Dhx711's: The Naming of the Host & The Closing of the Ranks

Dhx711

A few days ago I bought what I'm considering the last pieces of my blood Angels force (Getting tired of building Marines - at least till new stuff BA-specfic stuff comes out :) ) To celebrate, I decided to name the units I have in my collections.

I set out trying to stay away from any already named Blood Angels from ( HERE ) and to stick with Italian names ( HERE ) and angel names ) HERE ) . Of course then I stumbled across some cool Latin names (HERE ) and wanting to use some of those I came up with some fluff that also makes them uniquely mine.

At a promotion (for Sargents) or induction into a "specialization" (Chaplains, Priests, Librarians etc..) the Brothers are allowed to choose a new name for themselves that represents to them the personification of their calling ala Mestiphon. Except for 2 (1 was the first model I owned "worthy of a name" the other was just plain cool) all of the names try to follow that pattern.

Comments & thoughts welcome

I do have and kept the names of all the Named BA models (except Seth since he's not BA)

Company Captain Hofniel - ruling angel of the bene elohim; name means "fighter of God." (counts as Gabriel Seth)

Company Captain Catotigerus "battle lord."

Epistolary Librarian Augustinius -

Epistolary Librarian Harahel - angel who oversees libraries.

Reclusiarch Phrixus "causing the shivering of skin from fear"

Honor Squad Aristrodemus "best of the people."

Terminator Assault Squad Malvolio "ill-will"

Terminator Assult Squad Ernesto: Italian and Spanish form of Latin Ernestus, meaning "battle (to the death), serious business."

Terminator Squad Petronius Roman name of uncertain derivation but long associated with Latin Petrus (Greek Petros), meaning "rock, stone."

Terminator Squad Pancrazio: Italian form of Latin Pancratius, meaning "all power."

Sanguinary Guard Squad Malachai

Sanguinary Guard Squad Belaphon

Sanguinary Guard Squad Phoebus

Terminator Sanguinary Priest Asclepius "surgeon"

Sanguinary Priest Paeon "healer"

Sanguinary Priest Nicephorus: Latin masculine form of Greek unisex Nikephoros, meaning "victory-bearer."

Sanguinary Priest Gasparo "treasure bearer"

Sternguard Squad Severo "stern"

Chaplin Camillo "attendant of a temple"

Chaplin Rogelius, possibly meaning "prayed for, wished for."

Techmarine Rikbiel - angel who oversees the divine chariot; chief of wheels.

Librarian Furioso Dreadnought Apollyon

Furioso Dreadnought Nicator "the conquerer"

Furioso Dreadnought UIixes "to be angry"

Death Company Furioso Dreadnought Placido "Calm/Placid" The former Vet Sgt of Squad Clemente had a wry sense of humor and renamed himself upon interment in a Furosio sarcophagi, little did he know how wry he was ...

Assault Squad Arnoldo - Italian form of Latin Arnoldus, meaning "eagle power."

Assault Squad Benvenuto - Medieval Italian name composed of the elements bene "well" and venuto "arrived," hence "well-arrived," i.e. "welcome." - The Welcoming party :lol:

Assault Squad Clemente: Italian, Portuguese and Spanish form of Latin Clementius, meaning "gentle and merciful." Good old Brother Wry again :D

Tactical Squad Durante - Italian name derived from Latin durantis, meaning "enduring, lasting, steadfast."

Tactical Squad Ettore - Italian form of Latin Hector, meaning "defend; hold fast."

Tactical Squad Sandro - Short form of Italian Alessandro, meaning "defender of mankind."

Scout Squad Temeluch - angel caretaker who protects newborn babies and children.

Vanguard Squad Adrastus "inescapable"

Vanguard Squad Lodovici "famous warriors"

Bike Squad Bacchus "noisy, riotous."

Attack Bike Squad Celer - Roman name meaning "swift."

Devastator Squad Brutus - Roman Latin name meaning "heavy"

Land Speeder Cassiel "speedy one of God"

Land Speeder Rahatiel - angel prince of the constellations; name means "to run."

Stormraven Rogziel - angel of punishment whose name means "the wrath of God."

Stormraven Samkiel - angel of destruction and purifier of souls from sheol.

Baal Predator Israfil - Islamic angel whose name means "the burning one."

Baal Predator Puriel - angel whose name means "the fire of God;" angel of punishment.

Predator Hasmal - fire speaking angel of the throne of God.

Predator Soterasiel - angel whose name means "who stirs up the fire of God."

Vindicator Pathiel - angel whose name means "opener of God.

Vindicator Remiel - angel who leads souls to judgment; name means "mercy of God.".

Whirlwind Orphamiel - angel known as the "great finger of the Father."

Rhino/Razorback Asteraoth - name of an angel who thwarts power.

Rhino/Razorback Baruchiel - angel with power over strife.

Rhino/Razorback Karael - angel who has the power to thwart demons.

Rhino/Razorback Lamechial - angel who thwarts deception.

Land Raider Metatron - one of the greatest archangels, second only to God.

Land Raider Sandalphon - giant angel whose name means "co-brother" (of Metatron).

Thanks for the kinda words Brothers. Feel free to use any of the names (thanks for asking).

Mort - I'll see what I can do but I'm a Table top quality painter at best. Although my Count-as Seth was a DIY model.

Darklighter - Nice find that will be hand for vehicles

Archived