Iron Warriors- The Raid of Saint Helenas

Well to start my WiP I should probably give a bit of background to what I'm hoping to achieve. Eventually this should be a thematic 2000 force but trying my best to keep it competitive against my friends necrons, space wolves, world eaters and sisters of battle

So to start with in using Huron black heart because I feel he thematically fits the back story of attacking iron warriors; as in the infiltrating units are those that managed to get through fortifications in quick time. I'd really love to do a sorcerer but my second HQ will be my warpsmith who should be helping out my eventual predator and maulerfiend. I'm also planning to use a unit of shooty chosen with the start if the oblit virus purely for looks.

Apart from that I will update the photos tonight of my counts as Huron, mauler and warpsmith and hopefully the start of my unit of twenty.

Anyway good luck to all my fellow chaos players and I hope people enjoy what I'm doing

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/sangunius_chosen_wing/huron.jpg

Ok here is the two characters I built during lunch ive also finished off the maulerfiend but as I havent converted it I wont get photos until I actually paint the big dog demon :P Im also building up my contemptor the base is done and the body just have to pin the legs and find some magnets to change the weapon around which will either be the assault cannon or the plasma

Anyway I will try and post some undercoated models tomorrow and start building on my troops/ chosen

No he will be Huron thinking about changing the back power source but I'm not sure. I was going to go with a straight tech marine but give it the heavy flamer arm but it just looked off with the lightning claw. Any other ideas would be good but I didn't want to go that overboard as I feel they are similar to the death guard without to much really going on.

All B&C is welcomed especially if anyone has any ideas on some iron warrior bikers as I can't stand the basic bikers

• 2 weeks later...

I realised I havent updated this yet but with my exam finished tomorrow I will be able to get stuck in and smash these out. My Maulerfiend is built as are my 20 normal marines I just need to really set my heart on what I want to give my Chosen. I should be able to fit more in to my promise and im hoping to add a Helldrake, marine counts as Iron hand straken, veteran cultists and a few vehicles but we will see what is happening.

I have reposed my Huron by just titling the axe head forward so its more sweeping than upright but otherwise I am excited to get stuck in

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the tardy updates the exam went well but then a fair few issues arose that delayed my updates and work

However this is a forum about SPHESS MAHREENS so lets crack into it

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/sangunius_chosen_wing/95338468-B5AB-46BB-AE6D-7E410636C698-2789-0000021A5270B30B.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/sangunius_chosen_wing/3D6B0D9B-EC93-4B5F-805E-51102EB9FED2-2789-0000021A3F2FAA60.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/sangunius_chosen_wing/9D71AE90-3D65-4621-9D57-78D95A2FBFB4-2778-000002172958FB52.jpg

So this is the initial bunch I still have a few more guys to undercoat and wash to get them up to the same level but unfortunately I ran out of Badab Black so I will need to flog some off my friend.

Still a little unsure about what direction I want to go with my chosen. I was going to maybe do a shooty squad but the amount of people that just break down the Iron Warriors to tons of shooting is a little disproportionate so im thinking of an assault group that has managed to storm a position and quickly and brutally take down and claim the breach. So while I will add in a Defiler and probably a Landraider and eventually a bunch of IG the core force will be a rapid response mid to close range fighters.

Anyway I will hopefully have more wash tonight and will finish the other guys up and then focus on highlights and colour washes to add some contrast and character to the guys and hopefully start and finish my chosen before the month is out

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/sangunius_chosen_wing/07E43722-58D1-4A40-A2CD-7C1984E72E4B-4923-0000032ACFE3C24A.jpg

Minor update I know but the mauler is coming along steadily and all the marines are basecoated and washed ready to go so just adding small rust points and some oil stains to make them stand out a little better.

Still working on my chosen havent been happy with anything Ive done so far but as I have just started the siege of catellax I may gain some inspiration from what I assume will be a prevalence of raptors/possessed from the cover

Archived