Ludovic's Iron Warriors

Dosjetka

And so I gave up my most majestic soul in favour of the Dark Gods.

I'll be getting the following over the next few weeks:

• Dark Vengeance box
  • Plastic Aspiring Champion
  • Possessed box
  • Raptors/Warp Talons box

I vowed to complete only two units, but if I get them done before time, I'll add stuff to my vow :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to update with some models soon!

Ludovic

Welcome to the warp. :lol: The whispers from the dark places in your mind can be hard to ignore.

Having got the Raptors and Champion, I can say personally that GW really is starting to push plastics further then I thought they would. The way parts fit together, or better yet, how they've been split apart for the kits is wonderful. With all the options in the new kits, it's also a boon for the bits box. If you do Raptors you get tons of extra awesome Lightning Claws, if you do Warp Talons you have those sweet Chainswords to sprinkle around.

Wow! Not a single picture and yet I get comments! Must be my lucky day :lol:

Olisredan: Cheers mate, are you joining in too?

BrotherTearz: Yep, and I'll probably sell/trade the Dark Angels part of the box (though I may keep that gorgeous Captain and Librarian :wub:).

Subtle Discord: Cheers mate! And yes, they're damn hard to ignore :P I'm glad to hear that you approve of the kits as my expectancy is high and I'll be using those gorgeous models to make some nice aggressive and fast-moving Possessed/Chosen. Maybe they'll be Slaanesh allies to my Iron Warriors. Who knows? ;) Are you pledging anything? Oh and how are your Chaos vehicle kits coming along? Anything left to purchase?

Ludovic

Olisredan: Cheers mate, are you joining in too?

Goodness gracious me, hell no. All my stuff is still packed away from moving a month and a half ago - there's no way I'm digging it out for this, as I've got a million other things to deal with like an Imperial Fists story for the Librarium in Witch Hunter Kraine's thread, the Guilliman Heresy project (still) and successfully getting a new job. Oh well, it's not like I'm a massive fan of painting anyway. :lol:

Goodness gracious me, hell no. All my stuff is still packed away from moving a month and a half ago - there's no way I'm digging it out for this, as I've got a million other things to deal with like an Imperial Fists story for the Librarium in Witch Hunter Kraine's thread, the Guilliman Heresy project (still) and successfully getting a new job. Oh well, it's not like I'm a massive fan of painting anyway. :lol:

Oh, well yeah, I can understand why you're not joining. All the best for all of those projects and especially finding a job!

Ludovic

:) You... You traitor!

Is this your final choice? As in, have you ordered them? *takes out chainsword in case the answer is a yes*

Yes, it's my final choice :P I'll enjoy kicking your Space Puppies out of the battlefield ;)

Ludovic

:P You... You traitor!

Is this your final choice? As in, have you ordered them? *takes out chainsword in case the answer is a yes*

Yes, it's my final choice :P I'll enjoy kicking your Space Puppies out of the battlefield ^_^

Ludovic

HA! You don't stand a chance :P My "puppuies" will destroy your emo space marines in no time :lol:

I'd like to cast aspersions, as no one else has, on the idea that he has a majestic soul.. Ridiculous!

Damn, I thought that I could get away with that :rolleyes:

Ah well ^_^ Damn you, CJJ! *shakes fist at general GB direction*

Ludovic

• 2 months later...

Not yet finished. He's obviously missing a head and he hasn't been based. He has to dry a bit too, but even now I'm pretty damn happy with him :lol:

gallery_45765_8013_98013.jpg

gallery_45765_8013_116937.jpg

gallery_45765_8013_102253.jpg

gallery_45765_8013_148167.jpg

Look! Drilled barrel! :lol:

gallery_45765_8013_42915.jpg

I really enjoyed painting this chap, so hopefully the rest of the squad will be a blast too :lol:

Cheers,

Ludovic

Yeah man, he looks very nice Ludovic !

- The metal looks like I would image it on an Iron Warrior !

- Hazard stripes look perfect.

- The bronze with the patina is also quite nice.

Will you use decals ? What about the mk3 armour? I find this particular amrour typ very suited for the IWs legion.

What color did you use for the patina ?

A very good start Ludovic !

Cheers batu ;)

Yeah, the metal was an experiment and I was worried about it at first, but the different washes really made it what it is now! The hazard stripes were pretty tricky too, with a lot of touching up, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with them ;) I actually wanted gold, but the bronze looks pretty good too. At first, I didn't think I'd do the verdegris effect on the bronze parts and when it was still wet, it didn't look good. After drying, it was pretty good. I need more practice for sure, but it's not bad for a first attempt I think.

Nope, I'll be trying freehand as I'd like to (literally) brush up on my freehand-ing skills. Not sure about FW armour. It's expensive, but I may get some in the end because it fits the IW's very well, as you say, and I may use some for my Imperial Fist project ;)

I mixed a 1:1 mix of Ice Blue and Hawk Turquoise for the patina/verdegris. You water that down and only put a very small amount around rivets and in recesses.

Cheers,

Ludovic

batu: Yeah, now that I've got some Iyanden Darksun I can finally enjoy painting yellow! And I'll try and get my hands on a paintbrush soon-ish, so I'll waste less paint ;) And yeah, it's expensive, but totally worth it in my mind :turned:

company veteran: Oh, cheers mate, I'm glad that you like it :)

Ludovic

What I LOVE about this one, is that the armor already looks scraped and all. (How difficult was that to paint?) Furthermore, The metal's colour looks great :turned:

This is making me want to paint Iron Warriors as well... :)

Cheers Lyra ;) It wasn't difficult at all, it just requires a bit of time because all of the layers of washes (about five in total) take time to dry completely. But it's not difficult at all. Next time we meet up for a hobby moment, I'll show you how it's done!

Haha, I think that you should concentrate on finishing at least one squad of Space Wolves before considering painting anything else :lol:

Ludovic

What's the wash process for the metal? It looks great!

Cheers mate :devil: It takes time for the washes to dry, but the process itself is really simple: one layer of black wash (I use Army Painter Dark Tone Ink which is the equivalent to the old Badab Black), followed by two washes of brown (again, I use Army Painter Ink, this time Strong Tone ink which is like Devlan Mud), then you use a sponge to do the scratches, followed by a wash of Gryphonne Sepia.

Ludovic

Archived