Allies for Blood Angels?

Jolemai

I'm putting together a 2500 point list and I'm thinking about adding a small allied GK contingent.

Although the list is not yet complete, I tend to run a Hybrid force with mounted DC, RAS and Tacticals backed up with Mephiston, a couple of Vehicles, Dreadnoughts, Attack Bikes and maybe some Devastators or Scouts. I'd like something to complement this.

I have the codex however I have never used anything other than a Callidus and Vindicare from that book. I am thinking of adding in a GK Master, GK Terminator Squad and possibly a Vindicare if points allow.

The questions are:

Would be what is an ideal load out for the above Master and Squad in this edition. One Daemon Hammer and a Warding Stave maybe? (Sorry, I'm quite the n00b.)

Will Teleport Homers and/or Locator Beacons work for GKs or will they only work for allied Battle Brothers?

Is there a better option out there? Ideally I would like to spend about 500 or so points but could easily spend more.

Thanks in advance.

I'm putting together a 2500 point list and I'm thinking about adding a small allied GK contingent.

Although the list is not yet complete, I tend to run a Hybrid force with mounted DC, RAS and Tacticals backed up with Mephiston, a couple of Vehicles, Dreadnoughts, Attack Bikes and maybe some Devastators or Scouts. I'd like something to complement this.

I have the codex however I have never used anything other than a Callidus and Vindicare from that book. I am thinking of adding in a GK Master, GK Terminator Squad and possibly a Vindicare if points allow.

The questions are:

Would be what is an ideal load out for the above Master and Squad in this edition. One Daemon Hammer and a Warding Stave maybe? (Sorry, I'm quite the n00b.)

Will Teleport Homers and/or Locator Beacons work for GKs or will they only work for allied Battle Brothers?

Is there a better option out there? Ideally I would like to spend about 500 or so points but could easily spend more.

Thanks in advance.

I would personally suggest a Mastery Level 3 Librarian along with either a maxed-out Strike Squad or 5-man Terminator Squad. It would allow to pretty much dominate the game with Psychic powers (when coupled with Mephiston), and when using the Strike Squad, would provide you with a fantastic firebase unit that isn't massively vulnerable to counter-assaults.

There are two choices you should consider.

Do you want the GKGM to make some Bangle units scoring? If not, then you might want to consider a very cheap Inquisitor as the manditory HQ choice to allow you a little more points to spend on what you want your allies to bring to your main force.

That being said, what do you want your allies to bring?

What can the GK do for you, that you can't already do from your parent list?

But, The Grand Strategy allowing you to make extra Bangles units Scoring, that usually couldn't, can be very nice. :yes:

But, The Grand Strategy allowing you to make extra Bangles units Scoring, that usually couldn't, can be very nice. ;)

I don't actually think that's true. Grey Knights would need to be Battle brothers with Blood Angels for this to apply, which they're not.

You could go TDA psyker(divination primaris) Inquisitor with psycannon and hammer: 110

10 man term squad with 2 psycannons and psybolts: 470

and then go on with vindicare or whatever you like!

Thanks for the replies so far ;)

Using TGS in that way is interesting and if it is correct, then I should also be able to use the BA' Teleport Homers and Locator Beacons to ensure I get the GKs where I want them. I may run this by the guys in OR as it's contentious...

If I were to go for a GK Librarian, would you switch out his powers or stick with the Codex ones?

If a Warding Stave is not worth it, what gear would a Terminator Justicar have as an eager challenge acceptor?

Gentlemanloser, as for what I want the GKs to do for me, you are right in that I could probably do the same with my parent force. No doubt I could put together some BA Terminators with more staying power, however that is not going to help me learn how to use this codex. What I want is something different to put into my force, but something that will ease me into GKs. Ideally this would also compliment it, hence why I thought of a Terminator Squad.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

Using TGS in that way is interesting and if it is correct, then I should also be able to use the BA' Teleport Homers and Locator Beacons to ensure I get the GKs where I want them. I may run this by the guys in OR as it's contentious...

If I were to go for a GK Librarian, would you switch out his powers or stick with the Codex ones?

If a Warding Stave is not worth it, what gear would a Terminator Justicar have as an eager challenge acceptor?

Gentlemanloser, as for what I want the GKs to do for me, you are right in that I could probably do the same with my parent force. No doubt I could put together some BA Terminators with more staying power, however that is not going to help me learn how to use this codex. What I want is something different to put into my force, but something that will ease me into GKs. Ideally this would also compliment it, hence why I thought of a Terminator Squad.

Firstly, GentlemanLoser: thanks for the info, I didn't realise that was the case. I've obviously misinterpreted the rules.

To the OP: Again, it's personal preference but I always switch out the powers on my GK Librarian. Which discipline I use is dependent upon who my opponent is but I tend to lean toward the aggressive. That said, Mephiston is more than aggressive enough as it is so you could choose something more supportive in order to ensure that your force isn't too unbalanced in terms of psychic might. It also means that your opponent can't completely shut you down with lucky Deny the Witch roles as they only work if your power targets an enemy unit I believe.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

Firstly, GentlemanLoser: thanks for the info, I didn't realise that was the case. I've obviously misinterpreted the rules.

To the OP: Again, it's personal preference but I always switch out the powers on my GK Librarian. Which discipline I use is dependent upon who my opponent is but I tend to lean toward the aggressive. That said, Mephiston is more than aggressive enough as it is so you could choose something more supportive in order to ensure that your force isn't too unbalanced in terms of psychic might. It also means that your opponent can't completely shut you down with lucky Deny the Witch roles as they only work if your power targets an enemy unit I believe.

Damn it, double post. Apologies, my university wifi can be temperemental.

But TGS anvil option doesn't say they become scoring, just that they can claim objectives like troops... no mention of the word scoring at all. Vehicles cannot score, yet you can nominate dreadnoughts to do so with TGS

Archived