AT LAST!

Beachymike123

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...GameStyle=wh40k

by the look of things, and breaking from tradition, chaos will be the first official 6th ed codex. follow the link above to view the new range. ooohhhh, i can't wait (even if the codex is £30, does look nice though). enjoy the plethora of new goodies and march forward for the dark gods!

Thoughts:

1) it's all so.. expensive. I mean, but damn.

2) this is a far less impressive release than that which accompanied the last few books. Where's the cultists and chosen? We get a new troop unit, but no model release for them outside the starter box? No revised special characters? I mean, I know the daemon engines are supposed to be a big deal, but this is just a way less exciting lineup of new models than I was anticipating. And while there had been no rumors of new cult units, seeing the old hybrids released as failcast conversion kits to me just highlights how ancient and awful those kits are.

3) and the quality of those models is also really questionable. I mean, opinions vary, of course, but with the exception of the raptors, the champion, and maybe the warpsmith, none of these new releases live up to the standard set by the dark vengeance models. The mutilators are terribad, even some of those who liked the white dwarf pictures of the dragon are cringing at the 360 view, which really highlights the model's awkward turkey body and giant gaping rectum - I know I'm not going to be dropping $75 on it, and I was one of the thing's defenders. The fiends don't look so awful in 360 - particularly when you've got the tentacles on it, but neither is it exactly jaw dropping. The sorcerer's bland and boring, the apostle's really awkward and cluttered, and the mutilators are the pumbagor of 40k.

So our new release is a less then stellar lineup of models that are more expensive than ever while not living up to the quality standards set by dark vengeance, or even the necron and dark eldar releases before it.

Hopefully the rules and eventual second wave will make up for it, but I'm not exactly holding my breath over here. Especially since I would die from suffocation before I had saved up enough money to buy the codex.

I still like the heldrake, but it will need work; replace the head, elongate all four legs, add a long, sloping tail. A dragon zombie kit could come in handy here . . . sad thing is I am already dropping 70 bucks on it, so upgrade bits are probably going to push this project into the $100 range.

Malisteen, I am with you all the way on the mutiliators. An unnecessary unit that somehow looks worse than the metal blocks of failure that we all pretend are obliterators.

Wait... why does the new plastic individual model cost more than the finecast ones...?

Is it because it isn't riddled with flaws and air bubbles?

Od.

P.S. Dammit I may need to buy those new Raptors. Those Chainswords are sweeeeet.

To avoid 'assblaster' syndrome, I'd recommend giving it two jet engines, one on either side of its torso, and giving it a long tail where the current engine exhaust is.

Yeah, i said one, but meant two...

A little bit like this maybe?

http://www.freewebs.com/steve_is_cool/kagutsuchi.gif

this must be a late april fools joke.... it has to be. $60cdn for the codex $100 for the limited edition. $90 for the hell turkey and $63 for 3 clayface wannabe's. After the release of the necrons and the dark eldar, im feeling shocked at what chaos is getting. Yes chaos is getting some love, but it's the dirty love that makes you ashamed afterwards

I'm just a small time Chaos player, havn't even fielded them yet as a matter of fact, but the biggest "WHAT!" for me was the shift of the God specific marines into the Elites choice.

Still you can understand their thinking it's just a big change for the armies that mainly field those units as their troops choice, I have a friend that will be pissed about it......

Still the only things that catch my eyes is the Maulerfiend box and the new Raptors, those look like really good boxes, hopefully they will be viable to field to....

I'll be steering clear of the mutilators, but I'm loving the other new toys. A Forgefiend or two to back up my two Hellbrutes, some Warp Talons to spearhead my existing Raptors packs, a Hell Drake because I think it looks sweet and a Warpsmith because, well, my Iron Warriors demand it. A bit disappointing there's no Cultists or Chosen in the first wave, but they did just release them and it wouldn't make much sense for them to release them again so soon (albiet on their own and in multi-part goodness). I don't mind the look of the sorcerer either, doesn't have too much going on.

The only things I have a problem with is a missed oppurtunity to update the special characters, obliterators not becoming plastic multi-part kits and no new plastic havocs. Hopefully the second wave brings us a few new fun toys or at least updated old toys that aren't just finecast versions.

I'm just a small time Chaos player, havn't even fielded them yet as a matter of fact, but the biggest "WHAT!" for me was the shift of the God specific marines into the Elites choice.

Still you can understand their thinking it's just a big change for the armies that mainly field those units as their troops choice, I have a friend that will be pissed about it......

The 4th ed codex was the only one to have them as Troops all the time. 3rd had them already slated as Elites (or Heavy for noise marines) unless your lord had the appropriate mark. 3.5 had them starting as regular marines, giving them a mark and transforming them into the particular cult unit and again unless your lord had the same mark, they became Elite.

If anything, 4th was the "WHAT!" when it came to cult troops, 6th is just putting them back where they belong.

Gotta order me that dex, a warpsmith, but gonna need to replace that IW head for something more "Word Bearery" and some Raptors. That Dark Apostle will make an awesome Erebus with a lil conversion work, and a daemon engine or two are on the list depending on how my new list ends up looking....

~BtW

but yeah those prices are steep...

Still the only things that catch my eyes is the Maulerfiend box and the new Raptors, those look like really good boxes, hopefully they will be viable to field to....

Actually the big change was the 4th ed codex making them troop choices, prior to that they had always been an elite choice. So really they are just going back to how it was for 10+ years before the 4th ed book, and to be honest this is how I prefer it.

Ordered the LE Codex, nothing else. Will buy the rest from my local gaming store as they deserve the business for letting us play on their tables.

Actually the big change was the 4th ed codex making them troop choices, prior to that they had always been an elite choice. So really they are just going back to how it was for 10+ years before the 4th ed book, and to be honest this is how I prefer it.

Ordered the LE Codex, nothing else. Will buy the rest from my local gaming store as they deserve the business for letting us play on their tables.

Wonder if dreads are going to get moved back to Heavy Support like they were before last edition?

~BtW

Personally I love the fact that there are such a massive amount of whiners. That means they will most likely never play chaos, or at least not for a while! I kinda like playing the underdog, always have! :devil:

...on the other hand I think many(if not most) of them are hypocrites and will end up with a chaos codex despite their claims of the opposite... ^_^

Wonder if dreads are going to get moved back to Heavy Support like they were before last edition?

~BtW

There is a difference in that respect. Back then ALL dreads were a heavy choice, they slowly moved them to elite so I doubt they will move back to heavy.

Personally I love the fact that there are such a massive amount of whiners. That means they will most likely never play chaos, or at least not for a while! I kinda like playing the underdog, always have! :devil:

...on the other hand I think many(if not most) of them are hypocrites and will end up with a chaos codex despite their claims of the opposite... ^_^

Right??? I mean for days since these leaks have been coming out it has been a bitch fest up here. Bitch about the current dex, bitch about the new dex (even though it hasn't been released), bitch about the weather, bitch about people bitching. Damn, I just made myself feel bad :*(

=D I am stoked yall!

Okey, I didn't know that, only been in the hobby since just before 5th was released. Still my point stands, but mayby they will do the same as before and "unlock" them as Troops with the right mark and Abbadon unlocks all due to the fact that he is the "boss", or what do you think?

Archived