DavidKits Collected Visions

DavidKits

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have been a member of this forum for many years ago and never really... uploaded any pictures of my works. I watch others, i learn from others works and I try my best to do my own spin. so before I continue and post I first would like to say thank you for all you painters out there before me, for tips, tricks and tutorials that I have borrowed for my own models. thank you *bows respectfully*

now to the models, please understand these pictures were sadly taken with my Android phone, I tried to make em work but *shrugs* such is life. all of the models I'm posting up here at the moment are from the Dark Vengeance(sp) box Starter Kit, only got 2 finished right now but I'm continuing to finish off more.

Alpha Legionnaire Chosen with Power Axe:

gallery_14366_7738_624617.jpg

This was the first one of the pair I did up, I just liked the Axe guy the most so when i opened the box i dug em out and clipped him free first, I borrowed a couple of ideas from the latest White Dwarf for colors such as the Eye on the axe itself. as I like him so much there is a High Possiblity he will be my Unit Champion unless I use another model to replace him or something.

Alpha Legionnaire Chosen Champion / Possible Sorcerer Lord

gallery_14366_7738_419958.jpg

This was the second model I have done, I planned him out so I can use him as a Sorcerer of my legion or as a champ depending on points and my mood. the entire left side of his armour though sadly isn't shown in this pic very well is done up in the same 'Scales' as you see on the shoulder guard of the Chosen with a Power axe.

My story for this man is that he is willingly sacrificing Himself for the Legion through the use of his psyhic powers. He has learned the moree he uses his psyhic powers the more his body becomes corrupted and transforms into something reptilian in nature and appearance. Hence reason I painted the scales all over half his armour and starting to spread up over his face and head. He knows where the path he is following will no doubt end, and he had thought more then once to resist fate, prevent that end but dispite it he has chosen to accept his fate, knowing he is already to far gone to turn back no matter what is offered from the dark powers and as such even as he feels more of himself turning, more of himself turning into something inhuman, he has vowed to continue to use his powers to further the goals of the Legion, even to his inevitable end. Dispite his condition this Sorcerer still holds a level of command inside of the Legion and as such the Chaos Chosen I'm painting up from the box set are in fact his 'honor guard' to work with him to further the goals of the Legion, though admittedly not all of them approve being near him they still will unquestionally follow his commands until his final edic is enacted, his own execution when his condition reachs a point where it will completely compromise their mission.

I would like to mention here at the end of this that... I have NEVER before Painted up Chaos Alpha Legion. I got told a basic idea of colors in rl and did my best using that and pictures I found here on B&C and other websites to put together the scheme. I hope I did well and you like em. thank you for your time I will continue to update as I finish more models.

David Kits.

p.s. if you could give me a hand with giving names to these guys as I post em up that would be great right now... my mind is pulling up blanks, cheers!

I like it a lot, you don't see alphas around very often (all pun intended), especially the scales turned out well, where I may feel that the green highlights needs to be a bit more subtle.

Great going.

Names of the top of my head:

T'kar The Seeing for the sorcerer, and perhaps Kezil for the other one. I always thought Alpha names would be short with 'hard' sounds like the z or the t'k (which I would pronounce as a t-sound followed by the word, dunno if that is correct) - ofcourse with a gentle mix of names in order to preserve their lack of identity (or perhaps abjurance of a shared one?).

Keep us posted as you progress :)

@validar: thanks man glad you like em, as well as that name *nods* sounds good actually. I know the green a bit bright and sudden i suppose but with me using a brighter blue and trying to keep much of the other pieces like the bone/horns, leather etc a bit darker toned i thought the green would fit in somehow *shrugs*

@Cypher 102: hmmm true I suppose that is possible but I still like to keep the names unique to each guy.

@Olisredan: thanks glad you like em, I hope to have the Chosen powerfist up soon looking at him on my desk all i got left is 1 arm and the backpack to finish. :lol:

cheers!

David.

New Additions arriving now! more from my painting and hopefully you continue to enjoy these guys! now then... onto the pictures! *flails and runs off to put up some pictures for you all*

Sorcerer T'kar

gallery_14366_7738_65609.jpg

Here is the second picture of my sorcerer showing off more of the scale work I have given his armour so you can get a real idea of what i mean in my earlier post of his armour becoming scaled over. I was ... 'hinted' by friends that I should try to get a better picture as well so please i know its annoying that all i got is my phone cam but i really really hope this one is the better your all looking for! *bows* P.s. throw out to Validar yes I am using T'kar as his name I wish to thank you the more I thought of it the more i just liked it so again thank you for your help!

