Custom Blood Angel Dice Bags and Patches

Evicerator

UPDATE 11/20/12:

The group buy will be closed on 12:01am EDT Monday 26th November. This should be enough time to get the word out for these. I will be collecting money on Monday 26th November until Sunday 2nd of December. That will allow a full week to get everyone's money collected. Once that is all collected I will place the order with the embroiderer and they should have the patches back to me within a week. For those that only order a patch, they will be mailed out within 1-2 business days. Those wanting a patch and a bag I will ship our patches to the bag maker and she expects a turnaround time of 3-ish weeks AFTER the new year (she closes down shop from 16th December till January 1st). Once I get the finished bags back, I will ship those out to everyone within 1-2 business days.

Patches will be digitization fee (if we get all 18 orders confirmed/paid the fee will be $3.75) + $8

Bags will be $16

Shipping domestic will be $5

Shipping international will be $10

UPDATE 11/19/2012:

The bag maker will be taking the holidays off for the most part and has requested that should we order before the new year that the wait on the bags will be 8-10 weeks. The embroiderer is giving a 3-5 day turn around.

As it stands today - we have 18 members interested in this group buy which would bring the digitization cost down to $3.61/person. The embroidery fee is $8 for the bags/patches. Bags will be $16 before shipping. Shipping domestically will be approximately $5. Internationally will be around $10. So it's looking like it will be very close to $32 for domestic bags and $37 for international bags.

My fellow brothers, I come to you with another non-profit group buy idea for your thoughts and approval!

So this portion of my dicing projects looks to be swinging into gear finally. Back when I originally made the first custom dice thread, I had several members PM me to ask about getting a dice bag made for the dice and being the custom/unique-stuff-manufacturing/ordering-person that I am, I loved the idea.

I started my quest to see about getting these made about 6 months back and ran into quite a few stumbling blocks. Foremost being that there were very few custom fabricators willing to work with me on anything smaller than 50 units (I'm foreseeing that we'll not likely meet that number, but I'd be happily surprised if we did.) and even those that were willing to take on a smaller project such as this, wanted exorbitant amounts of money (unless, or course, we got large order numbers totaling 100+ units)

In my travels for work I found a custom embroiderer that was willing to take on the project with no constraints on the size of the order and their setup (digitizing the logo) fee was a mere $65 (compared to the $135 I had become accustomed to finding...) with a per unit cost estimated at $8/logo stitched at roughly 3.5" x 3.5" They showed me a great deal of their work and they produce a top notch product (which was a requirement of mine.) He's also offered to embroider a high quality patch that can then be stitched onto a bag of your choice if you'd prefer doing that over buy the embroidered bag.

I then managed to happen across a custom dice bag manufacturer who makes custom dice bags for the gaming community and her bag work is exceptional and very well built. I was quoted a price for a bag that has a fabric insert sewn into the center that divides the bag into 4 compartments (for our different types of dice that we all use to play the game. I figured we could also place tape measures, templates, psychic cards, etc. into the separate compartments.) at roughly $16/bag. Given the quality of her work and the utility of the bag, I considered this a pretty good price for the bag.

So that brings the per cost of the bag to $24/bag not including the split cost of the initial digitization of the logo ($65) which gets lower as we get more people in on the buy (i.e. it would be an additional $6.50/bag if 10 people wanted to get the bag made.)

The bag is made by Marsbarn on etsy, this is a picture from her facebook of the divided bag style:

http://www.evicerator.com/evicerator/pictures/warhammer/dicebag/divideddicebag.jpg

The bag will be black exterior, with red stitching. Red interior with black stitching. The drawstring will be offered in black or red (red will add $1 to final cost of bag as she has to custom order this color.) Patch will be stitched to the bag with included cost of the bag.

