The Prophet's Word Bearers needs some new followers

The Prophet

October, Update 1

med_gallery_25850_1043_92324.jpg

I'm starting off with the character fun! So my Typhus blister is here, but since I play Word Bearers he will become Pandemon the Plaguespeaker instead, counting himself as the Death Guard original.

med_gallery_25850_1043_60396.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_7102.jpg

And because of that I will have to change him up a bit, word-bearerify him, so to speak.

gallery_25850_1043_41773.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_31146.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_14696.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_35140.jpg

The right shoulder pads, a book, a tabard and a few impurity seals (soon with holy scripture) and some touch ups on the foul finecast and I'm done with the converting! What do you guys think?

Have you considered replacing the Manreaper with a mace?

The weapon is a more in keeping with the Word Bearers and will help remove it being Typhus repainted.

I second this, a dirty great big mace or perhaps a multi-headed flail would like brilliant. :(

The weapon is a more in keeping with the Word Bearers and will help remove it being Typhus repainted.

I second this, a dirty great big mace or perhaps a multi-headed flail would like brilliant. :(

Thirded. I suggest that Ecclesiarchal thingymabob as a candidate. The censer thingy that Jacobus or Kyrinov has. :D

October, Update 2

med_gallery_25850_1043_7753.jpg

In his most ugly state! Just after some drybrushing that is. Improvements will follow.

I second this, a dirty great big mace or perhaps a multi-headed flail would like brilliant. :)

Thirded. I suggest that Ecclesiarchal thingymabob as a candidate. The censer thingy that Jacobus or Kyrinov has. :)

Oh stop, you people! There will be no mace! :lol:

I already have Kyrinovs mace on other characters (and it would really be too small) and I'm quite fond of being able to field a scythe for once! The idea is that you should recognize him as Typhus very easy and then think: "Hey, what's he doing in a red dress with all that scripture?!"

******************************************************************************************

By the way, I had to add something for all of you mace-loving people:

med_gallery_25850_1043_94608.jpg

A waste of my time, i.e. a Khorne Lord on a classic old (and long time ago-painted) Juggernaut. I found him in one of my "archives" but cut him in half when I saw he was not painted. Now he's got a new torso, a black mace or a blind axe (or both, if you like to argue about equippment ;) ), and his ride has got a new base. Some grass is missing there though, I have to fix that. He's not made to be beautiful, but to give me a quick lord to field in gaming until I crank out some bastard masterpiece. :lol:

Bah!! he beat me to it! Or a flail like in the codex Chaos!!

Oh stop, you people! There will be no mace! ;)

Aww. :(

Fair enough, brother. It's yours to do with as you wish - if we can't bully you into doing our bidding, we'll just sulk instead. Humpf. :P

• 2 weeks later...

November, Update 1

Alright, the first cultist for 6th ed is running up here. I've tried i every way to make him have eyes or something of the sort, but failing that, I present to you:

gallery_25850_1043_20827.jpg

Cult of the Faceless

gallery_25850_1043_13891.jpg

This first prototype model will be included in my cultist elite, the Cultist Tunnelers. They will be controlling a Hades Breaching Drill (and by that, will have to be used as IG Veterans as allies), probably a further promise along the way of this challenge.

What do you think? I won't give him his eyes back!

November, Update 2

gallery_25850_1043_65771.jpg

Time to rage, Death Guard!

Pandemon/Typhus showing his untrue colours here. I consider him finished, though there is some matt varnish to add to take away some of his shine. Proper heresy you think?

med_gallery_25850_1043_3361.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_50087.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_42422.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_38844.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_11773.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_18317.jpg

Now I have the HQ to be able to field Plague Marines as troops and to make some mutants to count as plague zombies - or just use the nurgly lesser daemons I already have. On top of that, I can have him use nurgly spells and harvest the enemy in close combat. Quite lovely!

Cultist Tunnelers on the work bench...

Thanks for all the replies guys! Makes it easier to continue my slow but steady pace. The finecast was bent and full of holes as per usual, but since this guy had the Mark of Nurgle, I though I wouldn't care about it. I straightened the manreaper and filled a few holes in places where it was more of a hole than a bodypart, for example some of the fingers.

My furies, oh, I have a fear they will never be finished now since the new codex gave me so much to do. But you never know, if a new daemon codex makes them playable again they might show up in the future.

My recent thoughts of a list with Pandemon/Typhus was like this:

* I have too few troop choices.

* It takes time to build seventy cultists.

* I want to use lords that quickly make my plague marines and berzerkers troops.

* But I also want a sorcerer!

* Typhus is the only sorcerer and lord with appropriate mark.

So Typhus will probably share the HQ with a Khorne lord for some time, until I have fleshed out my troops selection further. But lists are never static and I always change them each time I play. This codex doesn't make me want to field elites at all, but all the more interesting is the Fast Attack, Troops, HQ, Heavy Support and Allies. So much to do!

November, Update 3

A ton of pictures coming up here. Today is primer day, so before I paint it black I thought I should show you what's done.

med_gallery_25850_1043_8302.jpg

Behold my cultist tunnelers!

gallery_25850_1043_48967.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_5179.jpg

"Everybody's got a shotgun!"

gallery_25850_1043_34247.jpg

...or a meltagun, the far future variant of a shovel.

gallery_25850_1043_21212.jpg

Calm like a bomb.

gallery_25850_1043_34095.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_34247.jpg

It's always nice to have a good read down the dark caves of a warfare torn planet.

gallery_25850_1043_36189.jpg

Who said WS3, T3, 5+ save was not all about close combat?

gallery_25850_1043_12869.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_1216.jpg

Light at the end of the tunnel.

gallery_25850_1043_33509.jpg

??

med_gallery_25850_1043_51126.jpg

See you soon!

I also make a further promise to build and paint them a Hades Breaching Drill, which will make their digging so much easier...

Archived