Alpha Chosen with Powerfist

gallery_14366_7738_433469.jpg

And here is Punchy Mcfistslap... <.< ok i'm joking thats not his name.. just a joke one of my friends in rl called him bah! he is just Jealous of my painting prowess... :) ya... thats it.. <.< >.> well as promised everyone wanted to see more so here is more! i wanted to get all the special weapons member of the unit finished before moving onto the Chaos Cultists and regular Chosen or even the Lord, odd i know but I really like these Chosen dudes for some reason! *eyes up next one with Lightning claws*

But I degress, as much as I'm liking doing up these guys I feel like doing something ... else something different to spice it up and mix things a little. so I'm gonna throw this idea out to you guys, of the Models in the Dark V set you like to see from me next which would you prefer

1. Da HellBrute

2. AL Infiltrator looking like a 'Ravenwing Biker'

3. Chaos Lord of the starter box

4. Or lastly something not from the set just something else (this means also give me an idea what this 'other' is :P)

Please give me a vote and tell me what you like to see as I am curious and am open to options... as long as its in my price range and can get it in the near future to actually work on it.

Cheers everyone,

David :)

Mate,

they are immense. Love the scales. Got any patience spare so I can have a crack at something so complex? I keep waiting for GW to see it at £2.30 a pot.

I made a tutorial a while ago on how to make lizard scales like that: How to freehand lizard scales

Nice models, DavidKits, you've actually made the green/blue Alpha Legion scheme look good. :lol:

You are doing chaos marines brilliantly for a first timer, all these loyalist don't appreciate the difficulties of all that extra armor banding and mutation that needs to be attented to. I'm a fan of your style and the scales add that extra complexity and detail that keeps them from looking blocky (hope that makes sense). As for whats next, lets see that bike, I'm interested to see how you do a vehicle.

@J!MM!L!C!OUS: thank you I'm glad if i can help inspire I didn't think i get this much notice for my first crack at AL.

@Renoster: well i seem to get told I have a mount of patience or i wouldn't try crazy things like this so i suppose a bit for ya wouldn't hurt *gives ya some* and thank you i'm glad you like how they are turning out.

@Freakiq: *gasps* wait that was you! as I admitted before i got many dieas over the years from following tidbits of info I found all over this forum and I believe it was your tutorial that inspried me to take a crack at freehanding all those scales!! as for the color scheme I thank you greatly for that comment *bows* i won't lie i was feeling extremely nervous when i started on this models with so many i know breathing down my neck to make them look 'awesome' @.@

@smallvictory: I wouldn't say I'm a first time I have a large horde of Models I have been working on both loyalist and chaos factions so I know how it works on both sides of the fence. I've considered puttingup more of my figs from all my armies but I don't know if i should... i felt nervous enough putting these ones up! *cheers* and yay i got a vote for my question! my.. first and only one *laughs* I'll look into it my friend I begin working right away on that Biker and get at least one of them up soon so you may see what insanity i may bring!

Cheers to you all, thanks for the comments.

DavidKits.

@recon0321: *laughs alittle and nods* i noticed that too actually soon after i started on them and posted em i noticed the horde of AL that seems to be literally coming out of the woodwork but *shrugs* i was more doing em because there really is no AL players here in my home city where i play and I like playing armies that are not played or seen often *shrugs* now as for the colors I use just about all of em are the older paints that I still have a collection of. I haven't really tried the scheme with new paints but here goes.

Armour:

Basecoat: Necron Abyss

Layer up: Enchanted blue

Highlight 1: watered down Snot green

Highlight 2: scorpain green (make sure to not repaint the whole snot green highlight just do parts with the scorpain.

Scales:

Basecoat: Necron Abyss

Layer up: snot green

dimand edges: dark angels green (to make the dark tone to form the diamonds)

highlight: Scorpain green (for the chevrons in the scales to brighten up again)

hope that helps my friend good luck, Cheers

David.

sorry no update yet guys but i wanted to throw out this question to you. I own a few other armies loyalist and Chaos and I'm kinda proud with how they are looking I know this topic is themed to alpha legion but... before i ramble on.

Would you guys like me to change the name of the topic and start loading up pictures of ALL my armies <.< of my Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, White Scars etc?

please answer soon. and I hope to have an update with the next Legionnaire (my infiltrator biker) hopefully this weekend.

Cheers,

David.

@omo667: hehehe very well I shall pull out and begin the mass mass horde of uploads @.@ oh gods of dice and chaos ... this may take a while *adjusts his shirt flicks and ear and slips off to get the carrying cases*

@witchhunter: I... I.. *blushes* thank you i'm very glad to hear you like em! i think i'm doing well for my first attempt at AL!

Well with the request of more of my works and not just and only my Alpha Legionnaires I will be renaming the topic post soon. *nods* well right after this post in the mean time while I go out and collect more of my models for posting enjoy my White Scars my friends *bows*

Chapter Master:

gallery_14366_7773_14988.jpg

I based some of the color scheme for this chap off the picture in the main rulebook see if you can point out all i did! oh... and i wanted to get a huge chainsword for the guy but as space marines can't have a 'heavy chainsword' yet i gave him this powerweapon till then. as such both his arm and backpack are also head in at the moment by bluetac until i get the other parts i want as well as make it so i can swap his backpack for a jumppack when i want.