The logo I'll be using on the bag is this one:

http://www.evicerator.com/evicerator/pictures/warhammer/dicebag/f9c9ee001dcaf54405d9d4119cebdac0.jpg

So this is where I turn the project over to you guys. I plan on getting this done here shortly regardless if there are others interested in having it done (I know, insane to be paying $80 for a dice bag, but how bad@$$ haha! considering I've spent $70 on the dice, it makes it a bit easier to swallow ^.^; ) But for everyone that is interested in getting one it brings the cost down for all involved. I'm open to shipping all over the world, but the cost would not include shipping. I'll look into an actual shipping cost for international members outside of the U.S. who are interested(which should cost significantly less than using the USPS priority flat rate boxes that cost $17 to ship the dice orders O.o). I'd imagine it should only cost $7-9 for international shipping.

So if you're interested in getting in on these custom bags, please post (and only if seriously interested :D .) and we'll get this project underway.

Bag

Evicerator - 1 Divided bag (Red drawstring), 3 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Sokhar - 1 Divided bag (Red drawstring), 2 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Jakbal - 1 Divided bag, 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Erasmus of Baal

Gray Knights

Psychodough - 2 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Stvafel - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Gregornet - 1 undivided bag, 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Mithrilforge - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Theharrower - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Bradley Powers - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 3 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Drunken Angel

Downrange - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 undivided bag (red drawstring), 4 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Dennismathys - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Teeef

J-rich54 - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

ianj253 - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Mercy Killer - 2 Divided bags (red drawstring for both), 2 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Venemox - 1 Divided bag (red drawstring), 3 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Morello - 1 Undivided bag (red drawstring), 1 patch (Confirmed by PM)

Jamob - 1 Undivided bag

Mortare - 1 Undivided bag (red drawstring), 2 patches (Confirmed by PM)

Bag total: 5 Undivided, 14 Divided.

Patches: 30 (17 members $65/17 = $3.85/person digitization fee.)

Glad to see all of the interest. With a few more aboard we can have the cost slimmed down to a bit more reasonable prices.

I've been in talks with the embroiderer and they've offered that we can make the logo a patch that can be sewn onto any bag. So if that would interest more people, we can go that route.

:lol: i got the dice so i better get the bag then,so count me in for 1 at least, international to Oz...anyone else from Australia ordering, PM me and we all will combine together to save on shipping ;)

cheers, Mithril

If that is a concern, I am contemplating getting the patch/logo embroidered and taking the cost on first hand so it's not an unknown risk for others. Just a little more work and upfront money, but if it would help with persuading those on the fence into getting one then I wouldn't mind.

I'm definitely in for a dice bag, as well as 2 or 3 patches if you end up doing that as well... Looking forward to seeing this happen, the last 2 group buys I've been in (the recent DC dice, and the previous BA dice) have been nothing short of fantastic.

Funny story, I did get a die that was slightly better than average! Instead of a side with 2 pips, it had an additional 3! I call it my armor save die, and it now lives in my garbage can :D.

Evicerator, would the patches work towards splitting the digitizing cost as well?

Yes they would. Would only be fair considering it'd be part of the group getting the logo embroidered as well as the patch. Plus if we get 20+ interested in the embroidery then the fee would be $3-ish (which isn't bad imho)

I'm definitely in for a dice bag, as well as 2 or 3 patches if you end up doing that as well... Looking forward to seeing this happen, the last 2 group buys I've been in (the recent DC dice, and the previous BA dice) have been nothing short of fantastic.

Funny story, I did get a die that was slightly better than average! Instead of a side with 2 pips, it had an additional 3! I call it my armor save die, and it now lives in my garbage can :eek.

Doh... sorry I never thought to check the pips. Lol glad it met a timely demise cause that wouldn't bode well should someone catch that before you did haha!

I am in for a dice bag thanks, some of the local players refuse to play me unless I allow them to use the Blood Angels dice you organised. Those dice have been rolling hot or it might be the storm ravens I run. The dice have had many comments and are admired untill the game gets along and then they go quiet then the next game comes along its "Oh I forgot my dice may I use yours" ? :D

awesome! finally picking up some steam on this project.

I will update the first post with everyone's input and we'll start heading towards closing this out within the next two weeks if that works out for everyone.

Pretty stoked to get these done =D

Archived