Heresy Era Blood Angels.

Sixestohit

Since the earliest days of the Great Crusade, Sanguinius – angelic primarch of the IXth Legion – was ever among the closest and most loyal of Horus’s brothers. But the Blood Angels have long kept their true nature hidden from the rest of the Imperium, and when the Warmaster hints that the key to their salvation may lie in the ruins of a conquered world, the sons of Sanguinius race to claim it. Now, as the revelation of their betrayal dawns and the traitors’ hand is revealed, the Blood Angels must face all the warp-spawned armies of Chaos, as well their own personal daemons, upon the blasted plains of Signus Prime...

Dramatis Personae:

Squads in action:

Squad Nero, 1st Company Veterans.

Squad Victus, 5th Company Tactical Squad.

Marks of Armour and Weapons in Service

2nd.JPG2.JPG

Battle Brother from Squad Victus in Mark II "Crusade" Power Armour, carrying Umbra Pattern Bolter.

5th.JPG5.JPG

Battle Brother from Squad Victus in Mark III "Iron" Power Armour, carrying Phobos Pattern Boler.

1st.JPG1st%20+1.JPG

Battle Brother from Squad Nero in Mark IV "Maximus" Power Armour, carrying Umbra Ferrox Pattern Bolter.

4th.JPG4.JPG

Battle Brother from Squad Victus in Mark V "Heresy" Power Armour, carrying Phobos Pattern Bolter.

3rd.JPG3.JPG

Battle Brother from Squad Nero in Mark VI "Corvus" Power Armour, Carrying Umbra Ferrox Pattern Bolter.

James.

My only critisism would be that the lenses on the helms and scopes seem very flat and dull. A brighter highlight on them would top these fellas off. Other than that, these Angels looks great! I love how crisp and clean the reds are, and your highlighting of your black looks spot on.

Wow thanks for all the feedback guys!

@DarkMark: I have a load of stuff to paint up, lots more FW stuff that I've been collecting for what seems like ages now!

@Blindhamster: That's new GW paints. Mephiston red wash carrioburg crimson, build back up with mephiston, highlight with evil suns scarlet then wild rider red :P

@Redhorse: They were going to be Signus Prime angels. They're probably to be the legion just before they deploy. One of my favourite characters in the book is changed in some way (being deliberately vague so as not to spoil it for anyone) at the end and I want him in the force.

@ Killax: Thanks very much!

@1000heathens: I feel a little the same way, I might have a play about with it next time I'm painting. :P

@Stonedog: Thanks, and I really can't afford it either! I started selling all my old bits and my 40k blood angel bits on ebay and pretty much funded them that way. Turned from about 4000 points into 1800 and it's taken me a long time, but I'm nearly there. I even painted up and sold some models to help out. :)

Thanks everyone for your kindness,

James.

That's exactly what it means! :D

I'll be using the Crusade armoured apothecary from the forgeworld set with a chainaxe instead of sword, I think he should fit nicely. Rules wise, he will be Corbulo. For no other reason than I want him to be more awesome than a normal apothecary!

James.

I approve immensely! ;)

I did a mk4 corbulo a while back (though mine is actually meant to be corbs, i just don't use any of the stock characters)

I look forward to seeing him done ;) (did he have mk2 or 3 in the book? for some reason I thought it was 3)

I'm going to have to reread that then, I'm not sure! FW apothecaries come in MKII or MKIV so he's probably going to have to be MKII as with my converting skills if I try to make him Mark III he will end up looking like the bastard son of a Tyrannid and a Hrud :tu:

James.

if he needs a mk3 apoth suit... a conversion would be doable I think, even just using the mk2 as a basis. either way, I look forward to seeing these progress (the colour red you achieved is so nice I just asked the wife to pick up the colours you used while she's in town :P

@Blindhamster: Thanks again! I might try and do something then!

@Darth Potato: That's really kind of you. I used a base of Balthasar Gold, washed with Agrax Earthshade, then worked back up the Balthasar Gold, up to Gehenna's Gold and then to Auric Armour Gold. For the studs, on the larger it's just Balthasar gold with a touch of Sycorax Bronze where the light would hit, and on the small rivets it's just a touch of Sycorax Bronze. :)

@Captain Semper: Hard question is hard! I love the overlapping plates of the crusade stuff for highlighting as it kind of shows up easily, but I love the studded look of Heresy armour too! The Maximus armoured assault squad has lots of studs which looks ace, but then I like the beaky marines too... I might have to cop out of giving a straight answer for that one! :D

James.

Very nice mate, you'll have to bring them to the club next week so i can have a touch :D looking foward to this game in 2 weeks! One thing on the models though, i have to agree with 1000heathens about the lenses, But im sure you'll sort it. Im looking foward to seeing meros

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived