Watch the Galaxy Burn! my Sons of Malice

Razorblade

Hey everyone!

Before i start to write i want to apologize for my english, i guess it's not totally awful but I'm sure I'll make a bunch of mistakes... ^_^

I want to motivate myself with this topic on painting my uprising Chaos Forces.

The following is to come:

1 Sorcerer in power armour

Brother Invictus(Lucius Count-as/Lord)

Yet nameless Huron Count-as

50 cultists

5 Chaos Space Marines

1 havoc Squad(7 Marines)

3 Obliterators

1 Chaos Rhino

2 Hellbrutes

1 Helldrake (still don't know how to convert that mini, I just hate that stupid claws and the Dragonhead)

Some Chaos Spawns and at least one Deamon Prince if my Champions come to be replaced

All minis in power Armour will be made from Dark Vengeance/HQ Models.

Always great to see more recruits for the Sons of Malice.

However, there are some elements in your army I wouldn't really consider very fluffy.

1. Sons of Malice have relatively recently become renegade and thus haven't had the centuries of exposure to the Warp that would taint their armour enough to make em anything like the Vengeance models, as cool as they may be.

2. Obliterators? Will they be count-as? Because daemonic/mutating influence is generally pretty low in Sons of Malice due to their reverence to Malal who hates all things Chaos. I don't think they'd want to go around infecting themselves with daemonic viruses.

3. Same for Chaos Spawns.

4. Same counts for Heldrake etc, unless you really convert it to look more like some other type of flyer; just different in general since they're really not supposed to be your traditional, average Chaos Space Marines.

5. Sorceror would be cool if you made him shamanistic and feral, since they wouldn't really have "warlock" type sorcerors (being all Chaos-y and whatnot).

Anyway, of course you don't have to listen, but since you chose Sons of Malice, I assume you like some of their fluff or background, but that does mean you gotta do a little to differentiate them from vanilla chaos marines.

Hey, thanks for your critic, i love your Sons of Malice but i will go a little different on mine ^_^

1. I was thinking about that, but I don't want them to be just spikey Marines...

2. My brother gave me the Minis from his old Chaos forces and they're just to cool to be unused

3. Yes but with the new Codex every Champion can turn into one so I want to have some Minis on Stock just in case ;)

4. I don't want it to look like a Dragon! It'll be heavily converted to look moe like one of the Forgeworld flyer, but it won't be a converted Imperial Flyer because I don't want spikey vanilla Marines :/

5. He will have a lot of trophies and occult items (Pictures of him and the first bunch of cultists tomorrow :P )

I like the Sons of Malice to be a band of anarchistic Reavers led by extremely powerful Champions fighting against everyone and everything on their search for a worthy opponent, so my Army should consist of many small mobile units with mighty characters... But Iff you have some more suggestions on what units would be cool please tell me, of course I want a somehow fluffy Army

Always great to see more recruits for the Sons of Malice.

However, there are some elements in your army I wouldn't really consider very fluffy.

1. Sons of Malice have relatively recently become renegade and thus haven't had the centuries of exposure to the Warp that would taint their armour enough to make em anything like the Vengeance models, as cool as they may be.

Since when has exposure to warp been a direct correlation to mutation? Look at Talos. No mutations whatsoever caused by warp exposure. Zso Sahaal, spent 10,000 years in the warp, also no mutations. According to the short story The Labyrinth, there were some Sons of Malice who underwent severe mutations within the Space Hulk after failing to succeed.(page 224, Heroes of the Space Marines anthology) And let us not forget the Soul Drinkers who underwent severe mutations within a short amount of time. So severe that they had to find a way to halt said mutation before it destroyed them.

2. Obliterators? Will they be count-as? Because daemonic/mutating influence is generally pretty low in Sons of Malice due to their reverence to Malal who hates all things Chaos. I don't think they'd want to go around infecting themselves with daemonic viruses.

3. Same for Chaos Spawns.

4. Same counts for Heldrake etc, unless you really convert it to look more like some other type of flyer; just different in general since they're really not supposed to be your traditional, average Chaos Space Marines.

True, no instances of daemons were shown, but then again, there are so few instances of of Malal/Malice being shown at all. But Malal/Malice is representative of the parasitic nature of Chaos and feeds off both Chaos itself and the enemies of Chaos. Not only that, but the Dreadaxe of Kaleb Daark and the Dreadaxe shown in the 3rd Edition CSM, was a daemonweapon of Malal/Malice, which would say he does have daemons. So I would say daemons are a go.

5. Sorceror would be cool if you made him shamanistic and feral, since they wouldn't really have "warlock" type sorcerors (being all Chaos-y and whatnot).

Anyway, of course you don't have to listen, but since you chose Sons of Malice, I assume you like some of their fluff or background, but that does mean you gotta do a little to differentiate them from vanilla chaos marines.

Again, what is "warlock" exactly? The Aspects of Chaos are many and varied. Malal/Malice is just one of those aspects. His sorcerers don't have to fit any specific archetype other than devotion to Malal/Malice and displays the typical "parasite" nature.

Basically, good luck and I have no problem with any minis you pick up and decide to use.

Archived