Sons of Malice (GK Codex)

Hidicul

I stumbeled across the Sons of Malice last summer and decided I wanted a Malice army. The problem was that the CSM codex didn't allow for a competetive and fluffy Malice build, and with the new codex, it became even worse for the worshipers of Malice, so I set out to find a codex that would allow me to make my army. A friend of mine wanted to get rid of his GKs so by defult they became my Malice followers. Starting the army off is going to be these guys.

gallery_68682_7878_60181.jpg

They are going to become Purifiers with 5x Falchions and Psybolt amm for 165 points.

Psssshhhhh, if you want to do something Chaotic and you're basing it on the loyalist chapter, well, you've actually started in the right place but I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Consider this, a marine from any chapter has to change significantly to fall to Chaos (even if it's Malal Chaos) and to tell yourself these would be carbon copies of loyalist GKs would be a travesty in both the fact that the loyalist GK fluff is terrible and that to do nothing different from it would be to make an army in error, even if it is so wondrous an error as this :)

Using the GK codex for Malice Chaos Marines is a good idea since there all about destroying the other chaos gods. Fluff wise I think if you did it as a "count as" army using the GK codex to play would be better than saying GK's fell to chaos. You could say a large cabal of psykers, or an entire librarius of (unknown) chapter fell to Malice worship. And hence the reason their all psyker's.

Or as the Psychic abilities work mostly for units rather than individuals, they could be represented by Icons, combat stimms, etc. Similarly, the power weapons could just be daemon-bane weapons, or even some mild form of Daemon Weapon (to help explain the ID force weapon effect).

Could do up a Malal Daemon Prince or Greater Daemon as a counts as dreadknight.

I actually got a thunder wolf head from a friend that I was planning on putting onto a daemon prince and sculpting it to be on all fours since I saw a refrence somewhere saying that Malice has a wolfs head. Thanks for the idea, I'll have to ponder this. To everyone else, thanks for the ideas for fluff, adding them to the pressure cooker of my brain.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived