Best Marks for Raptors?

Lord_Starscream

I've used both Khorne and Slaanesh, both with great succéss.

If I was forced to pick one however, I'd go with Slaanesh, but that's because I like FnP, and FnP likes me. :blush:

I'd go with Slannesh as well. You have more mobility than most units out there, so you should be able to pick an choose your targets. Counter Charge would provide a limited benefit, using this logic. While more Initiative is generally more useful to a plethora of units you will have the ability to charge into.

Slaanesh gives you more defence with getting to hit first and FnP, if you have points for the icon.

Khorne obviously gives you more offence with more attacks.

Those are your options really! I'd say Khorne if you can support them, Slaanesh if they're lone rangers.

I plan on going Khorne with mine. Depending on how my lists shape up, I'll either be using them as a flanking/harassment unit (in which case MoK makes them capable of easily overwhelming heavy weapon squads and the like) or as a bodyguard for a flying lord, and I'm pretty sold on MoK for lords in general.

I can definitely see the appeal of MoS, mobile high initiative with the option of fnp seems like it has a lot of uses, but I don't like Slaanesh and the raptors' limited access to power weapons makes the +1 initiative less useful against space marines; my local meta is more than half space marines of some kind or another, with a smattering of orks, necrons and guard for the rest, and I don't see initiative being as important as volume of attacks against any of the xenos.

I haven't up until now considered MoN on raptors - T5 would boost their survivability somewhat, but it just doesn't seem as useful as the rage/counterattack combo.

different strokes for different folks.

with veterans of the long war youve got a pretty good combat unit already.

nurgle gives you the added toughness and suriviabilty, khorne the rage attacks and counter assault and slaanesh gives you the initiative which makes you strike first vs MEQs.

combined with Vets of the long war IMO slaanesh is best, but again its situational based on everyones experiences and personal tastes

Depends on what you are going for.

Khorne is superb for the fear factor and the buckets and buckets of dice.

e.g I find that I can control my opponent easier via threat factors/pressure if I roll with MoK.

Vague, I know, but if you want to try and force their hand, give it a go.

My 2 Kraks

I'd lean towards MoK. Coupled with VotLW and hammer of wrath, you should be able to break a squad on the charge. I'd take the single claw over a power sword because as you get more attacks (from khorne), the shred bonus outweighs the -1A from no offhand.

I'd lean towards MoK. Coupled with VotLW and hammer of wrath, you should be able to break a squad on the charge. I'd take the single claw over a power sword because as you get more attacks (from khorne), the shred bonus outweighs the -1A from no offhand.

How often do you find that you get to use Hammer of Wrath? I almost never do with my Jump Infantry. I'm almost always using the JP for gettting me to the assault.

How often do you find that you get to use Hammer of Wrath? I almost never do with my Jump Infantry. I'm almost always using the JP for gettting me to the assault.

Agreed.

IMO? They're not that great in melee so hitting first > an extra attack for me, especially if Champ has AP3.

Dallas

Agreed.

IMO? They're not that great in melee so hitting first > an extra attack for me, especially if Champ has AP3.

Dallas

This 100%.

It's not cheap but I've been putting 2LC on my champ. Looks cool, plus 4 attacks with full rerolls against most of my opponents is pretty nice. Took out a librarian in a challenge with him.

Plus, FnP is amazing.

Archived