Razorback:

gallery_14366_7773_111692.jpg

did this up originally going to be the CM's ride with his honour guard... been thinking of getting white scar rhino front when i rebuild it for that purpose but ah oh well. and for some reason the aquilla dropped while the glue was hardening... not while it was still liquid but while it finished hardening the whole thing slide and i couldn't put it back... was odd... don't know how to fix it :/

StormSeer:

gallery_14366_7773_13299.jpg

this guy tends to hang out with one of the tactical squads in the army to give em some extra support not much more... though taking him with telepathy and/or pyromancy has done well for me so far... can't complain to much when he made a unit of 5 terminators invis for a whole game and those terminators when on a butcher spree though anyone who was in my lines the nid player i was up against was... most unimpressed at me.

Tactical squad Alpha:

gallery_14366_7773_112739.jpg

built this squad and there ride the rhino back before 6th came out. originally was suppose to have the whole army outflank when i used the Khans rules and so having 2 meltas and coming from outflank seemed brutal. now a days they tend to still outflank but they don't seem to do as well as they before the new edition ... oh well *shrugs*

Tactical squad Alpha's Rhino:

gallery_14366_7773_121378.jpg

Storm Talon:

gallery_14366_7773_41136.jpg

Of all of them so far this one the Storm Talon is the one i love the most of the set it just turned out so well! *nods* and i got second place with a local painting contest with it. would have gotten first but the guy who came in at the last moment and got first brought in a ork blitza-bommer that had freehand designs everywhere... even the whole evil sunz logo was freehanded, I admit i was a bit upset as first prize was something from forgeworld the cost of a dreadnought with arms but at the same time the guy who got first really deserved it so i wasn't to hurt over it. oh and i know the heavy bolter/assault cannon layout isn't the best but meh i'm proud of this guy, he has gunned down alot so far including my luckiest kill a hive tyrant with wings that suffered 3 wounds from its shot then ended up falling and suffering another from it. he earned the name the flying bug swatter for that for a while.

cheers everyone.

David.

round two of my uploads of my collected visions of dice and models that are my horde of armies... well at least the ones I'm proud enough to show off ^.^;; here are my Thousand Sons! now I've never been a fan of the bright blue colors of the thousand sons that i see everywhere so i went with a darker blue and then mixed in some enchanted i believe it was to give alittle bit lighter highlights oh well anyway hope you enjoy em all!

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Lord:

gallery_14366_7774_28360.jpg

This guy has done me proud recently, in one game against a Necron player he throughly annoyed my opponent into not bringing any of his flyers near him after he puppet mastered one to roast his unit of Necron Wraiths. oh yes was good I love that puppet master spell when i see flyers on the table that aren't mind XD

Aspiring Sorcerer 1

gallery_14366_7774_12707.jpg

first of my pack of sorcerers for unit leaders I have 4 in total but so far only 3 units as the last one is still being worked on.

Aspiring Sorcerer 2

gallery_14366_7774_241570.jpg

Aspiring Sorcerer 3

gallery_14366_7774_604699.jpg

Aspiring Sorcerer 4

gallery_14366_7774_329504.jpg

Thousand Sons units (shown by Shoulder Icon)

gallery_14366_7774_236485.jpg

When i took the photos for this I didn't think you guys would like to see 3 units of models all done up the same like thousand sons are, so instead I show you one model (granted sadly his eyes aren't the best of all of em) but then show you the shoulder guards that show who belongs to which squad everyone with the same shoulder guards all go together.

Thousand Sons Rhino:

gallery_14366_7774_83734.jpg

Same premise here as with the Thousand Sons, all 4 of the Rhinos I have are pretty much done up the same... and even then the gold still needs to be finished but apart from that they are pretty much done. why upload 4 pics of what seemingly looks the same when i can do one and you get the idea :) ^.^;;;

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Alpha:

gallery_14366_7774_102851.jpg

Here is my first of the 2 dreads, I have him with a lascannon, ccw arm and normally a heavy flamer.. though that flamer seems missing for some reason need to go hunting but anyway, with the last edition being tanks heavy i needed to add some anti-armour bunch to the list and this guy and his brother was the easiest way though I'm thinking of swapping it out for a Missile Launcher but well... need to wait on how the new codex looks to see if i can still do the CCW, Hflamer, Missile launcher layout or just just switch him to be like his brother dread with a plascannon and missile launcher

Thousand Sons Dreadnought Beta:

gallery_14366_7774_1218145.jpg

And here is Dreadnought beta, or as a friend of mine puts it "oh please not in the face of my terminators!" he got that nickname after fire fenzying into a unit of 10 terminators with cyclone missiles and ended up wiping them all to 1 model, why you ask the missiles didn't pick on my dreadnought... they thought a Deamon Prince I had nearby was a bigger threat to be honest ^.^;; oh well lessons learned and I love it when people cringe whent hey hear this one has rolled a 1 on his sanity test muahahaha.

well here is round 2 of my updates I'll keep it to that this evening as i'm getting tired... very tired @.@ but tomorrow i hopefully will start to upload my Word Bearers and then my decently painted and.. ahem ancient crimson fists force i ahven't touched in a long time ^.^;;;

Cheers everyone, thank you for enjoying my figs!

David.

Archived