Imperial Fist Expansion II

Dosjetka

:Troops: Imperial Fist Expansion II :Troops:

In the wake of the recent rise in Chaos and Warp activity, the Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists has decreed that his Chapter must bolster its strength to counter the rising and terrible threat. All battle-brothers have been recalled to the Phalanx to re-arm and prepare for the coming onslaught. New aspirants have been recruited in the hope that a number of them will complete the full transformation into an Astartes to replace losses caused by the upcoming conflicts. The Techmarines and their Servitors aboard Chapter Forge-Ships work ceaselessly to repair damaged wargear and produce new materials of war. The Chapter Ancients are being roused to better aid their Chapter with their extensive wisdom and knowledge in warfare.

Hundreds of fully armoured Battle-Brothers assemble in the centre of the Phalanx, before their Chapter Master. The thousand voices all shout the same words, loud and clear, in defiance to the Warp-filth that spills forth from the Immaterium:

"For Dorn and the Emperor!"

After that little introductory bit of text, I welcome you all to the second Imperial Fist Expansion. The aim of this competition is to enable Imperial Fist players to get the motivation needed to paint their various units so that they can be proud to deploy a fully-painted army of yellow Space Marine on the battlefield! If you want to see how the first Expansion was like, click here!

:HQ: Rules :HQ:

1. You make a vow of how many models you will paint by the end of the competition. You may vow as many models as you wish, as long as they are painted up as Imperial Fists Astartes. No other Chapters accepted.
  2. Then, you crack out your paint pots, brushes and models and get painting!
  3. You must provide at least two Work in Progress (WIP) pictures of your vow and then a final picture of the completed model(s).
  4. You are allowed to add to your vow if you finish painting your first batch of models, but you cannot remove any already pledged models from your vow!
  5. You must do all of this before the end of the competition!

As you can see, it is not difficult and it is a great oppurtunity to slap some paint onto your models and show the Imperial Fist community here on the B&C some support :)

For the vow, please copy/paste and complete the following form:

I, [insert name here], vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least [units/models amount here] on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

:Elite: Vows :Elite:

• Rhetoricus - a full Terminator Squad - [Progress thread]
  • Brother Syth - a full Tactical Squad in MKVI armour and a Fellblade - [Progress thread]
  • Battle-Brother Ludovic - half a Tactical Squad - [Progress thread]
  • Grey Paladin - half a Tactical Squad -
  • Kyram'vhett - two full Tactical Squads and First Captain Lysander -
  • Captain Antonius - half a Bike Squad, a Captain on bike, and a Chaplain on bike -
  • moric - a full Devastator Squad, a full Terminator Squad and an Aegis Defense Line - [Progress thread]
  • Coopervisor - half a Devastator Squad -
  • corai - a full Boarding Marine Squad (MkIII armour) and a Contemptor Dreadnought (boarding assault themed) -
  • Mazer Rackham - a full Tactical Squad -
  • Demon2027 - a full Tactical Squad -
  • Lestat - half a Terminator Squad and half a Sternguard Squad (MkV armour) -
  • almightyjesus55 - a full Tactical Squad -
  • Reyner - Sigismund, First Captain -
  • Nards08 - one Stormtalon Gunship -
  • Eliath - two full Tactical Squads, half a Scout Squad, and a Terminator Librarian -
  • Brother Mord - a Drop pod and half a Devastator Squad -
  • Mystech1 - half a Tactical Squad -
  • BattlebrotherJohn - a Captain and a Veteran Sergeant (count-as Veteran Sergeant Haas) -
  • Brother Kataklysm - a single Tactical Astartes -

Do not forget to enjoy yourself and if by some misfortune you are not able to complete your vow, just tell us here and then go and spend a couple of weeks in the Pain Glove ;)

Last, but not least, here is the participation banner that you should all wear in your signature to show your participation in this Expansion!

gallery_45765_5904_593.png

Cheers,

Ludovic

I, Moric , vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Devastator squad, 1 Terminator squad and an Aegis defence line on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Brother Syth, triumphant after the first expansion return and vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 10 tactical marines in MKVI armour and a Fellblade on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Best of luck everyone! Time to start painting!

I, Rhetoricus, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 10 of the esteemed first clad in TDA on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Battle-Brother Ludovic, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least half a Tactical Squad on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Best of luck to you all!

I, Coopervisor, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 5 devastators on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

After my last fail, I'll aim a little lower now!

I, Grey Paladin, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 5 tactical marines (for starters!) on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, kyram'vhett, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 20 tactical marines and lysander on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Regards kyram

I, Corai, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 10 Boarding assault, true scale tactical marines in Mk III armour and a boarding assault themed Contemptor Dreadnought (to count as an ironclad) on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

That being said, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add the banner to my signature! Should I just be saving the banner as a photo and uploading ti via photobucket etc, or is there some trick to it?

cheers

Dan

Just a note on the banner usage - you must still comply with the forum rules and the requirement for all images in signatures to display in an area no wider than 800 pixels and no taller than 100 pixels. If, by adding the IFEII banner, your signature will no longer comply, you must remove/edit other images; otherwise I'll be turning images into links. (I see one signature above to which this applies).

For Ludovic, I highly recommend that you create alternate banners that allow for members to tailor the banner to their signature. The Shadow Guard created a bunch of narrow "hanging" banners that take up about 33 pixels in width, simply by shrinking the normal banner, rotating it 90 degrees, and adding a hanging thingamajig. You can also create narrower "strip" banners such as those in my signature.

To answer corai's question, cut and paste the following into your signature:

[img=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1348174122/gallery_45765_5904_593.png]

If you want to be safe, save the image to your desktop, then upload it to your free B&C gallery (which you might have to first create).

And if you want to play around a bit, you might check out the BBCodes which will allow you to have the image aligned to the left, center, or right.

I said I'd get in on this.

I, Mazer Rackham, having suffered a vision of our beloved Primarch, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one, full Tactical squad with a heavy and special weapon and a Veteran Sergeant with Power Fist, on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

MR.

(Edited from assault squad as the box with my jump packs in has vanished).

Every time I come here I get a little more excited about this expansion. It will be one to remember for ever. 3 months of painting the emperor's favourites over the festive period and sharing our exploits here.

I've de angeled another 2 termies tonight in preparation. Will post a pic up before I prime. Should I post Wips in here or should I carry on posting them in my own thread?

Up to you really, I'm posting updates in my own thread though, as it might get a little cluttered in here. Though you could always post a link to it so we can keep track? Last time I posted painting milestones here, as I completed units.

Good idea. That's what I shall do then. Log the nitty gritty in my thread and the shiny shiny in this one. Once I get a few more pics up in my thread ill link it in my Sig. May need some direction on that one though. Thanks Syth. You started building yet?

Well, here I go. As was stated in the rules outline, I can always add more units/models but can't remove any. Lets start with this!

I, Captain Antonius, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 five man Bike Squad, a Captain on bike, and a Chaplain on bike on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Demon2027, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 10 man squad of tactical space marines on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Lestat, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one 5 man unit of Terminators and one 5 man unit of Mk.V Sternguard on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, almightyjesus55 , vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a full tactical squad on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

I, Reyner, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least Sigismund, First Captain on or before the 29th of December, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. Ave Imperator!

Archived