forum does seem life the correct place for them and putting PtR in the subject will make them obvious to anyone who wants to follow all the progress.

This is actually really well timed. I just started a 4 month long escalation tournament at the local Good Games. Looks like I am the only Astartes player thus far...well there is a Grey Knight player. Mostly Guard, Nids and Dark and Craftworld Eldar. At least for month 1. We can change armies each month...but I am going my Angels all the way!!!

++Also++

Brethren should direct themselves to my sig and thereby head to my painting log. I crave your views and encouragement!!!

I intend to create a thread for my PtR submissions but it did get me thinking about another deluge of painting contest threads. The painting sub-forum does seem life the correct place for them and putting PtR in the subject will make them obvious to anyone who wants to follow all the progress.

Great idea. Done and done. :tu:

This is actually really well timed. I just started a 4 month long escalation tournament at the local Good Games. Looks like I am the only Astartes player thus far...well there is a Grey Knight player. Mostly Guard, Nids and Dark and Craftworld Eldar. At least for month 1. We can change armies each month...but I am going my Angels all the way!!!

That's the spirit! Best of luck, and I'll definitely be checking out your painting log.

Do you guys mind if I make my own sigs and follow the challenge with a non DA Chapter? So although not officially entering in the challenge basically doing it on my own accord?

I suppose that some seeking redemption must find their own path...

Too bad you're not joining in with the DA, but it's good to see you inspired to renew your own army's work. I wish you the best of luck with it.

Shadow Guard: What's the Inner Circle up to now? Inspiring other chapters? For what purpose?

Do you guys mind if I make my own sigs and follow the challenge with a non DA Chapter? So although not officially entering in the challenge basically doing it on my own accord?

More than welcome to join us. I can't allow you to use the banners as hey are only for the unforgiven but if you wish to use your own signature banners and join us on the Path to Redemption, you are more than welcome! ;) We may very well be inspired by your work!!

I suppose that some seeking redemption must find their own path...

Too bad you're not joining in with the DA, but it's good to see you inspired to renew your own army's work. I wish you the best of luck with it.

Shadow Guard: What's the Inner Circle up to now? Inspiring other chapters? For what purpose?

Circles within circles and purposes hidden within purposes...... I may tell you but then i will...need to lock you up in chamber 42! :P

SG

Circles within circles and purposes hidden within purposes...... I may tell you but then i will...need to lock you up in chamber 42! :)

Somehow I knew you were going to say something like that. ;)

From the sounds of some of his posts he needs to be locked there already :P

Sometimes, I'm already there (like the ending of the movie Brazil. Chamber 42's not a bad place really... quiet, restful... except for being awakened by Luther's screams at all hours. What a cry baby... :)

Archived