Abaddon The Despoiler!

maverike_prime

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/CB-abaddon.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/DSCN5225.jpg

Nearly two years ago I embarked on a quest to recreate the Despoiler himself, Ezekyle Abaddon. I went through a lot of work trying to figure out what I really wanted to do with the model and I chronicled that work here for those that are interested. That version was certainly well done, but such is the efforts of any dedicated converter that we must always find faults and ways to improve our projects. There are several points in the model that I want to address and correct in a new version. Firstly, while I love the symbolism of Abaddon crushing the Sanguinary guard's helmet in his palm, I found that the absence of a body for which the helmet to have come from to be troubling.

So with this new version I'm going to incorporate an entire Sanguinary Guard body into the base of the model, probably showing that the head has actually been ripped from it rather then just the helmet. Another point that bugged me is the positioning of the Talon's thumb relative to the helmet in the palm of it. If you're gripping a roundish object in the palm of your hand and you move your fingers to apply pressure to it, the object has a tendency to slide back away from your fingers so you need to move your thumb to hold it in place. I want to do that with the Talon of Horus. So what I'm probably going to do is convert a sort of mild articulation track to allow the thumb to move up and down relative to the inner portion of the palm. That way the thumb can be positioned behind the head as Abs' is crushing it. I also want to position the body differently with the arm with the head more outstretched and presenting. Almost like Ab's is saying "HA! I have bested the best of you and he was less then nothing to me!"

So this will be my work log of Abaddon the Despoiler V 5.0!

Well if he is better than you last version then this is going to be pure win! What era are you going for? Current, heresy or pre-heresy? Might I suggest some chaos-y cataphractii shoulder pads for a change to the norm?

Any ways; good luck!

I'm going to go for modern era. I am considering the Cataphractii models, but at the same time I don't want to re-define the character. Merely correct the problems I had with the previous version which was itself an improvement on the version I entered in the conversion contest which was intended to update the aged model. So a rule I'm not inclined to go with Forge World's Preheresy models, but I am not opposed to them either.

Archived